• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertPin

No offense to killer queen, but He/she is not a confirmed insider though. We, however, had the Ori dev that said that its feasible it could show up on E3, if not, then that its at least in development.

If anything, it doesnt have to even be Bloodborne. We just got from the devs that a Dark Fantasy rpg from From Software is coming.

Right. I'd be cool to know if he or she was a confirmed insider. It'd put this speculation to a rest.
Indeed I don't think it'll be 'Bloodborne 2' but a new IP with the same gameplay roots, just like Bloodborne was to Dark Souls.

Eh, I don't see this happening. Part of Bloodborne's identity is its gameplay combat, and I'm not sure Sony would be happy to see that either. Just my two cents.

aadiboy

Where exactly are people getting the idea that a Bloodborne 2 is even going to happen? It seems like people just started thinking it's happening, and now its generally accepted that it's inevitable. Fromsoft's not working on it, and there's no evidence Sony is working on it. Has there even been any actual rumors of it?

VertPin

Where exactly are people getting the idea that a Bloodborne 2 is even going to happen? It seems like people just started thinking it's happening, and now its generally accepted that it's inevitable. Fromsoft's not working on it, and there's no evidence Sony is working on it. Has there even been any actual rumors of it?

It'd be silly not to followup on one of Sony's biggest new IP's, especially one that sold very well and scored incredibly high.

Masagiwa

Anyone heard anything about Square Enix holding their own thing like the "Square Enix Presents" last year? Cause they have a lot of things in the cooking pot.

Eggbok

Just a Dreams appreciation post with things from previous Dreams threads!
Dreams-PS4-PGW-18-KalinkaGoal.gif

DreamsKFGcezanne.gif

rx926dP0eB1oQ.gif

DreamsMechBash.gif

31u9r5a.gif

22499781966_e3f1cbb937_o.png

emilie-stabell-04.jpg

DreamsChars.jpg

mJuMEnM.png

Elfstruck

It'd be silly not to followup on one of Sony's biggest new IP's, especially one that sold very well and scored incredibly high.

That's not up to Sony to decide if the sequel is going to open. Just because the game scored high and sold well doesn't mean it's gonna get green-light. What if Miyazaki doesn't want to make it? For all we know, it's all fan speculations and a dev from Moon studio chiming in. Miyazaki himself confirmed there won't be any soul game for anytime soon. Maybe BB2 will happen, but not anytime soon.

I wouldn't be shocked if the PS5 came out November 2019.

But it's not coming out next year. No need to. People are just starting to see this gen ramp up and we can coast through next year.

2019 though. I can see it coming out.

It would be weird releasing PS5 before FF7, Death Stranding and TLoU2 though (among others). I mean, there's always games getting swept into the next generation, but let's be real, PS4 has too many major titles that won't come out as soon as we want. Because of the overly long cross gen sharing with PS3, it also feels like PS4 barely started properly.

No offense to killer queen, but He/she is not a confirmed insider though. We, however, had the Ori dev that said that its feasible it could show up on E3, if not, then that its at least in development.

If anything, it doesnt have to even be Bloodborne. We just got from the devs that a Dark Fantasy rpg from From Software is coming.
Why are you still doing this.
Tell me why the Ori developer would have information. Just because they're​ in the industry? They work with Microsoft and are from Austria. What relationship would they have with Sony and Fromsoft? And just because they're a developer doesn't mean that they're guess was simply that, a guess based on personal opinion and not some secret. This is grasping at straws.
Hopes and dreams ™

itsFizz

That's not up to Sony to decide if the sequel is going to open. Just because the game scored high and sold well doesn't mean it's gonna get green-light. What if Miyazaki doesn't want to make it? For all we know, it's all fan speculations and a dev from Moon studio chiming in. Miyazaki himself confirmed there won't be any soul game for anytime soon. Maybe BB2 will happen, but not anytime soon.
Actually it is only up to Sony wether a sequel happens or not, as Sony owns the IP to Bloodborne.
Let´s say Miyazaki and From want to make BB2 and Sony says "no" well From´s shit outta luck and would have to create another game. Now in comparison let´s say Sony wants to make BB2 and Miyazaki says no....well From´s shit outta luck as they do not own the IP. ( In that case Sony´d have to make the game without From)

Shame how so many Sony IP's from the PS1 era have just disappeared (sometimes after being given one last shot on PSP).

Syphon Filter (as was being talked about above)
Legend of Legaia (I really miss this one)
Wild ARMS (I believe this is a Sony IP)
Legend of Dragoon
Medievil

All gone, and there's plenty I haven't mentioned. What's even sadder is that Legaia and Dragoon are probably gone for good given Sony's reluctance to do first-party JRPGs anymore, and Legaia 2 didn't sell well.

