• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Brothers 3DS will support the C-stick on New 3DS but NOT the Circle Pad Pro

Teknoman

Have you? try doing perfectly retreating fairs without c stick. dont forget to fast fall. i wish you luck.

E: just tried it as marth in melee. its not really impossible but doing it as well as with c stick... i had success rate of something like 10% as opposed to 100%.

That sounds like saying playing with a game pad puts you at a disadvantage vs a stick when playing Street Fighter. Its about play style, and i'm pretty sure you could beat up your friends, GAF members, and randoms online with the controls provided minus stick.

Anth0ny

I see a lot of people complaining... How many actually have the accessory? I have Never seen one in the wild. Not even at any Cons where I will see groups of dozens of gamers sitting in a circles playing their 3DS. Never!

I guess if I had one and really liked it AND had no interest in the new 3DS I might see it as a big deal.

*raises hand*

by the time new 3ds drops in North America, Smash 3DS will be irrelevant (thanks to Smash U). It would have been nice to play with a second circle pad during those months where it mattered.

Teknoman

*raises hand*

by the time new 3ds drops in North America, Smash 3DS will be irrelevant (thanks to Smash U). It would have been nice to play with a second circle pad during those months where it mattered.

Will it really though? I know the WiiU install base will grow significantly (hopefully) once Smash WiiU hits, but the 3DS already has a huge install base...so i'm sure it'll still matter somewhat. Unless you just mean to you specifically, then thats different.

I guess you could use it for practice on the run?

Anteo

Isn't the C stick completely different than the CCP ?

I play like a pro without the c stick on brawl and melee, so this news doesn't bug me at all.

By like a pro you mean good around your friends, or you actually go to tournaments.
It's highly recommended to use the c stick for aereal attacks as it wont change your momentum unlike using the stick.

In any case, casual players wont care about this. And serious players have no reason to invest on the 3ds game anymore. It's just puzzling how they decided to give support to the c stick and not the ccp, maybe the input delay was too much?

ZeroX03

Banned
I see a lot of people complaining... How many actually have the accessory? I have Never seen one in the wild. Not even at any Cons where I will see groups of dozens of gamers sitting in a circles playing their 3DS. Never!

I guess if I had one and really liked it AND had no interest in the new 3DS I might see it as a big deal.

It was discontinued here after less than a year, I was actually trying to find one for MH3U and all the major retailers said that it had been pulled from their systems. Ended having to import one. It's pretty much a Nintendo store exclusive now right (which we can't use here)? Even though Nintendo never really pushed it with their own games.

Dremark

Banned
If they don't want to look like a bunch of pricks for putting out a replacement for the 3DS already they aren't doing a very good job of it.

Somnid

Does the Amibo stand need to be connected during gameplay?

Something like that. They made is sound like the Wii U can just drop Amiibo characters in whenever. I don't know that 3DS works the same way given you need to have line-of-sight with the platform. Probably not super intuitive.

Top Bottom