• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Adree

Y'all check out that GAFfer made wrasslin persona game yet? Seems pretty neat.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1286663

12.png

Honey-Rose-Download.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Developmental."

n5dB8ay.jpg

The only person under 35 in the photo is Ember Moon, who has 3 total matches on television.

Oersted

WWE STAR CODY RHODES BRINGS THE SMACKDOWN TO STAR CITY — Now that Oliver (Stephen Amell) has his new team, they are ready to hit the streets but Oliver doesn’t feel they are ready. Headstrong Wild Dog (guest star Rick Gonzalez) defies the Green Arrow’s orders and sets out on his own after a new drug dealer, Garret Runnels (guest star Cody Rhodes), who is terrorizing Star City. Runnels proves more powerful than Wild Dog and it is up to the Green Arrow to go head to head with Runnels to save his teammate. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#503). Original airdate 10/19/2016.

What is TNA

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AAA wrestlers make more working for American indies than one of the largest wrestling companies in the world

what the fuck AAA

Developmental is also about developing new talents as it is transitioning already trained talents into the WWE eco system.

It's not developmental for the majority of those people because most of them are just playing characters and working styles they already worked. You could say they're there to enhance the upcoming talent, however they're constantly pushed over that developing talent and are the focus of the product.

Guys like Cien, Ember, Payton or Kay are vets that are seriously working to find a way to connect with audiences and work WWE appropriate gimmicks. For every one of them there's 3 Roos' or Aries' who aren't going to learn anything new, are never getting over on the main roster and are constantly being pushed over the upcoming talent. The men's division is utterly dire right now.

Fox318

I kinda wish Zach ranked the Nitros, Raws, and Smackdowns.

I'm kinda curious what people would consider the best tv produced wrestling show ever.

DMczaf

I'm kinda curious what people would consider the best tv produced wrestling show ever.

Considering how short it was on the air, even with the bad episodes later on....I'd say Nitro was the best of those 3 on average.

Dang. Get Burnout Paradise sometime, it's legit great
I'll have to try that out sometime. Racing games in general aren't really my jam, but this Forza deal was just too good to pass up.

Since I play Forza Horizon as well do I have to have a Bayley avatar now? :(
YES

I say Smackdown from late 02 to around Wrestlemania 20. There's some terrible crap that aired on there (anything to do with Vince, basically), but I can't recall a show that so routinely had high quality wrasslin' as Smackdown during that period.

Kaladin

It's not developmental for the majority of those people because most of them are just playing characters and working styles they already worked. You could say they're there to enhance the upcoming talent, however they're constantly pushed over that developing talent and are the focus of the product.

Guys like Cien, Ember, Payton or Kay are vets that are seriously working to find a way to connect with audiences and work WWE appropriate gimmicks. For every one of them there's 3 Roos' or Aries' who aren't going to learn anything new, are never getting over on the main roster and are constantly being pushed over the upcoming talent. The men's division is utterly dire right now.

For the established guys who are going to work the same character and style they have before, "developmental" is about introducing them to the WWE universe at large and building their name and reputation within the WWE eco system. Look at Kevin Owens. If you knew nothing about the guy when he debut'd in NXT, they quickly did a very good job in telling his story and developing his story for a new audience. You can't just put Bobby Roode on Raw and have him act like a big shot. He's nobody. However on NXT, he's in front of fans who recognize him for the most part and will give him more of a chance. I know what you're saying though, AJ Styles is an anomaly who came in, ready to go exactly as he was and was built perfectly to be a top star. That doesn't happen with anyone.

Shootember : Ever since Taco Bell started letting you customize your orders, I've wanted to do a loaded as fuck nachos bell grande....well, here it is:

Nachos BellGrande®
+ Extra Reduced Fat Sour Cream
+ Extra Nacho Cheese Sauce
+ Extra Seasoned Beef
+ Premium Latin Rice
+ Bacon
+ 3 Cheese Blend
+ Onions
+ Guacamole
+ Fire Roasted Salsa
+ Avocado Ranch Sauce

All that for $8....gonna be a good dinner.

That goes well with the WWE Network. Entertainment at your fingertips for only 9.99

Jamie Noble was involved in a road rage incident, and was stabbed 3 times outside his home.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ion_After_Being_Stabbed_Outside_His_Home.html

So my first thought is obvious that it's a horrible incident, and I hope he recovers fully.

My second though is "He lives in a trailer park?". I mean, he's obvious not going to be near the highest paid guys, but I'd have thought he'd make enough to, you know, not live in a trailer park - even taking away travelling costs and the like.

Mizerman

Shootember : Ever since Taco Bell started letting you customize your orders, I've wanted to do a loaded as fuck nachos bell grande....well, here it is:

Nachos BellGrande®
+ Extra Reduced Fat Sour Cream
+ Extra Nacho Cheese Sauce
+ Extra Seasoned Beef
+ Premium Latin Rice
+ Bacon
+ 3 Cheese Blend
+ Onions
+ Guacamole
+ Fire Roasted Salsa
+ Avocado Ranch Sauce

All that for $8....gonna be a good dinner.

Taco Bell has come to terms on the release of Kaladin's bowels as of Friday, Sept. 30 2016. We wish Kaladin's anus the best in all future endeavors.

Zach

A+ show, Zach. A+.
Non Title Match
Steve Blackman defeats Ken Shamrock (3:26)

Singles Match
Mark Henry defeats Goldust by DQ (3:44)

Singles Match
Test vs. The Godfather - Double DQ (1:59)

Singles Match (Special Referee: Shane McMahon)
Triple H (w/Chyna) defeats Mankind (2:57)

Singles Match
D-Lo Brown vs. Edge - No Contest (4:57)

Two On One Handicap Match
Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson vs. Kane - No Contest

WWF Hardcore Title Match
The Road Dogg (c) defeats Al Snow (8:38)

Mm...hmm.

i doubt it's entirely accurate but a quick google search shows Corgan's net worth at 50 million. dat smashing pumpkins money.

i'm assuming TNA would be affordable to him.

Fox318

I'm up to season 2 on star trek Voyager.

How the Fuck did Neelx not shoot on Parris with a fucking gun after giving her that locket I will never know.

I'm usually pretty OK with whatever dumb shit a crowd chants, but the EVOLVE lot doing "How High? YEHI!" for Fred Yehi is a fucking abomination and further proves my point that American chants are shiiiiiiiit.
Except for that's how he got the name Yehi. It's a nickname he got from his height. He loves that chant.

Fox318

i doubt it's entirely accurate but a quick google search shows Corgan's net worth at 50 million. dat smashing pumpkins money.

i'm assuming TNA would be affordable to him.
He still needs to get a new tv deal, completely rebrand the product, and he needs to figure out a way to make money.

TNA should get a streaming network up as soon as possible.

Even if it doesn't have live PPVs it's going to at least generate some money and interest.

Top Bottom