• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 gameplay trailer

So if they're just letting you play as Metal in Episode 1 with Episode 2 physics, why aren't they changing Episode 2's physics more? They could go whole-hog.

RagnarokX

I didn't think it was that bad.

Besides that one stage that where you had to go up... ugh.

Egg Rocket Zone? That was like the only interesting level in the game. It just dragged on and had a few cheap Dimps-style design flaws like that part where you have to blindly spring over a wall with spikes.

It sold very well across all platforms so...yeah we kinda are in the minority lol.

That being said people look at Episode I and say "hey, Sonic was always kinda mediocre, we just didn't realize it until now" whereas theres a LOT of issues under the surface which plague that game.

SykoTech

What're you talking about? That was the best stage in the game by far.

Agreed. Sonic Advance 1 was entirely boring and uncreative to me. But that stage was pretty good.

As for the news....meh. A decent unlockable I guess, but I didn't buy Episode I. Not even sure if I'll buy Episode II yet.

qq more

Why does sonic have to be anything Like mario? Urgh.

I don't care if I'm the sole person that thinks this but unleashed (at least the day stages) was the closest modern sonic has come to a great game. I'd rather an unleashed 2 than a colors or generations 2. Not to say there isn't room for both styles of game though.

I won't mind an Unleashed 2 if they don't do the alt gameplay thing again. (Honestly tried to enjoy Werehog but the gameplay bored me to death :() Everything else about the game was good. Day stages were fun, the OST and the visual style were both great!

I really do hope the next Modern Sonic game continues with the gameplay style (Unleashed Day, Colors Wii and Modern Generations) we have now.

EDIT: On the subject of Egg Rocket Zone. Sorry guys, I replayed most of Advance 1 lately and I can safely say Egg Rocket is an AWFUL level and seriously has not aged well. The concept of it was good and the music was probably the best in the OST (although the OST was fairly weak to begin with, the other 2 games in the trilogy had much better music). But the level was awful because of the shitty spring/spikes placement and not to mention there's traps that constantly sends you back to where you started. Fuck that level. Not fun at all.

I really do hope the next Modern Sonic game continues with the gameplay style (Unleashed Day, Colors Wii and Modern Generations) we have now.

As long as they keep moving forward with the level design they had in Generations, I'd be ok with that. They just need to make the levels more open and take out the boosters.

Top Bottom