• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing getting arcade version

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
CEC-Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-pic-11.jpg

http://arcadeheroes.com/2011/01/20/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-arcade-first-photos/

If anyone's living in Skokie, IL, then you'll find it at the local Chuck-E-Cheeses.

Someone already snapped pics, and it's appearing to use the cabinet design from Sega Racing Classic and GRID Arcade.

I remember S0L saying that there were unused track designs being prepared for DLC, but that never happened. Hopefully, they show up in the arcade edition.

Emitan

Gravijah said:
This game will probably beat the pants off of MKA.
I haven't played S&SASR besides the demo so I can't judge it, but MKA is a pretty fun game THAT I WISH WOULD COME TO 3DS.

goldenpp72

Billychu said:
I haven't played S&SASR besides the demo so I can't judge it, but MKA is a pretty fun game THAT I WISH WOULD COME TO 3DS.

SASR is fucking amazing, easily in the top 3 kart racers of all time, and definitely a better game than mario kart wii at least. A shame it sold so badly, but glad to see something else come from it :)

Emitan

goldenpp72 said:
SASR is fucking amazing, easily in the top 3 kart racers of all time, and definitely a better game than mario kart wii at least. A shame it sold so badly, but glad to see something else come from it :)
A few friends and I almost bought it during a Steam sale until we found out there's no online play on the PC version. I don't know any console friends who have it so I just skipped it. I've been playing my 360 again so I might pick it up for that over the PS3 version just to have Banjo.

WillyFive

goldenpp72 said:
and definitely a better game than mario kart wii at least.

I wouldn't say that. They each have different strengths and weaknesses. I got SASR because my copy of Mario Kart Wii broke, but I still miss MKWii. And I would miss SASR if I couldn't play it as well.

Nice, the game deserves more exposure. It's too bad they abandoned the console versions like they did, but considering how badly it tanked, I guess I don't totally blame them.

TheOGB

Banned
Hope this'll eventually replace The Fast and The Furious at Grand Slam.
bfiye.gif

goldenpp72 said:
1. Crash Team Racing
2. Super Mario Kart
3. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
UU3li.gif

Gravijah

TheOGB said:
bfiye.gif

1. Crash Team Racing
2. Super Mario Kart
UU3li.gif

I respect any man with SMK in their top 3.

goldenpp72

TheOGB said:
bfiye.gif

1. Crash Team Racing
2. Super Mario Kart
UU3li.gif

Wow.. i think that's exactly my list but I was afraid to say it in fear of the MK defense force.

I could see some putting diddy kong in third, but yeah.

TheOGB

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
Wow.. i think that's exactly my list but I was afraid to say it in fear of the MK defense force.

I could see some putting diddy kong in third, but yeah.
If it came to a vote of 7 "deciders", I think ASR would win out 4-3.

Billychu said:
Am I the only person who liked Mario Kart: Super Circuit?
Actually, no.

Wild guess but I would think this arcade version is set to hard mode all the time, time limit like all arcade games. Each cup has 4 races so I wonder if winning = play next race until end of cup? would be worth my quid for 4 races.

Diablohead said:
Each cup has 4 races so I wonder if winning = play next race until end of cup? would be worth my quid for 4 races.
On one hand Mario Kart Arcade GP successfully forced you to pay £1 per race in a cup, but on the other Sega arcade games have always been time based. I personally wouldn't want to bet either way at present.

Though it's not like it matters anyway, arcades are dead in the UK and you'll never find one willing to replace their numerous awful Fast & The Furious cabinets for this.

GhaleonQ

Ah, I as going to say that Arcade Heroes had this awhile ago, but now they've arrived. And my mom's side of the family lives in Skokie! Time to make a holiday visit.

GWX

wsippel said:
Not sure if anyone really cares, but it seems Sumo Digital is currently working on a 3DS version as well.

That's great. Hope it has new courses (and runs at 60fps).

WillyFive

1. Diddy Kong Racing

2. Everything else (Mario Kart goes from DS > Wii > Super Circuit > 64 > Double Dash > SMK)

_dementia said:
Hope so. IIRC the Wii version was 60 while the PS360 one was 30.

Wii version of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing?

No, I own it. It's 30. The DS was 60, and the 360 had less than 30.

TheOGB

Banned
Willy105 said:
1. Diddy Kong Racing

2. Everything else (Mario Kart goes from DS > Wii > Super Circuit > 64 > Double Dash > SMK)

Lolno. OPINIONS!

Mr Jared

Awesome news, I love this game. Also, those clamoring for Mario Kart Arcade ... it's awful. Beyond awful.

Will have to harass Golfland management to see if there's any hope of maybe even replacing our MKA machines with it =P

Sydle

I would drop some quarters in that, but I'm not willing to go to a Chuck-e-Cheese for it.

Billychu said:
A few friends and I almost bought it during a Steam sale until we found out there's no online play on the PC version. I don't know any console friends who have it so I just skipped it. I've been playing my 360 again so I might pick it up for that over the PS3 version just to have Banjo.

Still a pretty regular community on Live for the game. I've had it since launch and still play it a couple times a week.

Billychu said:
Am I the only person who liked Mario Kart: Super Circuit?
As far as gameplay and balancing goes, it was the best part in the series. Anyone who is serious about beating world record times will agree with me on this one.

I just realized my local GameWorks went out of business. :(
Then again, I only went there once, so that's probably why it's no longer there.

goldenpp72 said:

Define 'badly' :p

goldenpp72

Dr Zhivago said:
Define 'badly' :p

To my understanding it never even broke half a million between the ps3/360/pc versions, which are the only versions I care about personally, heh. It apparently did so bad they decided not to release dlc they had in the works or even completed.

goldenpp72 said:
To my understanding it never even broke half a million between the ps3/360/pc versions, which are the only versions I care about personally, heh. It apparently did so bad they decided not to release dlc they had in the works or even completed.
What a bummer. That game is so good.

For the record when I play these days I play with weapons off, I like to think it's closer to the developer's original vision.

Emitan

Paco said:
Still a pretty regular community on Live for the game. I've had it since launch and still play it a couple times a week.
Was gonna buy it but someone said there's a 3DS version in the works so I'll hold out for that.
Willy105 said:
1. Diddy Kong Racing

1. I hate DKR. I always thought the handeling was awful, the courses sucked, and while having 3 vehicles was kind of cool the hovercraft was worthless (it made the bad handling even worse), and the flying felt out of place, probably to make sure it wasn't completely broken. I know that tons of people love the game and I'm in the majority, I just want to understand why people love it so much.

2. Double Dash greater than other MK game? Madness.

Top Bottom