• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I need a laptop...ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
I'm headed out to San Francisco this summer for an internship, and I'll need a laptop that can handle some gaming, but I'm not so sure I want to spend $2,000 to make that happen. Is that possible? I'm actually planning on selling the freaking thing at the end of the summer, and try to make back most of the cost; I only need the laptop because bringing my comptuer to the west coast would be more trouble than it'd be really worth.

Thoughts? Dell seems to have some decently priced gaming-made laptops, but I can't say I have much expertise in the area...

I'm after something like this myself...

though for me - performance isn't that big of an issue. If it can play current games, great, but I'm not too fussed. Basically, I'd like to wirelessly network to the machine I'm using right now, and have lots of storage space for the thing.

I'll probably be buying on finance so as long as the price represents a good deal, it doesn't necessarily matter what the price is. I'm torn between a good laptop and another desktop though :s

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
I game on my Dell Inspiron 8600, pretty nice laptop. Would definitely go with Dell again when I upgrade.

You should probably look at the Inspiron 9300 or XPS2 though.

Norn

I also own a Inspiron 8600 (I'm on it right now). Its worked out really great for me. I've always been inpressed by Dell engineering. I have the Radeon 9600 Mobility in it, with a memory upgrade and I haven't had problems running anything. Half-life 2 looks amazing on this screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom