• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sierra Entertainment -- R.I.P.

apujanata

Seth C said:
What, Windows 3.0 was the first version? Haha. It could have been Windows 2.x on a 386/486 for all I know. After all, I was only 8-10 years old. I KNOW I played the game while I was in Texas, and I KNOW I left Texas in June of 1990, so I assumed it was 1989 when I played the game. It could have been May of 1990. I didn't note it in my journal. :) The guy would have had the newest hardware/software though, as his father was quite wealthy and working in the IT industry. Hell, they had a 4-5 story radio antenna in their back yard.

The windows BEFORE Windows 3.0 was called Windows 286 and Windows 386. Yes, there are two windows version BEFORE Windows 3.0. Not many people are aware of Windows 286 and Windows 386. The UI is like DESKQVIEW (spelling ?), the one made by Quarter Deck, and TOPVIEW (made by IBM, before they created OS/2).

Phoenix

Superbone said:
Wow, the end of an era. I worked for Sierra for 9 years. 5 in Oakhurst, CA and 4 in Bellvue, WA. This truly is a sad day in gaming.

Man that is too bad. I interviewed in the tiny Oakhurst town to work on the Babylon 5 game but passed on it to work for Bethesda Softworks. It was good that I did pass because that project was canned. There was a nice crew of people out there though. I'm sure Microsoft games is getting a lot of resumes at this point.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Big Giant Game is no more ?!? NOOOoooo !!! I love their city-building series such as Caesar, Pharoh and Emperor !!! What's going to happen to those IP now ?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Ghost said:
HOMEWORLD LICENSE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bish....do Relic own the Homeworld License??? please say yes.
Nope, that belongs to VU.

Recquiscat In Pace, oh creator of many great memories.

Does anyone know of anything like scummvm for SCI games? All the AGI games and a few old SCI games wirk for me, but I can't get my Space Quest IV or King's Quest V and VI to run correctly (with sound and voice).

fart

Savant
410.jpg

this one's for my homies

NEVER FORGET

Avazee

I still remember when I only had an Atari 520ST, and my friend from 4th grade was raving about King's Quest 1 for weeks.. so I got his disks and loaded them in my Atari using one of the very first emulation apps, PC-Ditto (emulated a DOS PC on an Atari). It ran funky slow but I still got to play it!

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the great "Conquests" games, Conquests of Camelot and Conquests of the Longbow... two great medieval adventures (my forte).

We'll miss you, Sierra (On Line).

Diomedeskun said:
Recquiscat In Pace, oh creator of many great memories.

Does anyone know of anything like scummvm for SCI games? All the AGI games and a few old SCI games wirk for me, but I can't get my Space Quest IV or King's Quest V and VI to run correctly (with sound and voice).

Use DOSBox.

Top Bottom