• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what was the point in reducing the nudity in Cyberpunk 2077?

-Zelda-

Banned
There was quite the uproar on the cdpr forums about the lack of 100 percent nudity a good while ago, and one of the devs and site mods had to post that "it was never intended to have full nudity: and nobody was having that shit, either.

it is kind of strange that you can be fully nude in the inventory screen, but not anywhere else, especially since one of their top advertising themes was to mention nudity and also the words "we're not fucking around" and the "body is no longer sacred" in this future, so nobody cares about the nudity in universe due to themes of body modification and people just plain not giving a fuck.

It's annoying and they punked out, but there is nothing that can be done about it now if you are not playing on PC for the mods.

Meanwhile, full on nudity in Baldur's Gate with no issues *Unless you are on Xbox?

Other games long before Cyberpunk has featured nearly 100 percent nudity and not had any backlash. Dragon Age inquisition has several fully nude sex scenes, and one joke scene with Bull. The lesbian scene in that game gets within an inch of showing it all.

Not sure if I can share video examples due to the TOS at this site, even if said videos are up on YouTube. A mod if they see this topic will have to weigh in if such videos are fine to share here at the site before I dare to do so.

Did the devs at CDPR punk out?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
username checks out.
You get it
ydnzu4Z.gif

Ironically my name was about my “cash” being long…not other things. Now I’m sad 😞

-Zelda-

Banned
But seriously though. It's like some half assed middle ground that only makes it stick out even more since they failed at it. You either have the nudity in game, or you do not. I have heard it said by some online that it was because there are Kid NPCS in the game. You mean those freakish abominations that are just shrunk adults are supposed to be kids? But there were hardly any at all before that.

Just seems strange to go all in on this theme of not caring, but caring at the same time. Wanting to eat a whole cake, not not liking the calories is a dumb combination.
Remember how cringe it was in Mass Effect 2 and 3? Those sex scenes were so awkward due to the characters not actually being naked. Especially femshep in the shower with Traynor.

Either do it, or don't because middle ground approaches just ends up annoying both camps, even if the reasons are not quite the same.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It's like some half assed middle ground that only makes it stick out even more..
😂😂😂 Come on -Zelda- -Zelda- , you have to be playing here, right? lol.

To be serious though, I actually 100% agree. F that BS middle ground.

It’s so strange to me how devs and publishers try so hard to appeal to everyone. I know it’s a business, but it’s sad really. You can’t play all sides of life like it’s a Rubix Cube, it really just makes you look exactly like what you are. A predatory business that doesn’t care about anything but money.

Side note, welcome to the real business world. They don’t give a shit about your opinions or what you think. If they make money off it, you are dust in the wind 🤷‍♂️

Singular7

Like many other topics, it shows mankind doesnt really want what "they" are selling.

Even the creators and purveyors don't want it.

Last edited:

Three

Did OP really get banned for this thread?
No, they got banned for being a douchenozzle and telling a mod to go fuck himself/herself

Tried to issue an apology post in this topic about the things I said about a certain game dev, because I was being a bit of a trolling douchenozzle and it got insta deleted by some trigger happy mod who saw the word "cuck" and decided to not read further to see the much important details. To the mod that lacked reading comprehension and deleted my post: Go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
reee moment about nudity in CP2077 :

I played 1.0 on PS4 pro at first (what was i thinking i know...) and i remember going to Victor's place at the beginning to get kiroshi optics. During the cutscene my character unexplicably got naked and there i was, strapped on a chair naked with some dude i barely knew anaesthetizing me before going to work on my naked body.
It felt pretty weird :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But yes now that the game is under control bugwise, and only the player can choose if his character is naked or not, the devs should just give the choice to the player.
If i can see a head half blown off or limbs flying everywhere when using the disco grenade, i should be able to see boobs, pussies, dicks, and balls.

Pantz

There's tricks to make your character naked in the console versions too. Mostly pointless since it's a first person game anyway.

Top Bottom