• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

fvng

I hope I never stop enjoying things for the sole reason of getting older. That sounds depressing.

"Good for you not being bound by the recommended age limit listed on the box" - the Simpsons

I kid of course but you have to understand that tastes evolve with age. Do you still like the same things you liked when you were 10? Doubtful

I'm in the same camp, kingdom hearts strikes me as way too cartoony for a grown man like me. Part of why I'm looking forward to Versus

Andrefpvs

"Good for you not being bound by the recommended age limit listed on the box" - the Simpsons

I kid of course but you have to understand that tastes evolve with age. Do you still like the same things you liked when you were 10? Doubtful

I'm in the same camp, kingdom hearts strikes me as way too cartoony for a grown man like me. Part of why I'm looking forward to Versus

Well, certainly taste evolves with age, but I've kept my share of guilty pleasures :)

Neither do I. In retrospect, my comment really sounded obnoxious, not to say trollish.

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, I was looking at the new renders, and I still can't figure out if there's anything wrong with Ariel's right hand. Help me out pls:

wr3aajZ.png

Is she doing a \m/ ? lol

Famassu

Ultimately what we all want is the return of Amano, though I figure there is a generation of FF fans that don't give a shit about his artistic style, but for guys like me, his artwork defined the series growing up in the 90s.
The thing is, outside of the logos, Amano has shit all to do with the look of Final Fantasy. You DO know that the game you adore & love, FFVI, had Nomura as the actual 2d art designer? Besides, I always find it funny when people bitch about androgynous men in JRPGs and then are all fangirly about Amano, when there is no one in the world who draws more androgynous men than Amano.

And yet no localization announced for Type-0 or Bravely Default. I hate Square.
Well, technically this wasn't officially announced either...

Everyone here is already too old for Kingdom Hearts.
No one is ever too old for great games.

Esura

Banned

I do. I still like everything I liked when I was younger and I'll continue to do so unless I get dementia or something, its just now I'm able to appreciate even more stuff because my tastes have evolved. I don't get how one could just stop liking something because they are older.

I feel like playing KH and watching Sailor Moon right now.

That cover...I really hope we get that one, though I kinda wish Riku was up in front with Sora and Kairi. I can't wait to playthrough Monstro and Neverland again, those were probably the best worlds of Kingdom Hearts, the battle music was especially good for Neverland.

Andrefpvs

That cover...I really hope we get that one, though I kinda wish Riku was up in front with Sora and Kairi. I can't wait to playthrough Monstro and Neverland again, those were probably the best worlds of Kingdom Hearts, the battle music was especially good for Neverland.

I'm glad you're excited for replaying KH, but Monstro was absolutely horrible if you happened to get lost in the maze. I try not to remember that.

SykoTech

When I was 10 liked things like Sonic, Mario, Sega in general, Nintendo in general, Disney Films, Star Wars, cartoons in general (Rocko, Dexter's Lab, etc.), Dragonball/anime in general, and comics (Spide-Man, Batman).

So...yeah. I still like the same stuff.

Sure, my taste have expanded with age and I like a lot of things I had no interest in when I was 10. But liking new stuff doesn't mean that I had to ditch the old.

I'm glad you're excited for replaying KH, but Monstro was absolutely horrible if you happened to get lost in the maze. I try not to remember that.

I think I may have gotten lost once or twice but I enjoyed the music for the world so much, especially the battle theme...that I would get lost on purpose sometimes...I power leveled like hell on that world. I'm not excusing it though, it was poorly designed.

Narolf

Banned
Totally redeemed yourself

Worst comes to worst, I don't dislike KH all that much. I just dislike how the series has evolved after KH 1, in terms of screen-writing and, more importantly, thematics. Chances are, I might even get this in that respect. Besides, Riku always seemed like a young Noctis to me, character-wise, even though Nomura acknowledged the latter is supposed to be unique, a type of characterization that is "yet to be seen".

Narolf

Banned
Besides, I always find it funny when people bitch about androgynous men in JRPGs and then are all fangirly about Amano, when there is no one in the world who draws more androgynous men than Amano.

Noticed that paradox too. Guess people are more prompt to cut some slack to Amano since his style remains abstract.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, certainly taste evolves with age, but I've kept my share of guilty pleasures :)

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, I was looking at the new renders, and I still can't figure out if there's anything wrong with Ariel's right hand. Help me out pls:

wr3aajZ.png

Is she doing a \m/ ? lol

Yeah, she signed I love you in American Sign Language. or she is trying to become Spider-Man. Either one.

Cute Game of Thrones reference with the throne made out of keyblades. Nomura's generally not afraid to wear his influences on his sleeve.

I hope there is a trophy for completing the game 100% without using the warp gummi.

KH1 HD is one of those games I just know I'll be getting platinum. I can't really come up with anything that would be too hard to get unless they go full retard with something like ''Kill 100 000 heartless''. Re:CoM is interesting one, I never really dived into the collecting stuff and whatnot so I wonder how hard that would be to plat...

Narolf

Banned
Final Fantasy remains the natural prolongation of Disney and even, may I say, Twilight and Harry Potter. In the next ten years, Disney will remind me of my childhood as much as Final Fantasy will remind me of my teenage-hood. Likewise, my 14 year old female cousin (aka the Mark IV of the Great Offspring, preceded by the Junior and the Gender-bend counterparts) might know the same with Twilight and Final Fantasy, respectively. Shew her the path with FFXIII, got hooked ever since.

Seda

I hope there is a trophy for completing the game without using the warp gummi.

KH1 HD is one of those games I just know I'll be getting platinum. I can't really come up with anything that would be too hard to get unless they go full retard with something like ''Kill 100 000 heartless''. Re:CoM is interesting one, I never really dived into the collecting stuff and whatnot so I wonder how hard that would be to plat...

I'm pretty sure if the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts had trophies, I would have gotten a platinum 4 times over.

EDIT: (Well I only bothered getting all gummi ship blueprints once....I would not like that to be a trophy....)

As for Re:Com...hmm....there's those character cards that you can get if you go back to the treasure rooms after you've beaten the R/R game. I've never bothered, but I don't think that'd be too hard if there was a trophy tied to that. Usually can get a key to rewards card in just a few battles. Otherwise, maybe performing all special sleights? eh

TEJ

perhaps.

I can't go back to a lot of the 80's cartoons that I watched.

Disney is a completely different story. I can talk with college buddies, or work chums about favorite disney movies and I won't get a single dirty look. People who grew up with Disney won't think less of you {and how many kids from my era didn't grow up with hand drawn animated disney?} because a lot of them know they're mostly good quality movies or shows.

thuway

The hilarious thing is, even with a remake, Square Enix could not bother to do a world wide release simultaneously.

Seda

When I was back home for Christmas, I caught the Hunchback of Notre Dame on TV when I was flipping channels.

It was as awesome as I remember it.

Narolf

Banned
The hilarious thing is, even with a remake, Square Enix could not bother to do a world wide release simultaneously.
Already said on the first page, but they are also localizing cut-scenes for the first time. It's more than just a remake.

Top Bottom