• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Secret Rings pics (wow)

What are these, crappy screen captures from a video? That's what they seem to be. The game looks good when you're actually playing it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
typhonsentra said:
One of the most recent image on IGN:

sonicwildfire20060801092600782nk4.jpg

I still don't think the game looks great. It looks like a dreamcast game even in those shots.

The art direction is making it more appealing than 360/PS3 sonic.

Amir0x

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I still don't think the game looks great. It looks like a dreamcast game even in those shots.

The art direction is making it more appealing than 360/PS3 sonic.

It looks like a slightly better Sonic Adventure 2. It's clearly not in the same level technically as the PS3/360 Sonic game, but that's a "durr total" comment. I've watched the HD videos at IGN, same impression. Seems nice, the art direction is certainly more appealing (and no ****ing Shadow)... but, it's firmly rooted in last gen.

Amir0x

Banned
Himuro said:
Why haven't Sega made a cel shaded Sonic anyways? That's more preferable than this shit.

Sonic with Wind Waker like graphics engine = OMFG

I think Sonic would work pretty well cel-shaded, definitely.

Diablos

I played Sonic Adventure 2 today.

I cannot believe how terrible it is. Knuckles levels suck.

Dare I say Sonic Adventure 1 was the last good Sonic game :(

Luna104

Look at this beautiful game. It may not be the best Zelda ever, but The Wind Waker will still look great 5 years from now.

zeldateasing_110602_5.jpg

WAY more Wii games should get the cel-shading treatment.

Wario64 says, "Nice bump but we already have a current thread on this game."

Current by your wow-worthy standards, perhaps? This supposed "current" thread contains the exact same screens but with your 'wow' filter and the Wario64 'wow' trademark applied. Not impressed...

StephaneC

Chris Remo said:
What are these, crappy screen captures from a video? That's what they seem to be. The game looks good when you're actually playing it.
yes it is and i dont understand why this topic isn't closed ... after the E3 photos, the trailer caps ... next chapter with TGS 2004 screenshots.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This should look 50% better than FZero GX and be locked at 60fps . I dont wan't excuses, SEGA.

Rlan

I'm still wondering why the hell this game is constantly being shown in 640x480 - Wii does Widescreen douches!

In fact ALL SSR [SATSR?] look scrunched up.

Top Bottom