• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Helldivers 2 has sold "way more" than 5 million units already.

solidus12

I know this could be considered console warring but it’s too funny and must be shared

19HaEkV.jpg

saintjules

These usually aren't my games to play, but I'm willing to give it a try.

How difficult is it to get into Matchmaking compared to the launch period?

How much would anyone guess the budgets for this, destruction all stars, and foamstars combined would be?

5m sales would be $200m. Assuming the other two games sold zero, and discounting microtransactions and future sales, that seems like it would cover all 3 handily, right?
Foamstars is not a playstayion game, it's a Square Enix game.

HD2 cost probably between 50-100Mil. Imo, HD2 will eventually be the most profitable Sony game in history. Even with minimal updates, this game will make over a billion through sales and Microtransactions

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
A surprise hit with a live game isn't going to make Sony change their entire strategy for single player games. Like...i'm sure they know doing multiplatform releases would get them more sales, lmao.

That said, as costs increase, i won't be surprised if PC starts to get day one releases once PS6 is here though.
Sony will want to have Ps Plus ready for PC as well. Maybe even release console / PC versions of their games who knows? Like, you buy them once and you get both (like they do with PS4 and PS5 versions)
I fully expect multiplayer games to get day and date PC releases. Single Player games. I still think they will stay on Playstation, but I can see them putting out a test case to see the response.

Crayon

Foamstars is not a playstayion game, it's a Square Enix game.

HD2 cost probably between 50-100Mil. Imo, HD2 will eventually be the most profitable Sony game in history. Even with minimal updates, this game will make over a billion through sales and Microtransactions

Oh right about foamstars.

Well if they keep fishing for gaas hits, and the ones that stick are this good, it's not so bad. I suspect it's part of what's hurting their tentpole game output, but can't be sure on that. Might not be the biggest factor.

NonPhixion

Hahah I remember there was this one dumb fuck who said the game would start dropping in sales after the first week. What stupid shit that guy was.

5 million copies sold is a great success for a 10-day old game, so why messed with it by nerfing the only 2 viable equipment at the higher difficulties???

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
if i only had friends
That’s what’s great, you don’t need friends. It’s legitimately fun with random matchmaking as well. Plus weirdos don’t try to talk to you most of the time. It’s like the majority of players are in sync and don’t need mics to have a good time and complete missions successfully, even in random matches.

Holammer

Can you actually play this on PC yet? I kinda gave up on getting in.
Sorta, got to level 9 with a few missions here and there with friends without trouble, but I just did two missions back to back with no loot, credits or XP rewards.

(problem was fixed, got the rewards)

Last edited:
Top Bottom