• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simulator games are the best

Herne

Car-Mechanic-Simulator-2014.jpg

Don't forget the awesome Car Mechanic Simulator 2014!

But seriously, its an awesome game. It is probably closer to a puzzle game than an actual simulator but it is really well done. It has a realistic depiction of parts and while it is not as in depth as it could be, it does a great job of showing you how the parts work and what parts interact with each other. Definitely worth grabbing, and even better if you can get it on sale.

If you're interested in that, you should take note of Automation.

Vintage

y7qPbvj.png

One of my favorites. I still wish that a company would step up to the plate and bring back the more kooky and generally strange simulators. I think there's plenty of potential for something similar to it, different arthropods/insects to explore.

Oh god, thank you for reminding me about this game. So good :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I love me some Tropico and Banished. I feel like Tropico 4 is a more detailed simulation than any SimCity game I've played. I mean, it simulates individuals, their lives, multiple political leanings, families, everything. Banished is more focused on resources and the chain of command

My favorite simulation games, however, are Thief, System Shock 2, and STALKER. Virtual realities like that are my jam. I love existing in an ecosystem where impossible life thrives. I love dealing with it.

I just discovered Tropico 4 myself, after buying the collector's pack during last weekend's Steam sale, and what a lovely game it is!

The premise of being dictator of a small island nation really works remarkably well with the granularity of control you have over every detail going on, from individual lives of citizens to foreign relations with superpowers, and the gameplay is excellent so far.

Considering that Football Manager is probably my favourite ever game, yeah I do love simulator games.

On the topic, you have no idea how badly I wish there was an FM style NBA simulator type game. Association mode in 2K just doesn't cut it for me.

Top Bottom