• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoFlaGAF Meetup Thread - Sat, May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all you cool cats in the Tri-County Area!

Come increase your awesome quotient by meeting up with us on Saturday, May 12th, 2:00PMish at Haulover Beach in North Miami!

Yes I know this is ridiculously short notice.

Yes I also know Haulover Beach is well-known as a clothing-optional beach. Rest assured that it is "clothing required" for all GAF members in attendance.

Sing! Dance! Be merry! Possibly burn! What could go wrong?

See you there!

IrishNinja

damn OP, mad late notice! if i hadnt made plans to go to Wynwood art walk id hit it up, even though my vampiric ass would prolly burst into flames, haha. what time you gonna be there till?

Damn, Orlando meet up ain't' ever happening.

July 14th, dude!

That would require driving in Miami.

Why would you put people through that?

yo i know driving down there sucks but i hurrd irishninja is down that way, might be worth the trip nahmean

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That would require driving in Miami.

Why would you put people through that?

Let the record show I did NOT choose the location.

edit: Dunno what time we're gonna be hanging out til. Possibly days or weeks if that's what it takes.

And nice, Bastille Day! I'd love to make the trip up for that.

cj_iwakura

Man, at least use an arcade in Hollywood or Aventura or something. I loathe going to Miami, no offense.

I'll be back in town Saturday afternoon, but I'm not fond of beaches. Dave and Busters? That's another story.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Woah. What. Beach? Miami? In two days? Maybe if I had my own car, but... not likely. Plus I'd probably never fit in at GAF meetups... too young and don't drink. oh welllllll

kehs

Banned
Meetup at Haulover, and it's clothing required?

Pfft, might as well make the meetup in southbeach then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woah. What. Beach? Miami? In two days? Maybe if I had my own car, but... not likely. Plus I'd probably never fit in at GAF meetups... too young and don't drink. oh welllllll
Pau can't drink. I think that has something to do with why we're going to a beach. It has been made clear to me that it doesn't have anything to do with why we're going to a nude beach.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Way too short notice for me. I just spotted the thread. I also just saw the Zelda Symphony/Orlando meetup thread. I might make that if my finances hold out.

I'll bookmark the thread. Hopefully this won't be the only meetup? If there are future meetups, I'd be willing to pick-up a couple people if they needed a ride. I'm in the South Broward area.

Also, I have to agree, after living here for most of my life, I'm kind of over the beach. Still, that's not a deal breaker at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Should do the meet at Tates Comics or something.

Also D&B probably would be closer to you guys at the Dolphin Mall
You.. go to Tate's? Can we be friends now?

I live in Plantation... if there are a number of you that close to me then we should definitely do another meetup soon :D

Whatever maaaaan, we'll just chill up here in Gainesville then.
Why couldn't I get on GAF when I was still at UF?

...holy fuck it's been a long time :O

ZeroRay

Way too short notice for me. I just spotted the thread. I also just saw the Zelda Symphony/Orlando meetup thread. I might make that if my finances hold out.

I'll bookmark the thread. Hopefully this won't be the only meetup? If there are future meetups, I'd be willing to pick-up a couple people if they needed a ride. I'm in the South Broward area.

Also, I have to agree, after living here for most of my life, I'm kind of over the beach. Still, that's not a deal breaker at all.

Yeah, the short notice is what you get when you have 3 Miamians organize this. The WrassleGAF meetup we did was set up a month in advance.

Yeah, hopefully the next one won't be on such short notice. And I'll hold you on the ride. :)

IrishNinja

Where's the closest Dave and Busters anyway?

dolphin mall, right around the corner from me. or up in hollywood, my chick works at that one.

Should do the meet at Tates Comics or something.

Also D&B probably would be closer to you guys at the Dolphin Mall

yup. Tate's would be cool too, we shouldve done last saturday for FCBD though!

Whatever maaaaan, we'll just chill up here in Gainesville then.

haha ew

Tates is an institution man. I've been going there for well over a decade now.

that place is amazing, and it's not like we have shit left open down here for comics besides A&M, buuuuut...the prices (outside of their sales out front) aren't so good. i keep looking at trades and thinking "I wonder how much amazon has this for".

Way too short notice for me. I just spotted the thread. I also just saw the Zelda Symphony/Orlando meetup thread. I might make that if my finances hold out..

if you're going, post there too, help me keep that thread alive man! heh.

Karkador

Banned
Do we have to do this at the beach? It seems like a rather not-popular idea.

On the other hand, dorky hangouts like arcades/comic book stores seem pretty short-lived as far as meet-ups go, and aren't very social places.

ZeroRay

Do we have to do this at the beach? It seems like a rather not-popular idea.

On the other hand, dorky hangouts like arcades/comic book stores seem pretty short-lived as far as meet-ups go, and aren't very social places.

If you guys decide to go somewhere else, I'm down. Provided I can take the bus there or any of you can give me a ride. Really sucks to be without a vehicle in this god forsaken town. -_-

bengraven

Why couldn't I get on GAF when I was still at UF?

...holy fuck it's been a long time :O

I think there's maybe two or three other people in this area. TheSeks lives literally on the other side of the lake I'm looking at right now - we gotta hang out some time. And there's another GAFfer at UF...

Maybe the central/northern FL GAFfers can find a decent middle ground.

2Vxdd.jpg

IrishNinja

moving a fleet of people from place to place, all of them in their own cars, is one of the most annoying things to do in south florida

ah, this is a man who lives in or near miami. fair point, but i still wish i could get a group over to the new arcade down here, then maybe ale house or something.

haha, you know how it is! i got mad friends from down here that went to UF, we gotta clown on em sometimes, it's regional law. all love though!

cj_iwakura

I agree, Tate's would be ideal. Maybe in the summer?

I've literally been going there since they opened.

I also go to the Hollywood D&B all the time, since I play Pump there.
(NW Broward here)

kehs

Banned
Not sure if I can make it this weekend, but if I can I'll definitely post, plus I can give one person a ride. (Unless you want to ride in the back of a pickup).

cousins

I'll never forget the day I moved out of Florida, I don't think I've ever been happier. Miami's a shit-hole, and living in Pensacola is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

cj_iwakura

Fuck, I can do a Tate's meetup every weekend, it's like 4.3 miles away.

It's not too late to update the locale!

Seriously, there's a lot we could do at Tate's, and it'd be infinitely less awkward than this beach place.

Could even hang out afterward for fightan games.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll never forget the day I moved out of Florida, I don't think I've ever been happier. Miami's a shit-hole, and living in Pensacola is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
This shit so doesn't belong in this thread. I'm sorry, I mean I'm happy for you and everything, but come on. Florida's got its crap, meeting up will only improve the status quo. And obviously you won't be in attendance.

Attention! Due to overwhelming demand, the location and date of this meetup will be hereby rescheduled to give people more time! Hereby accepting suggestions as to location and timing. I'm overwhelming cool with Tates, but I'm imagining we have plenty of people who would much rather we do it further south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom