• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

luffeN

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't think I can watch that again. Heart-rending.

Edit: And now it's looping the damn Battlefield 3 commercial every fifteen seconds now, so I'm definitely stopping.

McNum

It's mad that he can play that well and still have it not be enough. 1:48:50 is not a bad time at all, but it's not enough.

Still, I just saw someone beat Mario 64 is less than 2 hours live. That's awesome. I hope he gets it next time.

deleted

Better luck next time!

So he'll do another 6 hours of this today? I would go insane and become worse and worse at the game, if I had to start over and over again after getting so close...

luffeN

First Frame Wallkick: Sometimes called a “firsty”. If you do a wallkick on the first frame after touching the wall, you will go much faster than normal. This can be good or bad depending on the situation.

Dust Frames: When you dive, you will lose speed for every frame that you are touching the ground without rolling. These are called “dust frames” because of the dust that comes from Mario while he slides. If you are perfectly optimized, there should be no dust at all. Note: This also applies to consecutive long jumps.

Daaaaaaaamn! Nintendo, why u so good?

SparkTR

Better luck next time!

So he'll do another 6 hours of this today? I would go insane and become worse and worse at the game, if I had to start over and over again after getting so close...
He was at the 18 hour mark when he got his personal best, sleep deprivation somehow improved his skill.

Top Bottom