• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want games. release dates and new announcements alike.

i don't think we will get any new PS4 features update announcements as they are not known to announce them on-stage (mostly on their blogs).

As much as i want the announcement of PS1 classics on PS4, 4 years in since PS4 released, i've given up on it. i don't know why or what sony is doing with their legacy line but insisting PS1 classics to only tied to PS3 and Vita, 2 legacy platforms that's all but retired at this point........but hey, maybe they thought the margins' not worth it to do PS1 classic on PS4. I don't know..........since they are leaders right now, they felt less compelled to spend money on such things.

Well, enough rant. Let the games annoucements flow.

Wonderful time for being on the west coast. Get to catch the show right after work and endulge in all of the news for the rest of the night.

Zaheer

if PSX 2016 is any indication, it's that the leak has been plugged.

Except for MvCI, most of the games in PSX are not leaked. Especially Last of us Part 2. Nobody expected that.

Are there really a ton of people (or at least people familiar with ND) that didn't expect that announcement to drop at PSX? The Last of Us was announced at the VGAs the year Uncharted 3 released. The same happened for the next Uncharted the year TLoU was released. I would've been shocked if it wasn't announced last December.

devil_may_cry_5__sons_of_sparda_logo_by_risingsun16-daj5qxt.jpg
Please! In addition:

- KH3
- FFVII remake
- Destiny 2
- Anything for FFXV? No?
- TLOU2

Spaghetti

We were shown a private trailer at the Kickstarter dinner last September which looks nothing like the screens they have been putting out. This trailer could have been shown at PSX and sent Gaf into a meltdown, but it wasn't. They are being smart with what they are releasing to the backers, trust me on that. The executive producer said last month that the game is STILL on schedule for December, and with what we were shown, they could very well do it.
Quoting for posterity.

If we finally get to see an updated version of what you saw in Japan last year, then this'll probably make E3 bigger for me than 2015 was.

Floody

Are there really a ton of people (at least ones familiar with ND) that didn't expect that announcement to drop at PSX? The Last of Us was announced at the VGAs the year Uncharted 3 released. The same happened for the next Uncharted the year TLoU was released. I would've been shocked if it wasn't announced last December.

Uncharted Lost Legacy throw a lot of people off, I know I didn't expect TLoU 2 announcement, lost my shit at the Fireflies sign.

sjay1994

Uncharted Lost Legacy throw a lot of people off, I know I didn't expect TLoU 2 announcement, lost my shit at the Fireflies sign.

Speaking of, I hope lost Legacy isn't at the E3 showing. This isn't because I have something against it, I am looking forward to it... but I'd rather get footage of newer things.

HardRojo

8 out of 10.

Like the "Sons of Sparda" subtitle but that "5" needs more juice. No background silhouette character either which is a trademark of the series logo.

Can't reveal the new character just yet :p
I want Dante, actually, I'd take Vergil too.

Floody

Speaking of, I hope lost Legacy isn't at the E3 showing. This isn't because I have something against it, I am looking forward to it... but I'd rather get footage of newer things.

Same, though I'm not watching anything ND show regardless, still salty they spoiled the Madagascar chase, don't want anything major from Lost Legacy and especially TLoU 2 spoiled for me.

TreIII

Can't reveal the new character just yet :p
I want Dante, actually, I'd take Vergil too.

Dante kinda needs to be front and center again, after the series taking such a long break.

But if they want to introduce a new character, be they a new friend or a rival, I'd be all for it. Vergil/Angelo shouldn't be Dante's rival all over again.

This fall is completely packed. I don't see any Sony first party games coming out besides GT:S.
For E3, it probably will be a rehash from last year with maybe Sucker Punch showing their new game.

Bring on the Knack!!! (no sarcasm, i am truly hyped).

I'm pretty hyped for Knack 2, the gameplay snippets we got is great, things like deflecting enemy projectiles back at them, punching your co-op partner so they go straight at the enemies, controlling giant robot in co-op(?)

looks like there will be more platforming and some puzzles as well.

I have good feeling Knack 2 is gonna be great.

HardRojo

I don't know why I thought it was last year that they introduced TLG, Shenmue and FF VII Remake, it was 2015. Holy shit so Sony killed it in 2015 and 2016. Can't wait to see what's in store for 2017!

barit

I wanna know what Sucker Punch has up on their sleeves. This is probably the next big 1st party studio which can rise their mid-tier status to a whole new level like GG. Infamous:SS was good but unfortunately rushed. With more time and passion they could strike a hit. PS4 games having a good run lately

Sony is faced with the challenge to keep-up with legendary E3 2015 and 2016. Those two were so on point that people are expecting a lot from them this year...But if anyone could deliver on such a promise, it would be them, I suppose.

Hopefully Nintendo gets its conference on the same day (and also not too late) in Western Europe. I don't want to miss either one and I really shouldn't get two days off for E3...

Thing is, besides Megaman and Devil May Cry I don't know what else could get me hyped during Sony's conference. So many unbelievable things happened or are happening already (MvC Infinite, Strider, Ace Combat 7, WipEout Omega, Crash, FF7Remake...) that I don't know what's even left anymore.

I'm open to being surprised, though.

partime

Weep, no more TLG teases. Is there still hope for team Sony? Is there any game out there that will keep us intrigued the next century until released?

Lucifon

Eugh 2am means no live watching for me. They have all this space where everyone's moved out the way and they still stick to their US-friendly screw the EU time.

silva1991

Weep, no more TLG teases. Is there still hope for team Sony? Is there any game out there that will keep us intrigued the next century until released?

It feels weird not anticipating TLG or versus 13 trailers.

I just hope KH3 will be there at least.

Rymuth

Never understood this gif, why would Shu stop the hype train? Why do the hype train tracks lead to a dead end?

The hype train should crash into E3 and explode the roof, and Shu pushes the train! XD
Less stopping, more containing. :p

Philippo

Thread moving at a nice pace, this is the one where the leaks and hints get dropped when we're close to the event, better keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom