• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shout out to current GameTrailers crew: the best I've ever felt about gaming media

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Or... and this is just a crazy theory... but maybe they were simply happy that those games were announced?

I know I know... crazy talk

there's a difference between being happy about an announcement and then completely pooping your pants over a remake, a niche title getting a kickstarted sequel and a game that looked to be basically on its death bed for years.

I'd much prefer the people I look to for information and thoughts to be more reserved and controlled when they see something that excites them. By all means, be EXCITED, but there's no need as a grown man to cry over a video game or jump around like a monkey. If GT is really making a shift towards "personality driven content" then shouldn't their personalities have more than one personality?

Hell yeah. Big props to the *new crew*. Is Damiani still there or was he a casualty of the layoffs a couple of months ago? Best wishes if he left.

I do remember though the days of Shane Satterfield, the annoyed gamer Marcus Beer and Pac-Attack. Entertaining too, but for the wrong reasons I'd say.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Brandon Jones IS GT to me, he's been voicing that site since before i can remember hearing about GT like 10 years ago. Time flies.

It also may be just me, but i love that they give time to many genres both east and west that many more outlets would not cover.

They arent as corporate and you can see that when they review certain relatively niche titles

Like what?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
there's a difference between being happy about an announcement and then completely pooping your pants over a remake, a niche title getting a kickstarted sequel and a game that looked to be basically on its death bed for years.

I'd much prefer the people I look to for information and thoughts to be more reserved and controlled when they see something that excites them. By all means, be EXCITED, but there's no need as a grown man to cry over a video game or jump around like a monkey. If GT is really making a shift towards "personality driven content" then shouldn't their personalities have more than one personality?
They all have different personalities, which is noticeable when you actually watch the videos they produce.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This new trend of fanboy wars between GameTrailers and Giant Bomb is the most embarrassing artificial rivalry in recent memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom