• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

It seems like a recurring theme. "Please be excited", or tweets/comments to that effect seem to always precede the conference itself.

According to you guys, what have been the most hype-worthy (if any) announcements of the previous E3's? Any that you feel truly justified a "Wait till you see this!" teaser?

Nothing. Sony had us at full hype last year, and it was the non-game stuff that got most of us dancing in our seats. I think sometimes it's because a 'bomb' leaks in the weeks before, and as gamers that embrace the NEW NEW NEW! by the time it gets to E3 it's old hat and we're all burned out. True E3 surprises are few and far between, and we usually have hype fatigue with everything else. We're like kids at christmas with too many toys, bored stiff and crying with rage in a pile of wrapping paper because we didn't get enough presents.

One of my favourite E3 surprises was GLaDOS and Gabe with the Portal 2 announcement.

Is this from a recent build? I wonder if the game will actually end up looking like that.

Actually a very old build, so will likely look even more polished then that.

The Panta Rhei engine has me excited. I could see them using this engine for a variety of games of this style like Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter.

Would be glorious.

Servbot24

Banned
Actually a very old build, so will likely look even more polished then that.

The physics of the rocks flying around isn't realistic (which I mean, who really cares), other than that, where else can they go o_O Though I guess the flaws will be more noticeable in direct feed

Some Nobody

epitome of narrow-mindedness.

1) indies are the most creative right now.

2) vr is the future.

hopefully the show more indies. would like gone home to come to ps4.

and luftrausers.

tired of the same aaa shit. watch_dogs looks like modern asscreed. destiny looks like next-gen borderlands.

no man's sky looks to be more interesting. so are rime and helldivers.

Clearly for him, indies are not interesting. Different people have different opinions.

Just for fun here is one of the time freeze

7YhcFzw.gif

As I said, just love the spell effects man. I would love to see this much attention to detail on spell effects for say a turn based JRPG next gen. Cinematic battles that look like this you know. Would be mind blowing.

Come back to me old SE! Come back!

Salex_

I'd be happier if they announced Lily Bergamo and showed some in game footage.

14041392963_4005a5769d_o.gif

I can't wait to see some footage of this game. Love the concept and it's one of the 2 upcoming character action games. It sucks that the genre is barely alive :(

hawk2025

Please don't focus on indie and VR. Please give us some WOW, WTF! stuff to keep the train a-rollin'!

I'd love it if they focused more on big AAA titles, but it seems that might not be the case. Sure, we'll get more Order footage, and maybe a new IP announcement HOPEFULLY, but they'll definitely peg indies and VR more. Might even see Shahid on the stage talking about Indies for 30 minutes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109597786#post109597786

Y'all are going to have a bad time this gen. Brace yourselves.

Lace

It seems like a recurring theme. "Please be excited", or tweets/comments to that effect seem to always precede the conference itself.

According to you guys, what have been the most hype-worthy (if any) announcements of the previous E3's? Any that you feel truly justified a "Wait till you see this!" teaser?
Star Wars Battlefront and Kingdom Hearts 3 comes to memory. Two of my favorite series which seemed to be dead brought back to life.

If it's just as fun for a comparable value as a retail game then who cares.
Can you really say that about a Capcom f2p game though? With all the micro transactions that they will no doubt try to force upon you, this may end up being more expensive than if it was just a 60 dollar retail game.

More of this

http://youtu.be/6qIX1PFQ0r0

http://youtu.be/V-JunUax8xg

http://youtu.be/RRpDn5qPp3s

http://youtu.be/Brd0F7rlXCI

Give me some of that indie goodness, Straight into my veins.

I really hope Sony does another Indie 8 style segment for their presentation again, easily one of my favorite parts of last years E3 in its entirety.

A Rime and No Mans Sky showcase would be fantastic at E3.

Sony has reeped the benefits so far of the love indies movement with some fantastic indies and F2P titles like Warframe, Blacklight and War Thunder already. F'n love my Don't Starve, Fez, Towerfall, Outlast, etc. Love it. Bring on more please.

Tratorn

Hopefully they'll let the PS3 die now, but probably not. Even the 5 minutes talk about it will be a waste of time. Together with Vita, PSNow and maybe VR they have noticeable less time for PS4 than MS has for the One. MS has probably only the 360 to waste some minutes if the "only games, games, games" talk is true.

yurinka

Rime, Last Guardian, Wipeout, Syphon Filter, Parappa, Tomba, Media Molecule's new project, Uncharted 4, Shenmue 3, Vita AAA exclusives ... uhhh nope, they'll choose VR Wonderbook instead

"Oh, and just one more thing... "

And then Mark Cerny and Yu Suzuki walk on stage.

holy-rollins.gif
Enter the Konami code in Knack, it may unlock Shenmue 3 as an Easter egg.

PayaV87

So how many new game announcement is 'expected' at E3?

1) Gran Turismo 7: Prologue
2) The Last Guardian moved to PS4
3) Demon's Souls spiritual successor by Miyazaki and From
4) Studio Japan's new JRPG
5) One blast from the past probably downloadable game (Parappa)
6) Zindagi's new game
7) Guerilla Games' New game
8) Quantic Dream's New game
9) Media Molecule's New game
10) SCE Bend's New game
(2 of the last 4 is probably Kill Strain and Entwined.)

If 3 of the above things happen alongside with the probable
1) DriveClub re-reveal
2) Uncharted 4 re-reveal
3) The Order: 1886 gameplay
4) Rime, Shadow of the Beast, Witness, Rapture trailers
5) PS Now beta and pricing
6) P. Morpheus

It's an exciting E3 already. If all 10 are happening (doubtful), best E3 of all-time.

1) Gran Turismo 4: Prologue
6) Zindagi's new game
10) SCE Bend's New game

1) DriveClub re-reveal
2) Uncharted 4 re-reveal
6) P. Morpheus

It's an exciting E3 already. If all 10 are happening (doubtful), best E3 of all-time.

It's E3 man, you've got to get that list down to about 4 or 5, and 3 of them have to really, really obvious.

Philippo

1) Gran Turismo 7: Prologue WOHA A PS2 HD REMASTER?
6) Zindagi's new game
10) SCE Bend's New game

1) DriveClub re-reveal
2) Uncharted 4 re-reveal
6) P. Morpheus

Yeah, i expect the bolded ones + the list below. Add in some SOE, HD Remasters, some cool third party shit and you've got yourself a pretty legendary E3.

I expect QD's game at Gamescom, Studio Japan's at TGS, Bend's at VGX, and both Guerrilla and SSM next year. I mean, after all they really have so many games in developement that can spread in various events.

Hydrargyrus

I sorry to say that, but I expect the worst for MediaMolecule... I see them making games for Move/VR/AR or things like these, that only few could be able to fully enjoy, as the fantastic LBP editor

Atlas157

I sorry to say that, but I expect the worst for MediaMolecule... I see them making games for Move/VR/AR or things like these, that only few could be able to fully enjoy, as the fantastic LBP editor

If they're making a VR game for Morpheus, I hope it's awesome. I think Sony moved away from motion controls.

SCEJ is working in tandem with Capcom on DD, so you never know.

That has never been explained properly.

It could be anything from, the SCEJ Business development managers reaching out and kickstarting development on the PS4, to full on co-production as you say. But I'd assume it's closer to the former.

Until there's more information on that I don't think it's confirmed one way or the other.

Exciting E3 means confirmed Square Enix at the Sony conference

I could see Sony unveiling Just Cause 3 there. It isn't a huge franchise, but it now has a very loyal hardcore following. FFXV and KH3 would all depend on whether or not Square was ready to show them off again.

If they're making a VR game for Morpheus, I hope it's awesome. I think Sony moved away from motion controls.

Well, if Little Big Planet 3 moves to 3D, then boom, you have tons of instant Morpheus Potential. Throw in the 3D Modeling of props, characters, and objects in the game using the Move (that they showed at E3 I believe?) and BOOM even more Morpheus potential.

It would be incredible if that happens. Craft all the items in your game related world, using Morpheus and the Move a la that Clay Modeling demo they showed. Then you can play the game you created with the Morpheus. Would be sogood.gif. Just seems like something that would be a perfect fit for Media Molecule.

Top Bottom