• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skipped out on bar tab, am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Really?

Mafia and Forget are two words that don't go together.
throwing his plan in as the last line was my way of suggesting it was a dumb thing to do

That said, some of you are acting like he's gonna drop dead within the next 24 hours if he doesn't get out of town, which is a bit ridiculous.

LCfiner

yeah... I'm thinking this can't be real now given Mifune's completely nonchalant dismissal of paying them back.

it seems so crazy that it's gotta be made up.

I do hope it's real just for the potential greatness of this thread.

AkuMifune

Banned
Hitokage said:
Oh look the "person chooses to avoid fessing up to wrongdoing that only compounds the eventual punishment" plot device. Haven't seen that before!

But more often isn't it the "guy chooses to fess up for wrongdoing when he's in the clear and the situation spirals out of control"...?

Darkman M said:
Do you have any way to send them the money without actually meeting them? If so that's what i would do.

I thought about that, but no. My only option is to go back and pay with a big group of foreigners when they aren't expecting me. Which I'm leaning towards doing now.

Darkman M

OpinionatedCyborg said:
throwing his plan in as the last line was my way of suggesting it was a dumb thing to do

That said, some of you are acting like he's gonna drop dead within the next 24 hours if he doesn't get out of town, which is a bit ridiculous.

People get killed everyday over less then a $10 crack rock, im not saying he's gonna get kill but if he is truly dealing with the mafia + being in a foreign country i wouldn't take it to lightly.

Barrage

Eh knock knock, bang bang
Where the cash at
If u ain't got it leave you bloody like a tampax
Come up swinging at you thugs aflac
Then I fall in the sway back may back
See I'm back for da money like I left dat
See I be runnin on the route where da cash go (where da cash go)
And any nigga interfering with the cash flow so he can get pumped on like Citgo

Shins

Banned
AkuMifune said:
But more often isn't it the "guy chooses to fess up for wrongdoing when he's in the clear and the situation spirals out of control"...?
if you want to ignore your situation, do so. don't try to justify it anymore

it hurts my head

AkuMifune said:
It's a gamble, but remember that if you don't fess up and they do know the consequences will be much worse than if you do fess up and they didn't.

JavaMava

OpinionatedCyborg said:

I think the posts that read a little extreme are more from people frustrated by OP idiocy. The guy doesn't think they'll be able to track him down and is considering taking the hooker out. He's going to get a beating.

Darkman M said:
People get killed everyday over less then a $10 crack rock, im not saying he's gonna get kill but if he is truly dealing with the mafia + being in a foreign country i wouldn't take it to lightly.
I'd be more afraid of some street hoods in a foreign country than the mafia. He won't be let off the hook, but he's in a position where he can at least bargain with the people he's fucked over.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
AkuMifune said:

How in the living fuck you think you're in the clear?

negitoro7

Once again: what ethnicity are you? (how much do you stand out). Also, what are you doing in Taiwan and how long do you plan to live there?

I'm not trying to find out information for the mafia, I swear.

Ryusei

Neo Member
I am willing to still consider that this is a a big joke. Either that or a foreigner knows the "authority" in the area he is in, and foolishly ignores them.

WHICH ONE IS IT!?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
He should pay back. It's the right thing to do. Pay up for what you purchased/did. It would be wrong if you didn't and you know it.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Mr. Spinnington said:
this sounds like a great setup for a movie

It is possible that the guy has been smoking crack in his apartment all weekend and imagined he lived the movie he was watching!

Wow, this is terrible. :O It's like a movie scenario.

Mess with the mafia of all things! After thinking about this for a while, I think the only option is to pay them back. I'm pretty sure you'll get in trouble otherwise, and if you somehow manage to not get in trouble, it would still haunt me and make me totally paranoid for a long time.

Problem is: even if you pay them back, they probably won't be all "Heeey, thanks! Sorry for our persisting and have a nice holiday!". No, theyll probably want double the money now, and maybe injure you in some way. :/

Your situation scares the shit out of me.

Slavik81 said:
I can't claim any experience, but here's what I would do.

Immediately pay them back $250, explaining that you were drunk.
Leave quickly and do not go directly home.
Change your cell number. Just in case.
Purchase some sort of defensive weapon.

Oh, and never, ever talk to that hooker again.
wat happens when the mafia's upper echelon discovers one of their daughters is the hooker and decide to seek revenge?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
OpinionatedCyborg said:
You're probably fine. If they're actually legit mafia, you'll be able to get your way out of it. If they're some small time punks who're putting on a show, you might have some trouble. If you're white, you can probably get out of this fairly easily.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!

I don't know about Taiwan. But in Japan the Mafia makes the police say they are sorry when they interrupt them kicking the shit out of someone.

Bouncing in the clubs here I have seen a lot of shit

I have seen them pistol officers who get to uppity, they call for back up and their people make them bow to the mafia.

gaijin have been killed here no doubt, every year.

Also, there is a lot of Chinese mafia here. The girl is going to get you killed.

Change phone companies and pray they have no way of getting your address...

This.... what

you still think not paying is an option? I would be on the first flight to the US (or wherever, since you said you're a foreigner).

I think people are giving the taiwanese mafia too much credit. "Mafia" most likely isnt even apt. The local gang has connections to the bar.

How the fuck are they going to find you? Would take real columbo shit to track you down, and I doubt that it is worth it to them for $200. Plus, if you are white they have no idea what sort of international connections you might have. They know better than to fuck with foreign dignitaries.

People really have seen too many crime movies to think organized crime, especially in south Asia, is this omnipotent force that you cannot escape.

Fuck these pricks, they are small time bitches. Tell them Suburban Cowboy said that (if by some miracle they actually find you, which they wont)

Ryusei

Neo Member
Suburban Cowboy said:
I think people are giving the taiwanese mafia too much credit. "Mafia" most likely isnt even apt. The local gang has connections to the bar.

How the fuck are they going to find you? Would take real columbo shit to track you down, and I doubt that it is worth it to them for $200. Plus, if you are white they have no idea what sort of international connections you might have. They know better than to fuck with foreign dignitaries.

Fuck these pricks, they are small time bitches. Tell them Suburban Cowboy said that (if by some miracle they actually find you, which they wont)

35i0itk.gif

lsslave

Jew Gamer
The secret to not being murdered in life

DON'T FUCK WITH PEOPLE, bad people, good people, you don't know who they are until they shoot you, just don't fuck with anyone and you will live.

You sir (OP) chose the opposite of this.

ONCE I walked out on a tab, it wasn't even mine, we all went up to pay for our tabs and one of the other guys drinks was in mine, I had them fix it cause I wasn't paying for his drinks. He ditched his tab, I dragged his ass back and made him apologize.

And that was just to a common bar owner.

If you go back today chances of not being murdered are a bit higher, oh and your 'OMG HOOKER LURVES ME' shows your either making this shit up or else an idiot because her boss told her to bring you to him and if you are too stupid to realize that you deserve for the sake of Darwin to die!

For the rest of us on here, what's the proper wait time etiquette once he's stopped posting when we can start speculating if AkuMifune has been whacked?

the thread's all:

this is some serious shit, man! you need to bail NOW and disappear :0

the op's all like:

i fly like paper
get hi like plains
if u catch me at the boarder i got visas in ma name
if u cumma round here i makem all day
i get one dun in a second if u wate

AkuMifune

Banned
Osaka said:
How in the living fuck you think you're in the clear?

Because they'll never find me? It was an hour from where I live, I stayed out all night and took multiple taxis around the city after. I wouldn't even be paranoid now if that chick didn't have my number. And then even if she gave it to them and they could find my address, it's my old address, which was fake. (I filled out the address wrong when I got the phone).

How am I not in the clear?

soultron

Banned
The hooker is going to have sex with you, and then beat the shit out of you and take all of your money. GTA in reverse, bitch.

Blackace said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!

I don't know about Taiwan. But in Japan the Mafia makes the police say they are sorry when they interrupt them kicking the shit out of someone.

Bouncing in the clubs here I have seen a lot of shit

I have seen them pistol officers who get to uppity, they call for back up and their people make them bow to the mafia.

gaijin have been killed here no doubt, every year.

Also, there is a lot of Chinese mafia here. The girl is going to get you killed.

Change phone companies and pray they have no way of getting your address...
Hey, whatever.

You can listen to this so-called "bouncer" or you can take the advice of an ex-Filipino mobster (me). Your life.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
AkuMifune said:
Because they'll never find me? It was an hour from where I live, I stayed out all night and took multiple taxis around the city after. I wouldn't even be paranoid now if that chick didn't have my number. And then even if she gave it to them and they could find my address, it's my old address, which was fake. (I filled out the address wrong when I got the phone).

How am I not in the clear?

Famous last words?

Seriously though dude, DO NOT go back there, even if it is to pay them back. Chances are they have forgotten about you. Showing up on their doorstep is asking for an ass beating. You think these bitches will admire that you did the "right thing" by paying them their money? If anything they will want to set an example, but are currently to lazy/ignorant to track you down on their own

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, that's a terrible position to be in. I'd say stay the fuck away from the hooker though, no matter what.

Even if paying seems like the good thing to do, it's probably best to just ignore it and hope they can't track you down.

Blackace

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Hey, whatever.

You can listen to this so-called "bouncer" or you can take the advice of an ex-Filipino mobster (me). Your life.
:lol :lol :lol

It is his life, and good chance he'll be wasting it by listening to you. Japanese Yaks aren't afraid of killing a white dude. or black a dude or an ex-filipino gangster in their country that they pretty much run. I am assuming Taiwanese run the same way.

Blackace said:
:lol :lol :lol

It is his life, and good chance he'll be wasting it by listening to you. Japanese Yaks aren't afraid of killing a white dude. or black a dude or an ex-filipino gangster in their country that they pretty much run. I am assuming Taiwanese run the same way.
Yakuza is a nation wide syndicate. In this case the mafia connection is just a rumor (one that can be applied to practically any seedy business in any nation). Even if the ownership does have criminal connections, in all likely hood it isn't anything near as wide scale as a mafia.

At most it is a local gang that runs the joint, but more likely than not there is no connection to anyone.

soultron

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
Yakuza is a nation wide syndicate. In this case the mafia connection is just a rumor (one that can be applied to practically any seedy business in any nation). Even if the ownership does have criminal connections, in all likely hood it isn't anything near as wide scale as a mafia.

At most it is a local gang that runs the joint, but more likely than not there is no connection to anyone.
He said he was only an hour away. The entire gang is on public transportation right now, looking for him. Bangers gotta eat too, son.

Blackace

Suburban Cowboy said:

Yakuza is no more nation wide than the Mafia was/is in the states. There are families and it works it way up the ladder. And if connected most likely connected here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom