• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. DLC Thread 2: Super Smash Bros Special Broadcast Coming in December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I'm buying whatever

And since I'll have a nice new TV, I'll be able to play Smash Wii U now

Hoping for a few more characters/stages

Impa, Dixie, Wonder Red and Ridley for Nintendo characters please.

Batman + Goku + Marcus Fenix

The trinity of butt hurt lets go

I have legit been thinking of Batman being a Western trans media representative and Goku being a Eastern one.

There have been a ton of games from both on Nintendo platforms since the original Nintendo.

Wii U alone has Lego Batman 2 + 3, Injustice, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate and Lego Dimensions.

walt-disney-world-disneys-animal-kingdom-2013-primevel-whirl-5.jpg

Hylian7

Yeah I have a feeling as well that this will be the last smash direct until Smash 5 is released. They can't keep adding onto the game forever. Better to have this direct and just announce everything coming to it.

Honestly I would be okay with seeing Smash 5 later in the NX's lifecycle. Smash 4 has been damn good, tons of good DLC content. Gameplay and online play are great, and not the tripfest and lagfest that was Brawl's online. I really hope NX has backward compatibility, I have a feeling Smash 4 will last a long time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
From memory, there were a bunch of OTs for the games, for the first DLC, for the second one, and whatnot. Just sayan (what? 9000?).

First DLC speculation thread already hit it's limit hence we having a new thread here.

Smash Bros OT is strictly for people who plays the games. (For now since some people doesn't like to speculating in that threads for some reasons )

Sesha

I'm guessing two-three characters: Wolf and one or two of these: Snake, Banjo, Simon Belmont, Impa, Inkling (m/f), Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Shovel Knight. No assist trophies will be upgraded to full characters.

If Miku, Goku, Sora or fucking James Bond is announced then shame on me for trying to predict Sakurai's madness.

Jawmuncher

Honestly I would be okay with seeing Smash 5 later in the NX's lifecycle. Smash 4 has been damn good, tons of good DLC content. Gameplay and online play are great, and not the tripfest and lagfest that was Brawl's online. I really hope NX has backward compatibility, I have a feeling Smash 4 will last a long time.

Yeah I see them keeping Smash around through BC or a NX port. To hold people over until Smash 5 is announced/released. Since I see them doing what they did from brawl to Smash 4. Which is basically porting the prior game over and going from there.

Will ridely be too big in the big apple?
I always thought a theater-themed stage either representing Paper Mario or the Runaway Five Concert from Earthbound would be cool. Nothing too elaborate hazard-wise, but you'd have an on-going show behind you as you fought.

Shovel Knight and Snake (big boss, venom, solid, liquid, etc.)

Then give me the goddamn Ice Climbers. It's time Sakurai, unleash the fury.

PtM

Banned
First DLC speculation thread already hit it's limit hence we having a new thread here.

Smash Bros OT is strictly for people who plays the games.
Must have missed that. I'm good.
Yeah I see them keeping Smash around through BC or a NX port. To hold people over until Smash 5 is announced/released. Since I see them doing what they did from brawl to Smash 4. Which is basically porting the prior game over and going from there.
Whaaaa?

I can imagine it now: The direct starts, that familar "swish" fire noise is heard, followed by four words.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Chronoman

Banned
Every single third party character has been

1) From a Japanese third party
2) Super Iconic/most popular and recognizable character from that companies stable.

We have 6 examples through brawl and it has really never been broken.

So those worrying about Goku or Shantae or godforbid shovel knight, relax.

However I think we get our first brand new Nintendo character dlc during this event. Inklings is VERY likely.

-Horizon-

Every single third party character has been

1) From a Japanese third party
2) Super Iconic/most popular and recognizable character from that companies stable.

We have 6 examples through brawl and it has really never been broken.

So those worrying about Goku or Shantae or godforbid shovel knight, relax.

However I think we get our first brand new Nintendo character dlc during this event. Inklings is VERY likely.

...so Miku :3

Sesha

Predicting Sakurai characters is quite easy actually. The third party characters all follow the same pattern to the T.

Well, the existing third parties are all obvious in retrospect. They're the most popular or iconic (Cloud, Pac Man, Ryu, Sonic) and/or the most requested (Mega Man) characters of their respective companies. Snake feels like a given in that he's a veteran and we don't have a Konami rep yet. But predicting companies that hadn't been previously featured, or completely left-field characters like, say, James Bond, is a bit different.

Seeing Cloud and Ryu honestly really reminded about how much I'd love to see Bayonetta in the game.

Granted they'd have to tone her down but Snake managed to work just fine. I really think she'd be a fantastic addition to the roster.

Wonder Red and Viewtiful Joe would be amazing too, though.

And my most wanted characters of all time... these badass motherfuckers.

I need my distinctly 90's design Rare character package gosh darn it
Dixie, K.Rool, Banjo lets gooooooo!

Post this in every Smash ballot thread.....I still want K. Rool *and* Dixie.....now!

I'm going to be disappointed.
WE MUST BELIEVE!

Even if after having a roster this large continually manages to skirt around both bringing a stream of continuous disappointment.

The trend seems to be major software companies that work with Nintendo to get a character. I know people will say "But Cloud!", but Bravely Default 1 and 2 are Nintendo exclusives. As such, I think we'll see an Atlus DLC character (hopefully some kind of demon), and of course there are the Shovel Knight and Layton rumors. What other major companies work with Nintendo frequently enough that they might get a character?

Acerac

Banned
Can we turn off stage hazards yet? That would be the real megaton.

I'd drop 20 bucks for that feature.

Zomba13

If I was a betting man I'd put money on Snake coming back with a "Kept you waiting huh?" mention in a trailer (not a full animated/CG trailer, one like Cloud got). But it'll be his Japanese voice only because they won't get Kiefer back and I'm guessing the Konami/Hayter bridge has been burnt to cinders.

If I still had hopes and dreams then I'd want Wonder Red to Unite Up. They already have the models in trophy form, just rig them up, animate them, grab voice clips from W101 and make me super duper happy. I'd be fine if the Wonderful ones were just in the Final Smash and not part of the moveset.

Ooooh also this. And let them be used in For Glory. I prefer For Glory for random matches as it's 1 on 1 with no items but it gets boring only fighting on one stage.

cant believe people still havent realized kyle hyde is the next dlc character, and also cing is being resurrected by nintendo

i mean its so obvious

Jawmuncher

Non character wants are as you said no stage hazards, and a level maker at least on par with brawl. The current one is absolutely trash.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on Snake coming back with a "Kept you waiting huh?" mention in a trailer (not a full animated/CG trailer, one like Cloud got). But it'll be his Japanese voice only because they won't get Kiefer back and I'm guessing the Konami/Hayter bridge has been burnt to cinders.

If I still had hopes and dreams then I'd want Wonder Red to Unite Up. They already have the models in trophy form, just rig them up, animate them, grab voice clips from W101 and make me super duper happy. I'd be fine if the Wonderful ones were just in the Final Smash and not part of the moveset.

Yeah if snake were to come back "Kept you waiting huh?" is too perfect not to use.

Clov

The trend seems to be major software companies that work with Nintendo to get a character. I know people will say "But Cloud!", but Bravely Default 1 and 2 are Nintendo exclusives. As such, I think we'll see an Atlus DLC character (hopefully some kind of demon), and of course there are the Shovel Knight and Layton rumors. What other major companies work with Nintendo frequently enough that they might get a character?

Tecmo-Koei comes to mind. Platinum's been working on lots of stuff with them lately too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom