• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? About Knack 2, the title is going to be Knack vs. Crash.

Sorry, I shouldn't even joke about that. RIP little bandicoot.

I know some people will be disappointed, but I'm looking forward to a lot of VR stuff. I've been waiting my whole life for these kinds of games, and I'm allowing myself to get excited. I can't really afford to put together a new rig, but PSVR makes it within my budget, so I'm gonna be like a little kid Monday night. It's been a long time since I've really been excited for hardware, so I'm not letting anyone bring me down on it :D

Crash Bandicoot: A Knack of Time

Or some sort of similarly stupid pun.

SDCowboy

I think Sony is handling Crash announcement like they did with FFVII Remake

Shawn Layden wearing a Crash shirt at PSX2015 is FFVII Hashimoto troll at PSX2014

Then Crash in Skylanders is the World Of Final Fantasy trailer that everyone wondered for a sec if that was the Remake

Then right after the hype deflated they drop the Megaton with a new Crash game coming to PS4

I agree. I can't imagine them showing Crash Skylanders and then leaving it at that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm really hoping killzone is done and dusted, awful franchise and I agree that the studio has a lot riding on it with horizon.
Also GOW going Norse mythology doesn't have me excited either.
Personally i find Sony and MS first parties underwhelming.

Thanks for, uh, sharing?

You could have said the last sentence, without the hyperbole of the first one. Would have been just as non-constructive.

Javin98

Banned
So we've had a bunch of "realistic" predictions, how about we shake this thread with a wild one? Something that defies logic and is good for laughs.

FelipeMGM

So is Agent going to be this year's version of The Last Guardian and Dino Crisis 4 this year's version of Shenmue 3? Would be amazing if so. :p

God Of War IV will be (kinda) this year TLG (a reintroduction of a beloved Playstation IP), Dead Dont Ride will be Horizon (new open world IP with gameplay reveal), and Agent is
dead, really dead

xxl30001

Banned
I think Sony is handling Crash announcement like they did with FFVII Remake

Shawn Layden wearing a Crash shirt at PSX2015 is FFVII Hashimoto troll at PSX2014

Then Crash in Skylanders is the World Of Final Fantasy trailer that everyone wondered for a sec if that was the Remake

Then right after the hype deflated they drop the Megaton with a new Crash game coming to PS4

I think if a crash reboot is there, they should open the show with it. Imagine Cortex's face being the first thing we see, announcing that he's finally back again, insulting the crowd over their lack of intelligence and his latest grand scheme, slowly other characters start appearing on screen, ending with a new trailer.

FiggyCal

Banned
God no!

They would not have remastered 3 on the PS4 if they were going for same mythology rebooting. Bring on the next Pantheons! My axe is ready.

God of War 3 was one of the most successful games on PS3; it's up there with Gran Turismo. If they remastered Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 souls which sold considerably less then that means that God of War 3 remastered was a safe move. I don't think it means much for what the future games will be like. It's just an affordable move for them.

So we've had a bunch of "realistic" predictions, how about we shake this thread with a wild one? Something that defies logic and is good for laughs.
Suikoden 6
Ape escape 4
Dark cloud 3
Wipeout reboot
Kh3 2017
Power stone
Phantasy star online localization
Jet set radio
Skies of Arcadia 2

...I like rpgs

Sucker Punch's new IP revealed as a Sinbad the Sailor-style Middle-Eastern fantasy adventure game.
SEGA announcing Valkyria Chronicles 3 Remake.

Javin98

Banned
Sucker Punch is making the exclusive WB Superman game.
Nah, I meant something more along the lines of "The crowd screams in terror as the stage explodes from C4 blasts. However, they calm down and instead applaud as Gaben rises from the stage. Half Life 3 announced, PS4 exclusive. Out now. The crowd scream their lungs out with a few even dying from shock."

Suikoden 6
Ape escape 4
Dark cloud 3
Wipeout reboot
Kh3 2017
Power stone
Phantasy star online localization
Jet set radio
Skies of Arcadia 2

...I like rpgs

Sucker Punch's new IP revealed as a Sinbad the Sailor-style Middle-Eastern fantasy adventure game.
SEGA announcing Valkyria Chronicles 3 Remake.
See my prediction above. :p

Actually, Nighty, I would kill for a Sinbad game like that. Sounds awesome.

So do we really think Neo will be a no-show?

Really??

Really. They had to get that one out of the system so that nobody waits for the Neo announcement and get's disappointed during the show. So now their audience will be totally focussed on games and PSVR.

N.Domixis

Banned
Crash Bandicoot: Search for the Lombaxes

Greatest cross over ever.

Crash goes on a journey through space and time to find a mysterious race of creatures called Lombaxes that have the technology he needs to defeat Cortex once and for all!

Developed by Insomniac Games
in conjunction with Naughty Dog.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
God of War 3 was one of the most successful games on PS3; it's up there with Gran Turismo. If they remastered Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 souls which sold considerably less then that means that God of War 3 remastered was a safe move. I don't think it means much for what the future games will be like. It's just an affordable move for them.

Yes success was part of it, also was them doing it to introduce new people to the closing of the Greek Mythology chapter, setting them up for 4 with a new one.

Just like Drake's Collection set up new people to the series for UC4.

It would be a train-wreck to reboot the game with the same Gods with different names.

Really. They had to get that one out of the system so that nobody waits for the Neo announcement and get's disappointed during the show. So now their audience will be totally focussed on games and PSVR.

Exactly.

Bring on the games!!!

_Ryo_

If you want wild predictions then just announce new entries in the ps2 classics on Ps4.

New

SIREN
Dark Cloud
Etc.

End it with Wild Arms 4.

FelipeMGM

Crash Bandicoot: Search for the Lombaxes

Greatest cross over ever.

Crash goes on a journey through space and time to find a mysterious race of creatures called Lombaxes that have the technology he needs to defeat Cortex once and for all!

Developed by Insomniac Games
in conjunction with Naughty Dog.

Yeah, I just need to know how Knack gets into the story

Javin98

Banned
Actually, where are these exclusive WB Superman game rumours coming from? Can't say I have too much confidence in that, seeing as how Superman 64 is one of the worst games ever made.

FelipeMGM

Will we see Dreams being demoed by Media Molecule?

Follow up question: will the game flop or simply underperform?

No, there is like 20h of footage of Dreams beeing played already (not kidding)

We dont need to see more of it. Just show us a trailer with the campaign they are making with the tools when we get closer to launch

xxl30001

Banned
Will we be seeing KH3 at E3? I heard in an article a while ago that it will, but didn't they specifically say that we'll be seeing more KH3 in the winter in the 2.8 trailer?

silva1991

We already have a great supergirl in making

2Wh5y4A.gif

just Spider man will be enough and Superman game is not needed.

ar4757

If you want wild predictions then just announce new entries in the ps2 classics on Ps4.

New

SIREN
Dark Cloud
Etc.

End it with Wild Arms 4.

You just made me realize since P5 doesn't come out until February :(

Atlus should work with Sony to get P3 and P4 on the PS4 as classics if they're not gonna port Golden

wapplew

No, there is like 20h of footage of Dreams beeing played already (not kidding)

We dont need to see more of it. Just show us a trailer with the campaign they are making with the tools when we get closer to launch

Agree, don't show creative tool anymore, just straight up campaign full level start to finish.

FiggyCal

Banned
Yes success was part of it, also was them doing it to introduce new people to the closing of the Greek Mythology chapter, setting them up for 4 with a new one.

Just like Drake's Collection set up new people to the series for UC4.

It would be a train-wreck to reboot the game with the same Gods with different names.

Exactly.

Bring on the games!!!

I don't see that being the case though. I really do think that it was strictly a business decision because it was such a successful game on PS3. There's no reason to introduce people to the closing of an old chapter if you're just going to introduce them to an entirely new thing right afterwards also. It'd be like putting Infamous 2 remastered on Ps4 to introduce people to second son; or Killzone 3 to introduce people to Shadowfall. It makes zero sense.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We already have a great supergirl in making

2Wh5y4A.gif

just Spider man will be enough and Superman game is not needed.

Man that looks so good. Great art design.

Never played the first one. Still have it for free on my Vita from the original PS+, maybe I should download it, or get the PS4 Remaster?

Javin98

Banned
Suicide Squad is (most likely) coming. Superman I haven't heard anything.
Well, I would love a Suicide Squad game if done right. Imagine a surprise release date of August 2016 to go along with the movie. Boom, megaton for me!
As long as the trailer shows a promising AAA game

DayEnder

Will we see Dreams being demoed by Media Molecule?

Follow up question: will the game flop or simply underperform?

Yes, since the beta is this year...and official confirmation of VR support.

Media Molecule is a relatively small studio (~50 people) so the budget wouldn't huge and a portion of the studio might be working on something else too. I suspect when they proposed making the game sales expectations were pretty realistic, so flop/underperform...I doubt it.

None of their previous games have been massive sellers and weren't considered flops.

Well, I would love a Suicide Squad game if done right. Imagine a surprise release date of August 2016 to go along with the movie. Boom, megaton for me!
As long as the trailer shows a promising AAA game

I am very positive that we will at least get one WB game announcement this E3.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't see that being the case though. I really do think that it was strictly a business decision because it was such a successful game on PS3. There's no reason to introduce people to the closing of an old chapter if you're just going to introduce them to an entirely new thing right afterwards also. It'd be like putting Infamous 2 remastered on Ps4 to introduce people to second son; or Killzone 3 to introduce people to Shadowfall. It makes zero sense.

You underestimate the amount of people who are new to a platform, but will skip a game that has a 4 in it, that never played others in the series. We see threads all the time on here with people asking if they need to play the previous games they don't have access to, and if so, they are just going to skip it.

How you can't see that as another reason is well, just trying to be right with the only narrative. Come on, lol.

I can definitely see the case for Norse God of War. But from Sony and SSM's standpoint... That's such a gamble.

How is it a gamble? The name alone, God of War, is going to get everyone's attention. It is a hugely successful series, with a great track record.

A new IP is more a gamble, however they are up there with ND, thus proven with TLoU.

silva1991

Man that looks so good. Great art design.

Never played the first one
. Still have it for free on my Vita from the original PS+, maybe I should download it, or get the PS4 Remaster?

379ch.gif

get the remastered version for that sweet 60fps

and if you don't care about better frame rates the vita version is still great.

_Ryo_

You just made me realize since P5 doesn't come out until February :(

Atlus should work with Sony to get P3 and P4 on the PS4 as classics if they're not gonna port Golden

How? Because of my avatar? You could always go for the JPN version. SEP 15!

sackninja

Media Molecule is a relatively small studio (~50 people) so the budget wouldn't huge and a portion of the studio might be working on something else too. I suspect when they proposed making the game sales expectations were pretty realistic, so flop/underperform...I doubt it.

None of their previous games have been massive sellers and weren't considered flops.

Um little big planet 1 and 2 both sold huge numbers. (Several million each)

Javin98

Banned
I am very positive that we will at least get one WB game announcement this E3.
With any luck, we just might. Since Marvel is monopolizing movies, perhaps DC can monopolize games instead. Tough being a DC fan when most of their recent movies suck.

I mean, Deadpool gets his own movie, but Deathstroke doesn't? Come on!

FelipeMGM

LBP 1 & 2 were huge hits, they are basically why Sony gave MM a blank check to do whatever they wanted next, and that became Dreams

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
379ch.gif

get the remastered version for that sweet 60fps

and if you don't care about better frame rates the vita version is still great.

Hahaha.

At the time I was going through a relocation to a different state after ending my contract work, so my backlog has been huge. Still have PS3 games I need to burn through, but my OG Phat PS3 already had one reflow, and is a screaming banshee, lol. May just sub to PSNow deal to catch up, since I can run it on the quiet Android TV, lol.

I will definitely get the Remaster. I know seeing the God of War trailer will give me the craving to get the GoW3 Remaster to replay that again too.

So. Many. Games!

I say get the remaster.

Will do.

I just recently picked up Blooborne for $15 new a couple of weeks ago, and yet to play it, lol. Hella LTTP.

You can get either Tearaway.

Just decide whether you want the mobile version or the console version.

They are both awesome in their own ways. If you can get both I would get both. I played Vita version first and still plan to get the PS4 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom