• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...is Sony ever going to fix the share feature?

That isn't the logic at least for me. We can complain all we want but the system is selling and the competition is in the rear view window so they don't have much incentive to get better.

It's harder to remain the best than it is to become the best selling console so of course there is an incentive for sony to fix their heavily advertised yet broken features

I've posted this before but, while there may be other things at play, this bug is also very game specific.

I was playing a lot of MLB and Watch_Dogs in May/June, and MLB would ALWAYS record the proper clip when I hit share. Watch_Dogs would work 50% of the time, the other half the time it wouldn't even have the option to save a clip. Just "Hit triangle to save screenshot" No option for hitting square for video, and I even tried pressing square anyway and nothing. Exiting the share menu and bringing it back up fixed this but of course it only started recording from the last time I accessed share so the clip was like 2 seconds long. MLB did NOT have this issue for me at all and I was switching between both games frequently.

So as someone mentioned before there may be something on the system level where it works right after an update and eventually breaks again, but the game being played is definitely a factor.

Pimpwerx

Fixing the share button might be a lower priority to them then fixing the battery indicator position was on the PS3. How many years did that simple thing take to fix again? LOL. I'm glad I haven't had to share stuffs because I'd be pissed too. PEACE.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Indeed. Which is why people are saying that it's broken.

Because in theory it's supposed to always be recording:

Yup, if they left this out, there wouldn't be any problem.

Also, this should, in theory, be hilariously simple to fix. Once the PS4 is done booting, call the exact same function that gets executed when the user double-taps the share button. Done and done.

However, if it were really that simple, it'd be done already, right?

Right?

Did Sony change how the PS4 records? For me it used to auto record most of the time (the last 15 mins) it was a bit sporadic, but now it does not instead I have to click twice on the share button to start the recording then play the game and do what I indeed/wanted to do and hope I do it and that it looks good.

Also what is up with Facebook half the time I upload videos there it does not work, I have to try another day usually.

Yesterday I played TowerFall Ascension with a buddy. After finally completing Ascension on Hardcore, I hit share so I could save the video. I couldn't figure out how to make it work. It was the first time I ever tried to save footage. I don't remember seeing the prompt 'hit square to save'. So unfortunately I lost the footage.

I was under the impression that the PS4 was ALWAYS keeping the last 15 minutes of gameplay. Then at any given moment you could hit share and save that. As far as I can tell, that is not the case and is the main concern of this thread. I hope they get this fixed.

Mikey Jr.

Yes, share is currently fucked.

Honestly, I'm waiting till it gets fixed and they add in youtube share support (which they said at E3 they are)

Yesterday I played TowerFall Ascension with a buddy. After finally completing Ascension on Hardcore, I hit share so I could save the video. I couldn't figure out how to make it work. It was the first time I ever tried to save footage. I don't remember seeing the prompt 'hit square to save'. So unfortunately I lost the footage.

I was under the impression that the PS4 was ALWAYS keeping the last 15 minutes of gameplay. Then at any given moment you could hit share and save that. As far as I can tell, that is not the case and is the main concern of this thread. I hope they get this fixed.

Yes, share is currently fucked.

Honestly, I'm waiting till it gets fixed and they add in youtube share support (which they said at E3 they are)

Have you guys installed 1.75 yet? Everyone is saying it fixed the video capture bug for them.

Top Bottom