• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sinobi's blog: tight supply for Wii U in Japan

Goddamnit I can't wait to line up for another Nintendo release. Lol

I might just keep an eye out for people selling on Amazon. The 3DS prices barely changed from the MSRP and I ended up getting a 3DS within 1 day of release for the same price it would have cost to buy it at MSRP + train trip to the store. Lol

antonz

The manufacturing issues is certainly seeming more and more likely. Be really interesting to know where exactly in the chain is the issue

LiK

Cool lol. Unanimous too ;)

I thought those line up pics for the Pikachu 3DS LL were for actually purchasing the system, not for preordering.

regular ol' 3DS preorder lines.

22xdd.jpg

22xde.jpg

Michan

So, Amazon begins pre-orders at midnight tonight. What about Yodobashi/Bic Camera and Tsutaya? Does anybody have information for these stores? I have seen no signage.

And will it require up-front payment similar to the Pikachu 3DS or not? The only thing I've ever pre-ordered here is the Ico + SotC box.

Guys it's all just a a conspiracy. They don't put them in stores or let people buy them so they can sell more. Everybody knows this.

Ha, post above!

So, Amazon begins pre-orders at midnight tonight. What about Yodobashi/Bic Camera and Tsutaya? Does anybody have information for these stores? I have seen no signage.

And will it require up-front payment similar to the Pikachu 3DS or not? The only thing I've ever pre-ordered here is the Ico + SotC box.

The websites have been conspicuously lacking information. I'm going to Yodobashi/Bic Camera now to find out.

Wii U pre-orders at Yodobashi Camera 10/6 at 8 am Japan Time. Basic/Premium sets, games, accessories. No Monster Hunter Set pre-orders, those will be sold on launch day. Yodobashi Camera Kyoto: hardware set numbers, points back unknown. Probably 5% on hardware, 10% on software. Full pre-pay is likely.

Wii U pre-orders for all 3 sets at Bic Camera 10/6, 10 am store opening, Japan Time. Points: 5% on hardware. Unit numbers unknown.

LiK

Wii U pre-orders at Yodobashi Camera 10/6 at 8 am Japan Time. Basic/Premium sets, games, accessories. No Monster Hunter Set pre-orders, those will be sold on launch day. Yodobashi Camera Kyoto: hardware set numbers, points back unknown. Probably 5% on hardware, 10% on software. Full pre-pay is likely.

Wii U pre-orders for all 3 sets at Bic Camera 10/6, 10 am store opening, Japan Time. Points: 5% on hardware. Unit numbers unknown.

oh man, people will camp

The lines will be very long.

Michan

Thank you very much!

Onesimos

If the Japanese are interested in the Wii U, I expect long lines at the retailers.

AniHawk

way back in 2011 when it was first announced as project cafe, they were targeting the earlier part of 2012.

my guess was it was originally in the works as a late 2011 console, but the delay of the 3ds's launch also pushed the wii u back the same amount of time. and then they realized it would be dumb to release a console in the early part of a year and just made it late 2012, and may have made somewhat minor adjustments to the hardware thanks to the extra time.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
just realised .... i'm getting picked up for the football tournament on saturday outside a Tsutaya....

... at 7:30.

so close, but no pudding

ironcreed

Banned
I was in Gamestop here the other day (in US) and was talking to the guy working there about those of us on the waiting list and he said it is not looking good for this year. He went on to say that if they do get anymore stock in, then it would be after Xmas. He did say things could change, though. They just don't know right now.

I'll see if I can get a reservation on Amazon tonight (probably not).

If not, I'll wait and see how it goes. I don't really want to put money down yet.

Also, I'll swing by Sofmap and Super Potato after work to see what the deal is at those places.

Michan

I'll see if I can get a reservation on Amazon tonight (probably not).

If not, I'll wait and see how it goes. I don't really want to put money down yet.

Also, I'll swing by Sofmap and Super Potato after work to see what the deal is at those places.

Please post your findings back here!

Nisa65

What's the deal with preordering from Amazon.jp with regards to payment? Do they charge you straight away or only when they are due to ship the console.

I want the Monster Hunter bundle but I suspect I have a snow ball's chance in hell of getting one from them.

Neo C.

I blame Chinese protesters.

No matter how many units they produce from now to the end of November, it won't be enough anyway.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Didn't some shit go down near/at a factory that produces components for the Wii U ? Could that explain the low supply of units?

verbum

Good on Nintendo on the pre-launch publicity starting to ramp up. How soon before they talk about it on the "Today" show in the US?
Good for gaming to have 3 new consoles coming out soon. Hopefully the economy can pick up in the next few years.

Michan

For anyone who missed a pre-order, you can still get a Wii U from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature....&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=118939009&pf_rd_i=637394

Refresh this page until "Pre-order this item" displays next to one of the systems.

When it appears, click the button and proceed to check-out. This failed for me on just about every occasion, aside from one, where I managed to get it into my cart and complete the order. It took about 20 - 30 minutes of persistence.

I assume that Amazon has allocated a specific volume of Wii U systems for pre-order, and that the reason the button will occasionally appear is because people are cancelling their orders (setting the total pre-orders 1 unit below the total available stock) after securing an in-person pre-order from Bic/Yodobashi.

Note that on two occasions, the MonHun pack was available to pre-order. The white system seems to be easiest (though still tediously difficult) to catch.

Good luck!

mutsu

It seems that for the last hour they had some more available every now and then. But everytime I could add it to the cart, I wasn't fast enough in going through the whole checkout process. At the last step each time I got bumped back up saying there's no more stock :(

Top Bottom