• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
68904_10151326757253883_981204305_n.jpg

^ lol.

Purchased these for myself yesterday at the Galleria Champs hella people were there for the All Star Weekend saw DJ Drama and Lil Scrappy.
Air_Jordan_5_Retro_2013_Fire_Red_S_1__36701.1349075303.1280.1280.jpg

Also got these for my lil brother at House of Hoops
nike-kd-v-all-star-liquid-lime-total-crimson-sport-turquoise.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've been sleeping since I got screwed over on my try this morning. Last hope is deadstock later today.

Shoe companies need to take a page from the video game industry and find a way to ban reselling before I stop wearing sneakers altogether. This is some BS.

My hype has gotten the better of me in the last two weeks:

Lebron X Home
Foamposite Fighter Jet
Kobe 8 Python
2X BHM AJ 1
AJ 13 Squadron Blue

Lebron X Allstar
2X KDV Allstar
2X Kobe 8 Allstar
AJ1 Joker
2X AJ3 Joker

Plus a crap ton of New Balances. I need an intervention or séance and a raise from my job. Thank god things are going to slow down in the next few weeks (after thew Corks).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm glad I got the XX8s. I'm a fan of the legacy/brand and seeing each new iteration is great for me. Yeah I love the old ones (pre 20, for sure)... but this is the only AJ main release that hasn't made me go :X since the XXs.

Looking forward to receiving my pair.

hwalker84

I want to see the XX8's in person but I don't think any stores in Pittsburgh got them in. Close to just pulling the trigger anyway.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
What do you guys think?

misterj just busted out his way of wearing em' on NT. So would you full zip? zip down? or fold inward?

I'm digging the inward fold now!

Pics...

900x900px-LL-0d50026c_Screenshot2012-12-03at104635PM.png

LL

900x900px-LL-72c3591d_PicsArt_1361055191865.jpeg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My top 5 AJ.

XI
IV
III
I
XX

And honorable mention to XIII, X, and V.

Also, I'm wondering. As we know, JB sometimes releases a low top version of shoes. Have you ever liked these versions? Moreso than the mid/main release?

I love the XI lows, the mesh holes on top make it super comfortable/breathable for your foot. Also a big fan of the II lows. VII lows were great too. Only one I saw that I thought was WTF was the original XX low, lol. Pic:

050604_xxlow.jpg

Top 5:
IX -- White/Black/True Red -- Charcoal
IV -- Black Cement -- White Cement
XI -- Concord -- Playoffs
III -- Black Cement -- White Cement
VI -- Infrared -- DMP

I preferred the SE version of the XIX, without the netting thing.

My top 5 AJ.

XI
IV
III
I
XX

And honorable mention to XIII, X, and V.

Also, I'm wondering. As we know, JB sometimes releases a low top version of shoes. Have you ever liked these versions? Moreso than the mid/main release?

I love the XI lows, the mesh holes on top make it super comfortable/breathable for your foot. Also a big fan of the II lows. VII lows were great too. Only one I saw that I thought was WTF was the original XX low, lol. Pic:

050604_xxlow.jpg

I was always on the fence about the XI lows. Wanted em, could have got em plenty of times but decided not to for some reason. The XX lows look like some flea market/knock-off kicks.

My top 5 Jordans would have to be: I, VI, VII, XI, and XII. Still can't believe MJ turns 50 tomorrow...makes me feel kinda old.

My top 5 AJ.

XI
IV
III
I
XX]
My top 5 is:

3 - Flip, WC, True Blue, BC, Money, Fire Red, BHM
4 - Bred, WC, Cavs/Knicks, Thunde, Lightning, Fire Red, Anniversary
1 - Chicago, Knicks, Royal/Black, Banned, Black Toe, etc
XI - Bred, Concord, Columbia, CG, SJ
X - Chicago, Steel, Royal, Stealth

And the Low XIs they released last year were okay, perfect for summer. The ones dropping this year are a little more colorful with contrast.

I hate kicks deal, it's like a beacon for resellers.

And shout out to anyone who posts on NT. My screen name is the same (like it is everywhere).

Shoe companies need to take a page from the video game industry and find a way to ban reselling before I stop wearing sneakers altogether. This is some BS.

It's a weird market. Nike and others have definitely cornered the market on hype and limited releases. I feel bad for sneaker shops. I was talking to the manager of the Foot Action I go to in Broward and he's like I sit around all week except for these big releases. That's terrible. All anyone wants is the Jordan's and the hyped shoes. And I know runners are mostly buying online or specialty shoes. Nobody is buying hiking shoes there. And 75 % of the Jordan Brand is garbage except for the retros.

The XX8 had some weird hype around it and were definitely limited versus the 2012, which you can find at Nike Outlets.

From what I saw, I like the Bamboo, Chicago, Knicks and Elephant XX8, but them joints are hella expensive.

And next week:

Lebron X Volts
Lebron X Corls (Hype Alert Defcon 12 Orange Alert)
Air Jordan 3 Crimson
Kobe 8 Blue Lights
KDV Texas

I WANT the Corks, but it's going to be hard. The Kobe's are mad comfortable and the surprise of Nikes Basketball Superstar line. 3s are great and I like the Crimsons.

Nike5-Gato-Leather-IC-Mens-Soccer-Shoe-415123_443_A.jpg

Bought these for $12 after using a giftcard my gf won for me from some website she's always fiddling around with at work. I had a different pair of Gato's a couple of years ago and they were some of the most comfortable shoes I ever owned until the dog decided they were chewtoys.

LJ11

All black full zip looks pretty good.

I think an underrated J is the XVI, the shrouds are shit but a few of the color ways are nice when you remove it. They're also really comfortable and good to ball in.

LJ11

Cherrywood XVI are indeed nice.

I love the black/reds, bought two pairs but trashed my second/last pair this past year. :(

Have the blue/white and cherrywood's deadstock, along with the red/white lows. Trashed the all black low which was a nice sneaker.

Maybe it's just me but the XVI was the last main line release I really liked.

Top Bottom