• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So you can Slave Trade on a Steam game now

M8y7U2M.gif

Edit: Dammit Krappadizzle lol

Told ya brother. You are me.

Educational:

LOL

Man, I shouldn't laugh but that is so fucking crazy and caught me off guard... wth is this, I wasn't expecting to see humans being thrown into a ship all contorted when I saw the thread title. That screenshot is something else.

Robaperas

The CEO of the company has written some books about videogames, one titled Beyond Edutainment: Exploring the Educational Potential of Computer Games, so they could be legit, a "bit" rough, but legit.

Sandfox

The CEO of the company has written some books about videogames, one titled Beyond Edutainment: Exploring the Educational Potential of Computer Games, so they could be legit, a "bit" rough, but legit.

I'm sure its supposed to be a legit history based educational game, but there are legit issues to have with this.

this game has been on steam for two years.

No not really but thanks for trying.

I'm sure its supposed to be a legit history based educational game, but there are legit issues to have with this.

Yup, The way they try to cutesy it up is offensive. If you want to talk about such dark time in our history then show how horrible it was and make sure you influence and teach people that it was not a good and happy time.

ExVicis

He thought he could do a better job than the Nazis.

I don't understand people, I really don't. Who is the fucking target demo for these games? Better yet what was the thought process even for making them?

"So Paul what should we have in our Slavery Game for Education?"

"hmm....Maybe fitting slaves onto the boat tetris as a mouse cheers you on?"

"Paul that's fantastic, we need ideas like that on our Plague game project!"

Aselith

Yeah, I'm not sure their motives are really at issue so much as how tone deaf it is to have a game supposedly exploring the horrors of slavery and then having the player play Slave Tetris in a game replete with cartoon graphics.

Yeah, I'm not sure their motives are really at issue so much as how tone deaf it is to have a game supposedly exploring the horrors of slavery and then having the player play Slave Tetris in a game replete with cartoon graphics.

I guess the intent might've been to highlight "tight packing" conditions in slave transportation? That's the only thing I can think of that could possibly remotely justify Slave Tetris.

....But it's still fucking SLAVE TETRIS, holy shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah pretty much this. When will they kill this fuckin horrible system so we can move past it. Fuckin lazy bullshit curation system.

Moving past Greenlight means a Google Playesque system where developers are free to upload a game after paying the registration fee. Valve will never go back to curating releases itself as that's what lead to Greenlight in the first place. Vendor curation isn't and can never be perfect -- even CDPR passes on indie games from time to time.

Aselith

That was actually the first game. PH3 is Vikings.

Their site seems pretty legit. They do a lot of technical animation, and have some games designed to help treat PTSD.

Seems like they put more effort into making their Aryan war kings game than they did into their slave trading game. Maybe we will be getting that concentration camp sim after all.

I guess the intent might've been to highlight "tight packing" conditions in slave transportation? That's the only thing I can think of that could possibly remotely justify Slave Tetris.

....But it's still fucking SLAVE TETRIS, holy shit.
Well there is that board game "Train", where players try to efficiently pack train cars full of people. Then at the end of the game you find out you were really sending people to a concentration camps.

I can imagine a "game" about slavery that actually teaches the player something, but this sure isn't it.

Top Bottom