• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania patch adds Super Sonic button, fixes Switch home button issues

"Hey guys, our Switch patch is rolling out now!"

*three days later*

Still waiting, Sega.

switch owners be like

tenor.gif

Lucifon

Played at the weekend and still no patch, any update on this? My console froze after sleeping with Sonic Mania, just a black screen.

Played some Sonic Mania today on Switch and didn't see an update. The home button problem is still there. Just waiting for a fix.

At this point I wish anybody from the dev team or Sega came out and explained whats with the delay on the Switch patch (needs more testing? Certification issues?) rather than keeping us in the dark.

EDIT: Since im the last person who posted , patch has gone live now.

Mark1

Yeah the patch has gone live.

And what a difference it feels to get back and forth between the home menu now.

Having the option to play Super Sonic and still choose to use the drop dash definitely makes the game more playable now.

Great improvement.

Good to hear. Always transforming wasn't just unpreferable; it straight up broke some sections.

Recently I was playing a level as Knuckles, and there's a segment where you have to glide/climb walls over a giant bottomless pit. There are a bunch of rings in the middle of it, so if you went over 50 rings, you were fucked, because you couldn't begin a glide without turning super, and when you do, you just fall and can't glide.

Top Bottom