• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sigh... I'm not CBOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrargyrus

2006_v_for_vendetta.jpg

Bundy

Banned
But now, things got personal yesterday and during the night.
I've got not so nice emails and apart from already having pissed off Valve, the idea that I might be CBOAT apparently drew Microsoft people to me, which, honestly, makes me afraid.
Wait? So Microsoft has contacted you?
Unknown suits, or some "certain" people?

Man, that's awful. But, if you're with Valve, working and leak stuff...Highly likely you're under an NDA, and for breaking that you can end up in some big trouble...
I'M CBOAT.

Montresor

Not to pile on, but how on earth are you still employed at Valve? I imagine it's unacceptable to leak documents like that. It's fun for us gamers but I can't imagine any scenario in which your supervisors find out about something like this and then let you stay on the job.

DrBo42

That's not the reason for this thread. As I wrote - for leaking this stuff to CBOAT I take all consequences. The only problem right now is, that I might get in trouble with Microsoft because they think I'm CBOAT.

Surely there's a burden of proof there? Unless you're worried about an industry blacklisting which is pretty much already guaranteed at this point on Valve's behalf.

Yikes, I wouldn't like to be hounded by Valve. Gaben was pretty outspoken about how he doesn't take kindly to leaks after the HL2 debacle. Good luck with that bro.

It was pretty bad. Valve pretended to give the HL2 leaker a job just to get him to America where he could be arrested. Gaben can be really evil when he's mad.

Truly awful situation for you Ekim, anyone with half a brain cell could tell it wasn't you (didn't you even get briefly banned once for being so pro-Xbox?). Did you get any sleep last night?! Don't worry about the MS people, you've not done anything wrong.

LeleSocho

Banned
Gaben cannot be mad, we already knew Source 2 was in the works... hell he himself said it. Also it's not like vital stuff was leaked... it'll probably only help to build furthermore the hype behind it.
I don't understand if Microsoft made something to op though... if so fuck them.

Acosta

Well, you can find decency even from the darkest places:

reddit mod said:
So, I talked with the reddit admins about this and this is almost consider doxxing which is against the rules of reddit. We're leaving it be for now but if things escalate and anything personal comes out related to this, all related posts will be removed and the users banned (possibly from reddit as a whole). Reddit has a zero tolerance policy for doxxing. Please heed this warning.

Paganmoon

Could a kind soul gather up some links and such and post a timeline of wtf happend here? Didn't follow the valve leak thread, so...
I'm lazy :(

Foffy

Banned
Maybe as an outsider, what's the worst OP can get into? He's being hunted by MS with the accusation he's CBOAT? What would happen there?

Blablurn

I can see and understand why Valve is angry but it's ridiculous that Microsoft is after your ass as well. Especially since it's for no reason as it turned out. Don't they have better stuff to do?

CryptiK

Maybe as an outsider, what's the worst OP can get into? He's being hunted by MS with the accusation he's CBOAT? What would happen there?
Well he could very well lose his job AND no one will probably take him again in the industry

Salih

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/153933.html

4. That means that whole neogaf.com is used to spread hate on Microsoft. Well we here know why is it so. Microsoft outplayed all their competitors and they try to save their sales by lie and brainwash because they know they could not complete with Microsoft, People will choose Microsoft at the end because of games, value and features when all the Xbox One 2014 tech will be unvealed.

get da fuck outta here.
the rest could be truth though. Ekim should stay away from this forum for his own sake.

RaikuHebi

Banned
well he has a known talent for pulling BS out of his ass..so much so I think he is a cow now
Oh god he his hillarious:
"That set the tone for many "journalists" and fans over the internet (their motto: attack Microsofts minor weak points for massive damage)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom