• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PS3 games just appeared on the PS4 Store

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Didn't Sony say something about there not being any plans for it outside of the States? Maybe they were just referring to the Beta. Either way, I can't get excited due to the ridiculous bandwidth caps here in Canada.

That made a blog post on the EU blog to announce PS Now. It's coming here. It's just a question of when. They likely said something along the lines of "We have nothing to share on an EU launch of PS Now at this time". It doesn't mean it isn't coming. It just means it's coming later than the US.

vypek

I was lucky enough to secure an unlimited data cap with Rogers, which is one of the major providers here, but I still see it being a major problem for most.

True. I'm in the US and I don't have a cap and have pretty good connection speed. I agree that for most it seems like it will be a major problem. Hopefully Sony has a plan for that.

PSNow free with Ps+...let me dream

I wish. But they'd be leaving too much money on the table.

Yoday

I continue to be hopeful that Sony isn't going to screw over people that already own these games digitally. I understand that due to bandwidth costs they can't just simply unlock all of the PS1/2/3 games that someone owns digitally for streaming at all times, but there is no reason why games shouldn't be unlocked if you already own them and are also subscribed to whatever Netflix style subscription service is made available.

Kusagari

PlayStation-3-games-1-640x360.jpg

GTA 5 for PS3.... so... no PS4 port? :(

Yeah man. Sucks we're not getting Diablo 3 and Last of Us on PS4 either.

vypek

Um...wat?
According to whom?

For the most part, I don't think people will realize how to get them connected to your main account since it seems like its honestly just a dummy account. I don't know if I would be allowed to post how though. I refrained from posting it in the public space. But beta testers seem to be able to speak to other testers about PSNow

Banned
It would be sweet if Sony had plans to bring this to Canada. I just feel bitter every time a thread like this comes up.
Same. I was disappointed when Sony didn't include Canada until at least 2015. And to top it off, they raised the PS4 digital games $10 because of the Canadian dollar dropping. To think I wanted to switch to digital :(

vypek

Does anyone with PSNow also own one of the games offered and rented it? I'm curious about how saves work. Like if I buy a physical copy of a game I used to rent on PSNow, can I use the saves that were made using PSNow for it and vice versa.

sportz103

GTA V is a PS Now title?
Does this Pachter quote even funnier.

. PlayStation Now is a joke,” he said in the latest issue of Game Informer (via.) “There is no publisher that is going to license content that’s less than two-years old because they would be concerned that they can’t sell as many copies if they make it available for subscription or rental.
It's possible that GTAV will be available, just not for subscription or rental. It could be a full $59.99, which Rockstar and any company would be happy to do as they get a full price sale and don't introduce a new unit into the used space. We still don't know the details behind how this service works, but I imagine for most big/new games you should expect to pay for them unless there is some PS+ special.

I really hope there's a way for you to put a PS3 disc into your PS4 and have the game stream over Now. I would pay more for plus just to have that functionality

Brofield

So, if Uncharted 1/2/3 come to this PS Now, is it considered futile to find a cheap PS3 if I had plans to buy a PS4 anyhow?

morpix

Damn, get those Sydney servers built Sony. I'd love some PS-Now, especially if you can verify I own the game with my PS3 disc... I can only dream.

*edit* Not too far fetched considering they did the same for that $10 next-gen upgrade program.

Top Bottom