• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Could decrease Your Game's Difficulty If It Sees You Complain About It

WitchHunter

Banned
I'm tired of these stupid fucking threads on patents that may or may not happen.

Tired Over It GIF by VH1
Chill, next, they will patent Kojima.

Whats up with all these "Sony could.." threads? It's all batshit crazy.
Soon Sony "could" wash your house and do your dishes before jerking you off, but they SHOULD just fuck off and make Bloodborne available on PC.
well, it's either 'sony could' or 'phil says'. it's never nintendo related...

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Well the motion sensor in the controller should know if you threw it, so it's already in place.

ReyBrujo

Love the title change.

I'm tired of these stupid fucking threads on patents that may or may not happen.

Tired Over It GIF by VH1
That's an engineer job, creating patents. An engineer not creating patents is like a carpenter not making furniture. Just make them and have them ready whenever someone else implements something like that to sue them.

Last edited:
Love the title change.

That's an engineer job, creating patents. An engineer not creating patents is like a carpenter not making furniture. Just make them and have them ready whenever someone else implements something like that to sue them.
Yep I know. My wife has like three patents and isn’t even an engineer.

If i want to struggle let me struggle lol.
I guess the point would be to exactly get to the values where you and I are comfortably struggling on different settings but perceive it equally fun. I would definitely welcome that.

One size fits all is always bs design and I have no idea how it is not outdated since 20+ years. Some people will find even hard not that challenging, while others actually struggle with easy.

Instead of letting me choose some arbitrary rating per game, defining some preferences at system setup, testing my reaction time levels, pure reaction and also reaction with some decision making involved, and then let me select how much suffering I want, some variation depending on genres and with each game answer questions about how it felt, also extract some infos on trophies I did and how long I needed to tackle those compared to others, retries I need for the checkpoint ... my gamer profile can/should have all the infos needed to adjust a game perfectly to my wants and create the best possible experience adjusted to exactly my skills and also perseverance.

If this is done intelligently, no one gets bored anymore ever, and no one really struggles on the other site of challenging, bordering rage but never get there long. Even a smooth sailing desire from the basic settings could be adjusted to be a bit more challenging to not entirely drop the relief of beating something.

Something like this could also make filler content more optional, automatically. Drop that shit entirely from someone games when that person is not liking it one bit and avoiding game series that did it before...

This would definitely enhnace all games quite drastically.

I have long suspected that Fromsoft have something like this - the difficulty js slightly suppressed when you first fight a boss - you nearly do it - then you go through the one shot phase and slowly get closer and closer until you just pull it off when you patience is beginning to wear. Maybe there is an algorithm to tone down the most devastating attacks when you have been at it a while. It’s clever - because it really makes you feel you achieved something.

It would explain why I play nearly every other game on easy and yet have completed all the Soulsbornes/Sekiro and have platinumed Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Mistake

So basically an automatic handicap system. Seems like a really dumb idea for a multiplayer game. Why have competition at all? It's like a race to last place

Top Bottom