• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Nike is putting NFC chips in their NBA jerseys. They will unlock exclusive stuff which includes colour ways and early access to sneakers. Hopefully this will mean more PE colour ways becoming available.

acohrs

Nike is putting NFC chips in their NBA jerseys. They will unlock exclusive stuff which includes colour ways and early access to sneakers. Hopefully this will mean more PE colour ways becoming available.

"Buy our product to be able to buy more products from us" u wot m8?

Zekes!

Someone had asked me to post my impressions of Aimé Leon Dore's Q76 chelsea sneakerboot a while ago. I finally got around to wearing them yesterday and my quick thoughts are that they are actually really comfortable. I'm a size 7, but wear 7.5 in Nike and Adidas and the 7 in these fits perfect, with enough room in them to give you space without being too big. I'll have to compare them, but they feel lighter than my pair of AF1 lows. On foot they look incredible too. I don't think I have any complaints about them at all. They're comfy and look fly as fuck.

aime-leon-dore-chelsea-sneaker-boot-q76-sand.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Those orange ones look like some video game shit. Nike just release some more SF AF1's in good colours, fuck the mids, and the stupid shit. Infact just release more of the Olive ones.

shira

I think it's marketing department hoping people will buy those Nike jerseys instead of Chinese replicas

I mean it's $1-2 worth of fabric being sold for $100

shira

https://news.nike.com/news/what-is-nike-flyleather

HOW ITS MADE

During a typical leather manufacturing process, up to 30 percent of a cow’s hide is discarded and often ends up in a landfill. To reduce this waste, Nike gathers the discarded leather scrap from the floor of tanneries and turns them into fibers. Then, those recycled leather fibers are combined with synthetic fibers and a fabric infrastructure via a hydro process with a force that’s so strong it fuses everything into one material. The material then goes through a finishing process, which can include things like pigmentation, and is completed by being put on a roll to be cut.

Can't wait for vaporwool and ultraknit

Looks like adidas Canada is dropping the mid Ultra Boosts (Black, Maroon, and Gray) this friday.

Wondering if it'll be worth the trip to go to the Performance store in Toronto to take a look at them.

Prez

I need some advice. I have wide feet so I'm looking for extra wide sneakers but there seem to be very few options. Shoe size is 16. Any suggestions?

Price preferably under €100.

shira

I need some advice. I have wide feet so I'm looking for extra wide sneakers but there seem to be very few options. Shoe size is 16. Any suggestions?

New Balance famously makes runners that come in extra wide sizes if you want that look

Basketball shoes tend to be the only ones that long and widely avaibe in extra wide

Yeezys are one of the best regular wide foot shoes Ive seen that are mass market non basketball, they go to 16 but they are expensive af.

Checkout some outlet malls in your area if you have any. They tend to stock wide and big sizes for cheap. Elsewise [ugh] ebay or custom shoe makers.

Oxn

NMDs are pretty wide IMO.

Also Under Armour make wide sizes.

Prez

New Balance famously makes runners that come in extra wide sizes if you want that look

Basketball shoes tend to be the only ones that long and widely avaibe in extra wide

Yeezys are one of the best regular wide foot shoes Ive seen that are mass market non basketball, they go to 16 but they are expensive af.

Checkout some outlet malls in your area if you have any. They tend to stock wide and big sizes for cheap. Elsewise [ugh] ebay or custom shoe makers.

NMDs are pretty wide IMO.

Also Under Armour make wide sizes.

Thanks; NMDs are only medium width, right? I do have a pair of Adidas Cloudfoams that are wide but I can't even find the width size. Adidas offers zero information on shoe width.

I'm not a fan of the New Balance look and basketball shoes unfortunately. I'll check out Under Armour.

I have wide feet as well. Ultra boosts were too tight (1.0) but I've heard 3.0's are more accommodating for wider feet?

Nah. Wide feet here and I really disliked the 3.0s' fit. The PK NMDs work great though. (R1 and XR1).

(I usually wear 4E in NBs for my running/squash shoes.)

Reckoner

My cool grey Nikelab Vapormax pair arrived today. Tried them on and the flyknit is the best Nike has ever produced. It actually feels a bit stretchy, while the usual flyknit you get on the trainers, racers, af1, etc. is sturdy. The sole feels bouncy and is comfortable enough. You can definitely feel the air compartments, but I feel like that's something you get used to.

I'm returning them, though, because the colorway is very similar to my shock mint UBs and because it didn't impress me as much as I expected. Will be saving the money for the black/white Flyknit Trainers instead.

Prez

Nah. Wide feet here and I really disliked the 3.0s' fit. The PK NMDs work great though. (R1 and XR1).

(I usually wear 4E in NBs for my running/squash shoes.)

My Adidas Lite Racers feel comfortable as well. These are much more expensive though. Do they last longer? Otherwise I can't really justify the price difference.

I kinda lost hype on all the recent Nike Zoom Fly and Vaportfly 4% releases since a recent hip injury is preventing me from running (and had to defer entry to the Chicago Marathon which is in a couple of weeks).

acohrs

not a fan of the vaporfly or 4%.

Anybody going for the dame dash ebay auction? Saw the converse weapons and wanted to bid, but only US10. boo...

Wow, I knew there was hype for Ultra Boosts, but once I wore the ATRs, I immediately felt the comfort and responsiveness.

Probably my favourite adidas pair since the old ZX55s.

Now you're hooked on boost and will need to buy more.

To be honest, I'm actually considering that. Nike doesn't really have much for comfort beyond the Flyknit upper, and their midsoles leave a lot to be desired (even before I tried Boost). My favourite from them is the Free Train Force Flyknit and the ATRs are basically that on steroids.

I especially love that adidas fixed the problem that Nike seems to have with mid-cut shoes, which is that the plastic heel cup seems to dig onto the heel in Nike models vs. heavy padding + lockdown of the heel in ATRs.

Top Bottom