• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Sonic Lost World" trademark registered in European Union

Videoneon

Holy shit this thread is hilarious. Why is it always so easy for anything Sonic to become a laughingstock.

As for the project, it's about time for a new Sonic entry. 360/WiiU/PS3 I assume.

liquidtmd

Banned
On the cusp of greatness with Generations, I have absolute faith Sega will screw this up somehow.

They will...find a way.

de8ppRG.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMt82mvgKo

DINO. ROLL OVER. DINO. IT'S A JUNGLE. DINO. YO HOOO-WHOOOOAAA.

ShadiWulf

Holy shit this thread is hilarious. Why is it always so easy for anything Sonic to become a laughingstock.

As for the project, it's about time for a new Sonic entry. 360/WiiU/PS3 I assume.

I'm thinking those platforms + next gen personally.

SEGA always says they like to be a part of every console launch, and no better way of doing that then having a Sonic game.

Domain name was registered on the 13th of this month, and trademark on 15th of this month. Seems like SEGA was trying to keep everything under wraps, they know how Sonic fans are! I'm guessing we get our reveal next week either during or after XBOX event.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA OUTRUN THE DINOS

CAN'T STICK AROUND, GOTTA T-REX ON MY TAIL. WHAT TIME AM I IN, ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!
MUST KEEP ON LEAPING THROUGH TIME
NO TIME FOR GUESSING, I'LL FIGHT PIRATES INSTEAD
SAMURAI IS WHAT I CAN SEE
TAKE MY LEAD, DEMOCRACY~

Village

On the cusp of greatness with Generations, I have absolute faith Sega will screw this up somehow.

They will...find a way.

"Ok we figured out speed characters and combat. Satiate all the peoples needs with sonic, what do we do."

" dino riding"

" what? I thought the people wanted to run around hist stuff with the crew"

"no... Dino ridng I gotthis"

* two people whispering*

"pssst isnt that the same guy who told the last team to release the sonic 06 alpha build as a game"

clav

A game with canned Sonic 3D levels.

Why can't SEGA just properly redo 2D as in not letting DIMPS make the classic style games?

J@hranimo

Banned
Probably not. Sonic games almost never get announced at E3. It'll either be at some random day (like usual, maybe even tomorrow), or at the Xbox event, maybe, as a next-gen title.

Didn't Sonic Colors get announced at E3? Don't quote me, but that's the first time I heard of it then.

Aside, this looks like the real deal. It's been a while since Generations and hopefully they stay consistent with what makes a good sonic game since then! Can't wait.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Didn't Sonic Colors get announced at E3? Don't quote me, but that's the first time I heard of it then.

Aside, this looks like the real deal. It's been a while since Generations and hopefully they stay consistent with what makes a good sonic game since then! Can't wait.

Nah, Sonic Colors got announced in May about a month before, and was announced on a random day with a teaser trailer and press release and shortly more info in Nintendo Power. E3 provided more info, but it wasn't the announcement.

J@hranimo

Banned
Nah, Sonic Colors got announced in May about a month before, and was announced on a random day with a teaser trailer and press release and shortly more info in Nintendo Power. E3 provided more info, but it wasn't the announcement.

Ah ok then. I guess they seemed so close together I just thought it all got announced at E3.

Then again that's how Generations got announced: teaser trailer and then more info at E3. I guess we're going to see something sooner than later.

Slavik81

CAN'T STICK AROUND, GOTTA T-REX ON MY TAIL. WHAT TIME AM I IN, ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!
MUST KEEP ON LEAPING THROUGH TIME
NO TIME FOR GUESSING, I'LL FIGHT PIRATES INSTEAD
SAMURAI IS WHAT I CAN SEE
TAKE MY LEAD, DEMOCRACY~

I want this game now. With this song.

Fuck whatever they were actually planning on doing.

TaroYamada

Generations was solid but had tons of room for improvements, I doubt I'll ever see a Sonic as good as the Genesis ones again but still, hopefully they improve on Generations.

Something like a Sonic Generations 2 made up of cut levels like Hidden Palace, Dust Hill and stuff we never even know about from later games would be neat and fit the 'Lost World' part.

That's not what this is though.

AniHawk

something like this sounds like it could have more classic platformer designs where they're free to just make shit up like they did in colors. i hope that's what it means, and not that it's taking place in some dumb human city. unleashed was pretty gorgeous, and some of those levels were neat, but i'll take crazy space path over running up clock towers anyday.

xyzls

...It begins... START THE CYCLE!!!

You know the Sonic Cycle... does it really exist or do we just say it exists because we were so hyped and cut by 2006 and the Werewolf?

I don't remember anyone being hyped about Shadow the Hedgehog or any other spinoff, and the rest such as the handhelds and Dreamcast titles were pretty good.

Azure J

something like this sounds like it could have more classic platformer designs where they're free to just make shit up like they did in colors. i hope that's what it means, and not that it's taking place in some dumb human city. unleashed was pretty gorgeous, and some of those levels were neat, but i'll take crazy space path over running up clock towers anyday.

As much as Rooftop Run was crazy cool to me, I agree. More Starlight Carnivals, Sweet Mountains, Terminal Velocities and Planet Wisps please.

I hop this is Wii U exclusive (don't give me the buff about the low sales...), Secret Rings was exclusive and came early in its life and did extremely well and fully utilized the potential of the console and wasn't a bad looker at the time either.

Blueblur1

I don't like the name but I don't hate it either. I'm eager to find out more. Hopefully Sonic controls better than he did in the last couple of games.

Could be announced today, because Colors' trademark was found on the same day it was unveiled, now when it was completed prior to being found, I don't know. Unleashed's trademark was also found very quickly before being unveiled.

I say today, tomorrow, or by the end of next week.

Something more like Adventure? That could be right up my alley if the controls and level design are similar, too (though definitely improved from the originals). If this means more natural surroundings and abstract environments, and not those cityscapes that have plagued Sonic games since Heroes, then that's great.

Then again, there's always been a decent balance between environments. Who knows what this game will offer!

Sonic wakes up from a coma to discover Sega no longer makes consoles. Japan is suffering financial hardship; his few remaining fans huddle together in strange cliques, creating bizarre, disturbing pieces of artwork dedicated to the memory of his legacy.

Upon walking past a storefront, Sonic suddenly realizes - Sega has been dragging his corpse out to flail around like a zombie marionette in often dubious software... for Nintendo systems. He realizes, he wasn't in a coma... he was dead.

Now, the only thing left for him is to seek out the ghosts of his dead friends, and maybe even strike a deal with the devil himself Doctor Robotnik to attempt to get his body back and save his legacy from a powerful cult of Deviantart Mpreg fetishists trying to purchase the rights to his IP from Sega, in:

SONIC LOST WORLD

Coming this Summer

Top Bottom