• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing! The NeoGAF Megathread Zone!

Go319

Hey guys,

Just been getting into this and loving it just as much, if not more than Mario Kart!

Question: Ive just bought the Metal Sonic pack off PSN, ive installed it, but i cant see where Metal Sonic is in the game? Where am i supposed to find him? he's not on the character roster.. any help?

Go319 said:
Question: Ive just bought the Metal Sonic pack off PSN, ive installed it, but i cant see where Metal Sonic is in the game? Where am i supposed to find him? he's not on the character roster.. any help?
Just checking - do the game and DLC have the same region?..

Cause I had to buy this DLC twice. :lol (didn't pay attention that I was buying a EU DLC to the US game the first time)

Go319

LOVE & TRUTH said:
Just checking - do the game and DLC have the same region?..

Cause I had to buy this DLC twice. :lol (didn't pay attention that I was buying a EU DLC to the US game the first time)

erm no its a US disc and an AU PSN account. where to from here?

Go319

LOVE & TRUTH said:
The game and DLC should be from one region. Sorry, looks like you'll have to rebuy it off the US Store.

ok well that would be the issue then!

creating a US account now. wouldnt be the first time ive spent too much money on metal sonic :D

The PC version worked great for me in Windows XP but now on Windows 7 (X86) I'm getting a lot of slowdown and compatiblility mode breaks the game, are there any patches or fixes?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I finally bought this for 15 bucks. I can safely assure all of you that Mario Kart broke Kart games forever. Stupid drifting to get boost is the stupidest "innovation" I've ever seen on a game.

The double Steering is pretty dumb, but I'd almost say it's by design. If it was mapped to the right stick, it wouldn't have been much of a problem. And, to quote Mario Kart again, if everybody does it, it's not really a problem, is it?

Great render of the characters and competent gameplay (pretty much like Sega All-Star Tennis or whatever is that called).

Opa-Opa is always a plus.

I'm content with my purchase. Now, to ponder if I should buy the DLC or not.

drizzle said:
So I finally bought this for 15 bucks. I can safely assure all of you that Mario Kart broke Kart games forever. Stupid drifting to get boost is the stupidest "innovation" I've ever seen on a game.

The double Steering is pretty dumb, but I'd almost say it's by design. If it was mapped to the right stick, it wouldn't have been much of a problem. And, to quote Mario Kart again, if everybody does it, it's not really a problem, is it?

Great render of the characters and competent gameplay (pretty much like Sega All-Star Tennis or whatever is that called).

Opa-Opa is always a plus.

I'm content with my purchase. Now, to ponder if I should buy the DLC or not.

As somebody who bought all of the DLC....

20.jpg

Metal Sonic is cool, and the Death Egg stage is OK but not great. But the price is fairly ridiculous and spoils the whole deal.

And don't even ask about forklift Ryo. The fact that they're charging money for that is borderline offensive.

Tails or whoever just grunting at the start was strange.

I wonder if you can still do wheelies with the bikes? Didn't seem to be any extra buttons for it, and the slider only had left and right.

ZeMMiK

picked this game up from the budgetbin.....and I must say I really like it so far... late to the party I know...but better late than never.
I really like the sega mile system.. so every race conbrute for unlocks

Sydle

ZeMMiK said:
picked this game up from the budgetbin.....and I must say I really like it so far... late to the party I know...but better late than never.

Great game. The online community on 360 is still pretty active, I've never had a problem finding a match.

ZeMMiK said:
Yeah it's really well done; other devs could take a page from Sumo's book on that front.

I think this game was really under-appreciated.

hodgy100

love this game but iv'e lost access to the free copy I got with currys digital D:

I dont remember which email i used or the password for it :(

Neuromancer said:
Yeah it's really well done; other devs could take a page from Sumo's book on that front.

I think this game was really under-appreciated.

Agreed.

I'm hoping they make another one. They could do so much more with all the properties Sega has.

Box of Bunnies said:
You mean with all the Sonic characters they didn't squeeze into the first one?
I know you're being sarcastic but there really are a lot of Sega characters they could mine, sure they're not all super well known but that's part of the fun:

-Vectorman
-Toejam and Earl
-Gunstar Heroes
-Shinobi dude
-Clockwork Knight
-Ecco the Dolphin (in some kind of tank, ha)
-Kid Chameleon
-Nights
-Seaman (see Ecco)

Neuromancer said:
I know you're being sarcastic but there really are a lot of Sega characters they could mine

It was a dig at the excessive amount of Sonic characters in the first game, not a suggestion that Sega lacks a rich stable of characters/franchises.

If they do make a sequel, the five characters I'd love to see included would probably be Bayonetta, NiGHTS, Ristar, Segata Sanshiro and Vyse.

TimmiT

Ledsen said:
Is this worth getting for PC if you're probably not going to play any multiplayer?
The only thing you'd be missing online multiplayer and an overpriced DLC track and character. So yes.

suikodan

I bought the game on Steam and while the game is fun, it skips a lot. It seems that it has trouble loading the textures on my machine. Anyone knows any tweaks that I could use?

Ledsen

So this game is great, but sadly I can't get 60 fps on my PC :( 60 fps or bust in this game, so I'll wait until I get a better computer to play it.

J@hranimo

Banned
I really would like there to be a sequel with more characters, more tracks from more SEGA series, item balancing, and more robust online. Although, I don't know if it did really well so it looks kinda unlikely :(

abracadaver

Is this game still worth getting or is it better to skip and get transformed ?

Is there still an online community ?

The games on demand version is on sale this week for

Is this game still worth getting or is it better to skip and get transformed ?

Is there still an online community ?

The games on demand version is on sale this week for

Transformed is really good and it's worth buying that version, however the first one is more solid to me, it has less collision glitches and is only ground vehicles, has it's own unique tracks and if you can get it for a cheap price it's worth owning.

Transformed is really good and it's worth buying that version, however the first one is more solid to me, it has less collision glitches and is only ground vehicles, has it's own unique tracks and if you can get it for a cheap price it's worth owning.

I tend to agree

Going thru Transformed on Hard and onward via Vita and you REALLY start to notice a lot of the collision glitches. It's like the game just isn't designed for the speed you find yourself going at sometimes when trying to keep up with the broken AI.

I noticed plenty of collision glitches in the first game, too. In one of the Final Fortress tracks there's a loop you drive around and if you're in a specific place you'll drop through the floor on your way up the loop. When I've had a better idea where it was I've even forced CPU racers in to the spot where collision fails so I win the race easier.

Since being patched ASR is also way more prone to locking up, or at least, it is on consoles. The same goes for opponent A.I. - post-patch, they get stuck on walls a lot more.

Still, for how cheap that first game probably is, it might be worth owning just to have more tracks to race around. It's a good game.

Aizo

Banned
I was really into the first game, but after I beat the main levels in the second, I kinda got burnt out on the difficulty. I decided I'd come back when the dlc characters came.

What happened to that DLC character poll? I voted in that, but I heard nothing for years.

ArjanN

I was really into the first game, but after I beat the main levels in the second, I kinda got burnt out on the difficulty. I decided I'd come back when the dlc characters came.

What happened to that DLC character poll? I voted in that, but I heard nothing for years.

This happened:

yzptch.gif

Top Bottom