• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, um... Gabe Newell Simulator was released today.

Dark_castle

But-Why-Reaction-Gif.gif

diamount

Banned
If anything this looks like something Jim Sterling would play. Many developers have claimed that even if he trashes their game, it brings them much attention and profit.

Much profit could be $10 considering they are using pirated assets in the first place.

I imagine that the guy will make a decent chunk of change off it, it'll end up as one of those gag games that go on sale for nothing so people buy ten copies and send'em out on forums or to friends.

Does buying into early access unlock the NeoGAF armor he's wearing in the trailer? Love the "combed modeling clay" look of the hair as well lol

d00d3n

Really saddens me seeing people support this garbage on a service known for having an over abundance of it. Steam has turned into a dumping ground.

Frankly, this kind of "garbage" is hailed as unrivalled genius on gaf every time they release a new Saint's Row game.

So the stupid simulator games are coming back?

Saying "coming back" implies that they went away.

Eurogamer has some background: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-actual-game-thats-coming-out-on-steam-today

Gabe gave his permission for likeness. The game itself is terrible.

Why would he even do this when they game was obviously going to be dogshit? They really don't give a fuck about quality control on Steam, do they?!

Hilariously in the author's Let's Play video of their own game they encounter a bug where they can't walk through a doorway as they killed a creature which blocks it. So they just cut around the problem in the video, heh.

Heh, that sounds funny. Do you have a link?

Razmos

Step 1: Make a cheap shitty no effort simulator game
Step 2: Make it silly so that youtube personalities will buy it and stream it
Step 3: The mindless sheep that watch those youtube personalities will also buy the game
Step 4: Laugh all the way to the bank $$$$$

I'd say he will probably make his money back.

A whole 100 dollars through greenlight.

And since it was a dumb dead joke it got passed quick. Probably already made their money back.

They never left...

Do they really still make money now that the refund option is available? If they are making a profit on this then it just amazes me how eager people are to spend there money on dumb shit.

I hope there's a Scrooge McDuck mode where I can swim around in a big giant money bin full of thousand dollar bills as Gaben.

Danchi

They did see it, otherwise it wouldn't be on the store. Despite of how automated the greenlight process is, there's still a lot of manual proccesses a game must go before it's published.

Didn't a game (Maze Runner Simulator or something like that?) get through recently which had an opening screen that said "don't play this game if you're a faggot"? It seems like Steam has absolutely zero quality control these days.

MUnited83

For you.
Do they really still make money now that the refund option is available? If they are making a profit on this then it just amazes me how eager people are to spend there money on dumb shit.

Only a small portion of people actually refund games. Coupled with the fact it has trading cards and the game might cheap as hell, it can make quite a bit of money.

I mean, there's been people buying the rights to old abandoned games for pennies, they then crank out some trading cards and backgrounds for the game and then put the game in a 90% sale for a few cents. Easy few thousand bucks.

Lesath

A simulator is unnecessary, since like Gaben, I have also chosen not to work on Half-Life 3. All I need now is a lot of money, and we'd pretty much be the same person.

Plasma

Banned
Millions of easter eggs but only several in the current build, this is going to take forever to come out of early access.

BTA

As someone who knows people who really enjoy this "joke", this sure is something I was completely sick of before I read that description. Good to know they managed to shove "PC Master Race" bullshit in there too, just to make it even worse.

Top Bottom