Hopefully that rumoured PS2 on PS4 release of Legaia 2 (based on a PEGI rating) happens though. That was last year.

devil dice
intelligent qube

The God

Actually it is only up to Sony wether a sequel happens or not, as Sony owns the IP to Bloodborne.
Let´s say Miyazaki and From want to make BB2 and Sony says "no" well From´s shit outta luck and would have to create another game. Now in comparison let´s say Sony wants to make BB2 and Miyazaki says no....well From´s shit outta luck as they do not own the IP. ( In that case Sony´d have to make the game without From)

How is From shit out of luck in the latter scenario? Sony needs From more than From needs Sony (edit: I'm obviously talking about in the context of Bloodborne 2 )

schaft0620

• IF the orchestra is still there this year, starts playing Days Gone track.
• Opens with Days Gone gameplay demo, showing a settlement and a fight against human enemies in a particular weather condition (snow probably), closes with a short trailer showing more enviroments, coming 2018.
• Shawn Layden comes in, usual opening talk.
• Detroit trailer plays, shows yet another protagonist and the plot, releases October 2017.
• Uncharted: Lost Legacy story trailer, Cutter is in.
• Dreams trailer, shows various types of "games", releases Holiday 2017, Beta in July.
• Gran Turismo Sport trailer, coming September 2017.
• Shuuhei Yoshida comes up on stage, talks about support from japanese developers.
• Ni no Kuni II trailer, releases September 2017.
• Orchestra starts playing a tune that immediately sends everyone crazy, it's Bombing Mission.
• Final Fantasy VII Remake gameplay demo starts playing, showcasing Reactor 7 section, ends with the Scoprion attacking Cloud and Barret. Episode 1 coming November 2017 (worst case scenario it only displays 2018). Orchestra starts playing once again, it's Aerith's Theme. She's briefly shown praying at the church.
• Orchestra is now playing Dearly Beloved. Kingdom Hearts III plays, shows new story bits, old worlds, Frozen world and new Overdrive forms, shows Rimu and Mickey. Spring 2018.
• Yakuza 6 trailer plays, confirming Early 2018 release.
• Screen goes dark, people hear a familiar male voice. It's Dante. Devil May Cry 5 announced. Trailer plays, no release date or year.
• Guy with a name i can't remember from last year's PSX is on stage, says this is PS VR great year. Plays montage of new VR titles.
• Screen goes black again, now it shows a first person view of a mecha from the cockpit. From Software logo comes up, everyone starts screaming. Armored Core reboot announced. It's multiplatform, but its fully playable with PS VR with a 1 year exclusivity deal.
• Andrew House comes in, now is Western developers support time.
• Destiny 2 live demo, shows PS4 exclusive content at the end.
• Assassin's Creed: Origins live demo. IF MS has the deal for AC, then whatever other open-world game gets announced at Ubisoft's conference.
• Star Wars Battlefront 2 Single-player campaign demo.
• Rocksteady's new game reveal trailer.
• Call of Duty WWII single player demo.
• Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer plays, coming November 2017 (worst case it only displays Spring 2018).
• Insomniac's Spiderman live demo, shows the open world web swinging, ending with a cinematic fight against a famous Spidey's enemy (Rhino?). Title revealed. Releases Summer 2018.
• Shawn comes back in, thanks everyone, says he still has something.
• God of War story trailer, coming Early 2018.
• Screen goes to black for a long time. Is it lver? Is there something else?
• Sucker Punch's New IP reveal demo, no date at the end.

Super light on Sony's internal announcements i know, but i'm starting to feel like E3 is now the place for bombastic announcements and PSX is the one about multiple, all-kind of announcements.

From what it sounds like Bloodborne 2 is a lock. As well as Marvel VS Capcom.

I really really I mean really like this but WB is with Microsoft so if the new Batman is ready they probably have it. Doesn't sound like it's ready from what people on here said. Also it's almost 100% confirmed Microsoft has Assassin's Creed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I really really I mean really like this but WB is with Microsoft so if the new Batman is ready they probably have it. Doesn't sound like it's ready from what people on here said. Also it's almost 100% confirmed Microsoft has Assassin's Creed.

WB isn't with MS. Injustice 2 has PS4 focused marketing and Sony has always had the Batman games.

Boke1879

How is From shit out of luck in the latter scenario? Sony needs From more than From needs Sony

Sony doesn't need From.

Bloodborne is a great game and it sold good for what it was. But lets not kid ourselves. The game was made to appeal to the hardcore crowd. That's it.

Elfstruck

I should have said that Sony needs From to make it. Do people even want to play BB2/DeS 2 made by different studio?

Dreams needs a proper single player with an iconic created character, otherwise the game is going to bomb badly. You need something for people who aren't going to create anything and to get attached to the character and story. I don't know why this wasn't obvious to MM when they literally created LBP that does that exceptionally well.

I'm going to buy it, a few hundred thousand people will either way. But I'm talking about this game selling millions LBP, it needs smart way of making the game. Hoping to be surprised. I think a January release would work well with this game.
with Bloodborne II in Feb and Spiderman in March ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Killer Queen already said they were verified by mods. At least FROM is working a new ARPG.
I don't know if verified is the right word. But i did send a mod a PM about how i got my information​ and from who.

If any other mod wants me to talk to them about the situation or go into more detail id be entirely happy to do so.

Miyazaki, the President of FromSoftware and creator of Souls/Bloodborne: I'm not thinking of making any sequels or spinoffs to Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Fans: Bloodborne 2's a lock.

lol

Tonky

Rocksteady traditionally has sided with Sony..I think we could see the reveal of their new game there since it has been two years since Arkham Knight.

Eylos

Banned
Miyazaki, the President of FromSoftware and creator of Souls/Bloodborne: I'm not thinking of making any sequels or spinoffs to Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Fans: Bloodborne 2's a lock.

lol

Two message above yours, there's a strong indicative.

I'm not a fan of souls game, not my type of game but im Glad for the fans

It doesn't matter if it's not bloodborne or souls, an ARPG by From is a must buy for me. I think the first games in their series are the best so I have faith they'd make another great new I.P.

orochi91

Wow, given the past couple pages, I suppose Bloodborne 2 can be safely ruled out now.

Fuck this, it was THE one thing I wanted to see.

I'll just skip the Sony conference and read up on the highlights the following morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom