• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed out on PC today

Did the last patch introduce a bug where stunts fail in mid air?

It's probably the fix they implemented to counteract the rolling over and over to gain speed exploit. Were you doing lots of barrel rolls in sequence when it happened?

I've had stunts fail in mid air long before this patch though. Sometimes the game just freaks out and says I flipped three times than failed--when I'm pretty sure I only inputted one flip.

Sini

It's probably the fix they implemented to counteract the rolling over and over to gain speed exploit. Were you doing lots of barrel rolls in sequence when it happened?

I've had stunts fail in mid air long before this patch though. Sometimes the game just freaks out and says I flipped three times than failed--when I'm pretty sure I only inputted one flip.
I though that that fix only applied to airplane mode?

I though that that fix only applied to airplane mode?

Then I don't know what I'm saying, haha. Does this happen often though? Sometimes I just think the game doesn't like my Logitech f310 controller, because once in a while I'll flip more than I input and then fail and lose speed.

Sini

Then I don't know what I'm saying, haha. Does this happen often though? Sometimes I just think the game doesn't like my Logitech f310 controller, because once in a while I'll flip more than I input and then fail and lose speed.
I'm using official X360 controller and it happens quite often since last patch.

1-D_FTW

Surprises... maybe the Outrun track is included in career mode?

Also, on that last point... if the game runs at 120fps, would it not be possible to lock it to that and still have the physics run at 60fps for those who want to use 3D? That would make sense.

I see what you did there.

But yeah, I'm with you on that one. It's amazing how support for Sega games on PC has gone from having some of the worst examples to some of the best. Almost makes the delay of the PC version worth it!

If you wanna play in 3D, you're better off just playing the original. Had I known it had 120hz issues, I would have just waited for a 5 dollar sale (Maybe. Or I may have just skipped it).

VaeVictis

Just got this on Amazon and installed through Steam and get the Launcher.exe error.

Checking Google I see this is a wide spread bug with no fix. Great.

Can Win XP users tell me where the config files are meant to be created because I can't find them. All help online only tells about Win 7 location.

EDIT: Just found the solution.

The Launcher fails to create a SART folder and the settings.xml file. I installed the game on my Win 7 box and tried to start the launcher. NET Framework throws an exception and from the error msg it expects a controller to be present. Since none of my computers never had one I got an error on both of them. But this time I could ignore the error and the launcher starts. Once I exited the launcher, I copied the SART folder with the settings.xml over to my Win XP box and the launcher as well as the game could be run correctly.

Oublieux

A four pack of this game is on sale for 15 bucks at GMG; adding the 20% coupon pegs it down to 12 bucks, making each copy three bucks. Worth it.

L.O.R.D

ThNBY03.jpg

ALL STAR , 232 STAR

YES
freakinawesome.gif

fucking finally
those Drift , Ring and Traffic attack are insane
its near impossible to not get hit for seconds

Sumo Digital need to tune things down little bit in the next game ( i hope )

some screenshots
frnxxym1.gif

Finally , an screenshot for all the characters i have

leveling them up one by one is a chore

ThNBY03.jpg

ALL STAR , 232 START

YES
freakinawesome.gif

fucking finally
those Drift , Ring and Traffic attack are insane
its near impossible to not get hit for seconds

Sumo Digital need to tune things down little bit in the next game ( i hope )

some screenshots

frnxxym1.gif

Finally , an screenshot for all the characters i have

leveling them up one by one is a chore

They don't need to tune it down. I also beat it all.
Yeah, it was hard as hell, but not everyone needs to win everything, know wha'msayin?

For example, there are still some NES games I haven't beaten after all these years, but I still had a blast with them, and they're probably as memorable as they are because they weren't so easy, and I came back again and again to try to beat them.

Top Bottom