• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations Announced [PS3 / XBOX 360 / PC / 3DS] - No Wii Version Official

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Please no playable friends, please no playable friends, please no playable friends. I don't believe they can ever use Knuckles in game play I like again and Blaze seems to been regulated to Rush only.

I expect disappointment of course and somehow they screw up "and 3D" sections, but I am quite excited by what I see and the idea of what they are trying for. Looks good if nothing else and that's enough for me right now. Of course I enjoyed Sonic 4 for what it was, loved Sonic Colours, and right now my hopes aren't being killed.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
N'awww, Classic Sonic looks so good.

Even if they do end up calling him Eggman, I want to see Classic Robotnik too.

Struct09 said:
It looks pretty good, but I'm going to watch that Mega64 video a few more times to keep my expectations in check

Or play Colours and get hyped again FUCK YEAH SONIC COLOURS WOOOOO

*weeps tears of joy*

THAT is exactly what Sonic should look like, the ending shot of the video pretty much summed up why the classic designs are so much more appealing. I'd say day one, but if there is a special edition released anywhere in the world I will pay anything for it.

Edit: Just noticed the jump sound effect is from Sonic CD, they seem to be digging in the right locations for inspiration.

the more I watch the trailer, the more hyped I get.

I bought Colors and beat it last night Sega! what the fuck do you want me to do? suck your dick?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I wonder if that creepy, slightly humanoid, rubber-quilled Sonic from Sonic '06 will rear its ugly head in th- *Dies*

EmCeeGramr said:
Red Rings? Sonic Colors?

Hopefully that's how modern Sonic plays.

SovanJedi said:
I wonder if that creepy, slightly humanoid, rubber-quilled Sonic from Sonic '06 will rear its ugly head in th- *Dies*

He's the final boss.

Enemies are shitty friends.

Cautiously optimistic. Key word: cautiously.

Don't get me wrong, this looks good, like it looks really good. It looks like what a modern Sonic game should be.

But then again, this is Sega making a modern Sonic game and if history is any indicator of the quality of this game, this game is going to be a heaping pile of shit.

KingJ2002

after seeing the trailer... 2 things:

1. OMG... ME WANT. ME WANT NOW!

2. How can anyone possibly complain about this... isnt this what we've been asking for a decade? what people have went out of their way to create THEMSELVES???

to go from this:

Act1_03.jpg

to this:

sonic-generations-playstation-3-ps3-1303141917-003.jpg

BY SEGA THEMSELVES!

i just can't imagine anyone complaining.

Peff

Gameplay video is clearly Colors 2 even for Classic Sonic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people should probably keep their expectations in check though.

They got rid of the shitty friends but they brought old Sonic back to be friends with new Sonic so while it's the same character they're different so that they can be friends.

SykoTech

Game looks beautiful, the way Sonic should have looked when he went 3D. And even more impressive is that Classic Sonic looks like actually classic gameplay. Not to mention how well animated he is. Why the hell couldn't they do this in Sonic 4? Modern Sonic is boost and homing attack man as usual, but he should be fun too if it's like Colors/Unleashed (which it certainly looks like). I'm in.

As for Sonic's friends, it says that Classic and Modern have to save them. Hopefully, that means they won't be in the way too much.

Azure J

I don't want to jump to conclusions, especially after what happened with Sonic 4 and claiming things from a gameplay trailer but...

Was that actual forward momentum I saw at 0:32 ~ 0:35? :eek: :O

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Dear Sega: please don't brew up any crazy, non-Sonic mechanics such as the Werehog for this one. Thanks.

Top Bottom