• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NO more MOTHER!!!

Jiggy

They should at least consult him on ideas for Mother-related Smash Bros. strages, or something. Fourside was really bland in SSBM, and Onett was cool but didn't feel particularly Mother-ish. If instead of cars they had the gang members and the corrupt police running around doing random stuff, like the Pokemon in the first SSB, it could have been better.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I guess it's understandable since it probably didn't meet the sales expectations Nintendo originally had.

Who developed Mother 3 by the way? Hal?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
If this is the case, they better bring it over stateside for one last swansong. NOW.

Ranger X

Billy Rygar said:
Of course anything can be imitated to a degree, and in many cases the result would be hard to tell from what it was imitating, especially in a project with the intrinsically collaborative nature of a videogame.

There you go. This is the only thing i wanted to state. I didn't mean to debate anything else. It's my only opinion about this all and this opinion is legit -- Kobun was sounding like what i stated make no sense or can't exist.
I agree we will probably not see another Earthbound unless the guy changes his mind (oh shit, here's another possibility of another Mother game!) but maybe we're gonna play some damn fine copycat in the futur and if the name is trademarked by Nintendo, who knows what use they could make of the name after all.
Tks Billy to show me intelligence and to actually understand what i say.

And to all those other GAF mediums/fortune tellers that can predict the exact and only futur of this world i say "we'll see".

Lee N

Membre
Oblivion said:
I guess it's understandable since it probably didn't meet the sales expectations Nintendo originally had.

Who developed Mother 3 by the way? Hal?

Brownie Brown. HAL did the sound code.

Ironclad

This is extremely depressing news, but if Itoi doesn't want to put out any more sequels, it's a decision I can respect. Now please Nintendo, bring out Mother 1 & 2 and 3 for NA. Come on!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ironclad_Ninja said:
This is extremely depressing news, but if Itoi doesn't want to put out any more sequels, it's a decision I can respect. Now please Nintendo, bring out Mother 1 & 2 and 3 for NA. Come on!
Awesome avatar and QFT.

Ironclad

Oblivion said:
Whoa, it's Ironclad_Ninja! Haven't seen ya in a long while.
Ha ha. Yeah, I was on a little bit of a hiatus. I just needed a little break is all. I'm back in full force for E3 though. :D

Archie said:
Awesome avatar and QFT.
Thanks. I wanted my old Jaffar avatar back, but this one will do nicely.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
A Link to the Past said:
Brownie Brown? I am almost CERTAIN BB did the graphics design, not the gameplay.
Well the game is basically a 2D version of Mother 64 I believe, so Brownie Brown redid it for the GBA.

Top Bottom