• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Metal Gear's "Quiet" figurine features squishable boobs.

• Thread starter Deleted member 10571
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Stefani Joosten feels seeing her boss tweeting pics of himself squeezing the boobs on a figure that's modeled after her.

Realistically I don't think she'd mind and probably laugh... on the other hand it could be seen as indirect sexual harassment

Has any outlet contacted Stefanie Joosten yet? I'm fine with the concept of squishable dolls, but the fact that it's an actual person makes it kind of... feel like harassment? It's a bit like celebrity nude pics. You're not actually hurting them, but it's also a bit invading their privacy.

edit welp hivemind.

The Brain Slug avatar is appropriate here

Why does Konami/Kojima get a free pass on this? If this were a Western developer we would be tearing them apart and their rep would be tarnished

spekkeh

Banned
Has any outlet contacted Stefanie Joosten yet? I'm fine with the concept of squishable dolls, but the fact that it's an actual person makes it kind of... feel like harassment? It's a bit like celebrity nude pics. You're not actually hurting them, but it's also a bit invading their privacy.

edit welp hivemind.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Realistically I don't think she'd mind and probably laugh... on the other hand it could be seen as indirect sexual harassment

edit welp hivemind.

We have reached critical mass.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I heard you don't rike the figurine?

QlYO445.png

Hexa

Anyone ashamed of their words and deeds yet? :p

I really hope Kojima stays in the game industry. He's just all around an awesome person that just seems to fit here so well. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head anyone in the industry that I respect more.

Hagi

Yeah sure it could be seen as indirect sexual harassment in crazy town.

edit welp hivemind.

It's absolutely nothing like celebrity nude pics. Glad to know if i take a picture of my Hot Toys Tony Stark in a sexual position I'm harassing Robert Downey Jr.

We have reached critical mass.

It's absolutely nothing like celebrity nude pics. Glad to know if i take a picture of my Hot Toys Tony Stark in a sexual position I'm harassing Robert Downey Jr.

Was an exaggeration. I said realistically she'd laugh about it. Also, Tony Stark doll is non sexual while this one is rather sexualized with the whole squishy boobs and all

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This Quiet obsession has been so off putting. I know Kojima's just being Kojima but it's such a bad design, even for a scantily clad woman, and dragging out the model she's based on at every opprtunity has been creepy as hell.

Senran Kagura has you covered. potentially NSFW http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10306166
Holy fuck that description is hilarious

"- From Big Tits hyper Battle [閃乱 Kagura], is a new milk material series will be released in about one years!
- The third installment is Doji-kko [Hibari]!
- The new milk material, soft sites that are made of silicon, you can Hasame many things, it is a thing of would be able to Dari massaged material.
- Wow, this soft site has become the first in the ass and not the chest!
- Because would Hasame anything soft ass, please enjoy across your favorite things.
- Of course, we are able to rub heartily from anywhere 360 u200bu200bdegrees ass & thighs!
- Gap of sexy poses and its young face has become an attractive [Hibari ass raw figures]!
- Please try by all means your favorite way to enjoy! !"

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Well how would you feel if someone suddenly starting selling sex toys of you, wouldn't you at least want to be consulted up front and receive royalties?

So this figurine is a sex toy and we know for a fact that she's not ok with it?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck that description is hilarious

"- From Big Tits hyper Battle [閃乱 Kagura], is a new milk material series will be released in about one years!
- The third installment is Doji-kko [Hibari]!
- The new milk material, soft sites that are made of silicon, you can Hasame many things, it is a thing of would be able to Dari massaged material.
- Wow, this soft site has become the first in the ass and not the chest!
- Because would Hasame anything soft ass, please enjoy across your favorite things.
- Of course, we are able to rub heartily from anywhere 360 u200bu200bdegrees ass & thighs!
- Gap of sexy poses and its young face has become an attractive [Hibari ass raw figures]!
- Please try by all means your favorite way to enjoy! !"
Dude, that image of the SD card between her buttcheeks had me in stitches.

spekkeh

Banned

If it has a squeezable penis maybe. In any case this is not about consumers of media but creators. You want to be a creep, go right ahead, people making it and then turning it into a profit is something different.

Hagi

Well how would you feel if someone suddenly starting selling sex toys of you, wouldn't you at least want to be consulted up front and receive royalties?

This is ridiculous, she knows this exists. Squishy boobs? have no idea, but she absolutely knows there is a figure of her character coming out.

So it's the same with fictional violence right?

I was referring to the fact that a sexulaized doll of a character from a military action/stealth video game is a small symptom of the fact that most female characters exist in games for the sole purpose of titillation
No matter how nuanced or well written they always get boiled down to tits & ass, nothing more

EDIT:

What if instead of Quiet, it was Katniss Everdeen? Would any outrage be justified because America has different values?

Iscariot

Not seriously enough, fiction often sheds light on real world issues. We will have no way of solving the bigger & real problems if we can't curb these smaller ones.
Can you imagine the outrage if the team that made Life Is Strange commissioned merch like this? Why does Japan get a free pass for everything? They're like a cuter Saudi Arabia

Please be sarcasm.

ZanDatsu

I was referring to the fact that a sexulaized doll of a character from a military action/stealth video game is a small symptom of the fact that most female characters exist in games for the sole purpose of titillation

Maybe to you they do, I've personally never felt that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom