• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sir Michael Gambon, Who Played Professor Dumbledore In Harry Potter Films, Passes Away At 82

Draugoth

Gold Member
fktd0h-harry-potter-et-le-287717394.jpg
Irish-English actor Sir Michael Gambon has passed away. The veteran actor known for films like 'Fantastic Mr Fox' and the 'Harry Potter' film series died at 82. His family confirmed the same, reported BBC. Gambon had an illustrous career spanning six-decades. The veteran received three Olivier Awards, four BAFTA Awards and has alos been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for sevrices to drama

A statement on behalf of his wife Lady Gambon and son Fergus Gambon, issued by publicist Clair Dobbs, said: "We are devastated to announce the loss of Sir Michael Gambon.

"Beloved husband and father, Michael died peacefully in hospital with his wife Anne and son Fergus at his bedside, following a bout of pneumonia. Michael was 82.

"We ask that you respect our privacy at this painful time and thank you for your messages of support and love."

Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1940, he first qualified as an engineer and toolmaker before discovering acting.

Drake

Damn, that sucks. I'm actually reading through the books for the 1st time. They're pretty good and a quick read. Saw the movies years ago and enjoyed them quite a bit. Obviously Sir Michael was one of the highlights of those films. RIP.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Now all the Dumbledore's are dead...... :(

But like Harris, he was more than Dumbledore.

Well all the ones I liked. I guess Jude Law still lives.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Last edited:

Tams

RIP legend.

Bluffed his way into acting, acting with and studying under legends of the day, and then turning into one himself.

cormack12

Gold Member

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Rest in peace, Sir.

A fantastic actor who really nailed the Dumbledore role in HP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom