• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer player shoots referee after getting red carded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machina

Banned
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/02/17/referee-shot-dead-during-match-argentina

48-year-old referee César Flores was shot dead in Argentina, just moments after sending a player off during a match in Argentina. Police are searching for the dismissed player who has been identified as the prime suspect.
By SBS

17 Feb 2016 - 11:00 AM UPDATED YESTERDAY 11:00 AM

According to local reports, Flores sent the man off during a match in the Cordoba province, before the player retrieved a gun from his bag and shot the 48 year-old three times.

Police have confirmed that the assailant also shot another footballer, 25-year-old Walter Zarate, who is recovering after he was rushed to hospital.

“It all happened during the football match. We don’t know [exactly what took place], but it appears the player was angry, fetched a gun and killed him,” a police source told Efe news.

Shoot the thread down if old.

Jesus fucking christ, WHY did this guy have a gun at a soccer match?

Some people should not be doing competitive sports if they can't handle things not going their way. I'm also looking at you Ronda rousey, wanting to kill yourself because you lost one fight. This shit is crazy.

Some people should not be doing competitive sports if they can't handle things not going their way. I'm also looking at you Ronda rousey, wanting to kill yourself because you lost one fight. This shit is crazy.

How did you go from a soccer referee getting shot during a match to Ronda's confession on Ellen on how she felt suicidal...?

Accoun

Holy shit, I thought it will about the guy kicking the ball in the referee's face or something, not genuinely shooting him with a gun! And during the match, even?!

Foffy

Banned
Jeez, getting so mad at a game that you kill the ref.

He does know he'll never fucking play again, right...?

negitoro7

It's scary the explosive temper some people have. I'm glad there aren't too many guns in the hands of my fellow morning commuters around me, because road rage is common.

hal9001

Banned
Killing somebody over sport. What a shit world we live in.

Humans never change.

death-of-gladiators.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom