• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, About That New Alice In Chains Album Being Released On August 24th...

I'm loving it so far! The two songs they've released from Rainier Fog have a real Dirt/Tripod feel to them, which is always a good thing, and the sludge metal influence is even more prominent, which is also always a good thing. So Far Under also features William DuVall vocals more prominently, and the song is written by him. I really hope they give him more true lead vocals on this album. He'll never replace Layne Staley, but he's a great singer in his own right. I have a feeling this will be the best post-Staley era AIC album yet.

Papa

Banned
One of my favourite bands of all time who created one of my favourite songs of all time (Would?). Had no idea there was a new album coming soon, so thanks for posting. Haven't been a huge fan of the Duvall era stuff but there have been a few decent songs like Private Hell. Definitely keen to give the new album a spin though.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Man, this sounds awesome. I’ve been out of the Alice in Chains loop for a while, but they haven’t lost any of that sound.

Thanks for putting this on my radar.

KOMANI

KOMANI
They dont need duvall if degradation trip proved anything. Wished they could get mark lanagen instead. Wish them the best.

Dark Star

RIP layne

i'm still excited for Jerry and the rest of the band have to show the world though, such amazing and talented musicians.

Top Bottom