• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

qtr9wvgsujidg5zri4im.gif

I'm so hyped for this game!! I can't believe it's a week away already.

Nice job on the OT, Nemesis_! Got me even more hyped just seeing it :)

-MD-

I don't understand why it needs 4 gigs. Guess I will be picking this up on PS4.

It doesn't need 4GB VRAM.

Minimum requirements says it'll run on 1GB.

I'm pretty sure I see this every time I close my eyes.

586e84.gif

I never really made gifs prior to posting in Evil Within threads but it's pretty neat to see it linked around on twitter and other sites.

Not that it took me more than a couple minutes or anything, just sayin it's neat.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It doesn't need 4GB VRAM.

Minimum requirements says it'll run on 1GB.

I never really made gifs prior to posting in Evil Within threads but it's pretty neat to see it linked around on twitter and other sites.

Not that it took me more than a couple minutes or anything, just sayin it's neat.

Woah, this is new, just noticed they added a minimum on steam.

GTX 460 or equivalent 1 GB VRAM card

Huh. Well thats a step in the right direction at least. Didnt know they specified another card.

-MD-

Woah, this is new, just noticed they added a minimum on steam.

GTX 460 or equivalent 1 GB VRAM card

Huh. Well thats a step in the right direction at least. Didnt know they specified another card.

Oh there was a thread for it and it was posted in a few different threads, maybe we should put it in the OT if it's not already there.

But yeah they did release min specs after the backlash.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh there was a thread for it and it was posted in a few different threads, maybe we should put it in the OT if it's not already there.

But yeah they did release min specs after the backlash.

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/10/02/update-on-the-evil-withins-pc-requirements/

If you meet the recommended specs, you’re in for the ideal experience. The game looks amazing with full-screen anti-aliasing, full shadow quality, motion blur, tessellation, SSAO, and 1080p visuals.

Well at least we know the game will have graphics settings. Funny i dont think people know this....

That gif should really be in the OP if it isn't already. I mean, The Evil Within might very well have the most satisfying gunplay of any TPS to date. And that's pretty remarkable imo.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im actually pretty relieved now. Was not aware of the min reqs update. Was really worried that the game was drawing a hard line at the 4gb mark. Seems to me this is a case of Japanese perfectionists insisting on the best possible experience.

Grief.exe

Im actually pretty relieved now. Was not aware of the min reqs update. Was really worried that the game was drawing a hard line at the 4gb mark. Seems to me this is a case of Japanese perfectionists insisting on the best possible experience.

Now we just need to focus on getting the framerate situation resolved.

JayEH

Finally pre ordered on PSN. Doing this not only to support future AAA horror games but also AAA Japanese game development :)

Lernaean

Banned
Excellent OT Nemesis_.
Using dark theme on mobile and it's glorious!
Still don't know if I'm getting PC or PS4 version. Got them both preordered just in case >.<

Lucent

I kind of wish I didn't read the article, that and the
leech
enemies were new to me.

Yeah we only have a week left. We gotta be strong and try to avoid spoiling any further. Hoping to see a lot of cool locations and encounter a lot of crazy enemies.

antitrop

I haven't seen a single trailer. Does this game have the shinji mikami brand of humor that I love so very much?
The interviews with Adam Sessler do. The Bethesda marketing department is really trying to play this one up as a straight psychological thriller. If there's any trademark Mikami humor to be found in the game, they aren't playing it up as part of the marketing. They're going full-Saw on the trailers for this one.

I sure hope that we get making of documentary in the game as extras, with the subtitles and all. I would love to watch it. The Last of Us one was great and The Evil Within has plenty of potential as well.

I won't even be disappointed if The Evil Within doesn't top Wolfenstein for my GOTY, because Wolfenstein was just that good.

The only game I feel will top Wolf for me at this point is Bayonetta 2. I'm still looking forward to a number of titles but most of em don't really have a shot.

As for The Evil Within, I just want a good, lengthy, varied, well paced Mikami style survival horror experience. There's no way it's gonna be RE4, I can tell, so expecting a masterpiece is kinda crazy, but I'm okay with that.
but if it is, I'll never stop praising it

Holy shit, way too many spoiler-tagged posts. Been on blackout since summer. I'm out till next week. See you gentlemen on the other side.

Top Bottom