• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Azure J

Wow, I can't believe that so many of my likes were in top 10. Annie, Feng, Issac, Black Dahlia, even Venus. Even more amazing is some of the stuff in Vote 1. Eliza friggin' destroyed people on her way to the top. How did I ever think she wasn't going to happen without salty votes?

At the same time, I'm just a little sad seeing that Annie was the de-facto number 2 in that round. Her dropping to #3 behind Minette in Round 2 though? Guess I'm happy with the Beowulf end after all. (No offense Minette folks, but that character really isn't above a large majority of characters on the benches currently imo.)

#TeamBloodyStars forever though. Can not wait for the two to be in the game so I can work that synergy out and get my loli Dante on with the Egyptian Queen.

Ken

hey guys come play skullgirls on consoles it's only like something space munneys and it's already out and has like 8 poll winners

too bad Annie and Minette fans couldn't decide on one

Eliza was a fucking monster though. God damn! She was my second pick until the last round where she became my number one. Seemed like a majority of people must have had her in their top 10 somewhere. Lots of people should be happy

hey guys come play skullgirls on consoles it's only like something space munneys and it's already out and has like 8 poll winners

I spent $50 on the PC version, I ain't paying £11 for Konami to sit on. Besides, can't play the game on the PS4 or the XbOne, innit.

Azure J

They are destined(at least Annie) to be made if LabZero doesn't die in the near future.

That's the spirit. Always look forward, never behind.

tumblr_mn59d5TjR51ryodd1o1_500.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, I was right. The plurality of Eliza voters got to double dip while the larger Annie/Minette base got nothing in both rounds.

This is how you game two round voting.

Heh, I was right. The plurality of Eliza voters got to double dip while the larger Annie/Minette base got nothing in both rounds.

You're acting like Minette and Annie are the same character. It means nothing what Annie and Minette's totals added together are, there are two separate characters. You can't blame other characters for them splitting the vote.

yeah, Eliza voters basically got their 2 characters in, it should have been one time voting with 2 winners.
Nope, definitely should not of been. Each DLC character deserved it's own vote.

Beckx

You complain, but I personally think our system of identifying fellow Eliza voters and secretly trading 10,000 emails to plan how we'd do it brilliant.

TheOGB

Banned
You complain, but I personally think our system of identifying fellow Eliza voters and secretly trading 10,000 emails to plan how we'd do it brilliant.
Wait, we were doing emails?

I spent all that time setting up smoke signals for nothing?!

AAK

Wow, Beowulf was that far ahead?

The system was definitely played. People must have conglomerated to Beowulf thinking he was the only male that had a chance.

AAK

Yup oh well, people can have their boring captain america elfurte knockoff. :p

I was all for Panzerfaust.

But still, I can't WAIT to see the sprite work they do on the other 12 characters for the hurt grab animations. It must be really hard for the animators doing all of Beowulf's animations and then having to do separate animations of all the other characters for every grapple unleashed on them.

NEO0MJ

She is the fifth most popular female and the token chinese girl. Of course they'll love her. As for Aeon fans... someone on Skullheart said it best. Jojos fans are a timid lot.

Being #14 doesn't doom anyone either. It means he is still more popular than half the cast lol.

I'm just basing this off how I imagine things will progress if L0 ever solve their current financial problems.
The way development will probably go is that after they finish Robo-Fortune and the team are free to work on who they please, they'll focus on Umbrella, B.Dahlia, and Marie for story purposes as the next DLC.

I'm seeing a sequel after that, with at most 8 new characters. The polls will probably influence the choices, but not all of them. Annie and Minette will make it, after all they ranked 2nd & 3rd in both votes.I think they will skip the goddesses being playable, but Aeon might make it because of how popular she is, though they'll probably stick to their original vision of Venus with her being the super broken final boss of the game and not be playable. At least one male characters will be among the new roster in my opinion, so either Panzerfaust, Stanley or Isaac. Feng might make it but they might leave the final characters for Alex and Mike to decide on, though even if it wasn't influenced by the polls I think she has a good chance of making it because of all the thought and work put into both her story and attacks.

But that's why I said I imagine Feng being pretty far away,and Brain Drain even more so.

Hey, you could have pushed for Isaac or Panzerfaust to be the male character but instead you left the fanbase to rally around Beowulf.

Mista Koo

Kinda surprised that Eliza was the top from the beginning. Kinda.

Minette, Annie and Feng in a sequel would make Japanese Skullgirls fans wig out something fierce.
I don't see them making it in, with Umbrella B. Dahlia and Marie there are only like.. 2 spots remaining?
But Annie could be the first DLC character in SG2.

I pushed for Andy, Adam and Stanley before him. Too bad none of them made it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Am I the only one who'd like to see "Top Character votes by region", or something of that sort, now?

Even if it was just the number 1 character, it'd still be interesting to see what character various parts of the world voted most for.

Nyoro SF

Am I the only one who'd like to see "Top Character votes by region", or something of that sort, now?

Even if it was just the number 1 character, it'd still be interesting to see what character various parts of the world voted most for.

Yes, more information like that would be cool.

sandman64

Neo Member

I think Ravid said something to the effect of "I don't think they give out that detailed information for the amount we are paying." when asked earlier.

Ravidrath

Hey Ravidrath, why haven't you guys added any Skullgirls items to Dota 2 or get at least an announcer pack out there?

DotA2 items are a lot harder to get approved for art style reasons, and it's hard to find anything of ours that fits.

We're looking into announcer packs, though.

Raxus

DotA2 items are a lot harder to get approved for art style reasons, and it's hard to find anything of ours that fits.

We're looking into announcer packs, though.

Beowulf MEGA KILL would be grand.

Nice to see Stanley rank so high consistently. I would say Annie, Minette, Isaac, and Stanley are shoe ins for the sequel :D.

Umbrella stay losing.

Top Bottom