• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

Not bad, though I think GT Sport, Detroit and Death Stranding will definitely be shown during the conference. GT Sport will get a trailer and maybe a release date but they won't linger on it because 'murica. Detroit will probably get a demo similar to last year and maybe a release date if it's coming out any time soon. And Death Stranding will definitely be there, you're underestimating Kojima's influence, he loves the spectacle E3 and other shows bring.

I agree that TLOU2 won't be shown though.

The fact that GT Sport is not that big in America was my line of thinking behind this too, but yeah it could tottally be in the keynote, and thats more a gamble. I do believe that both GT and Detroit are getting trailers this E3, featured on the keynote or not

About Death Stranding, I just think that Kojima should hide for a while and that for sure is clouding my judgement a bit here lol

You know what that means.

exactly

prob not even going to watch E3 this year...

Elfstruck

You don't think they have plans for different scenarios?

Eh, no. 1 or 2 backup announcements but that's it.

Why are people so hung up with the idea that Scorpio will make a big splash at E3. This is not a next gen console announcement, it's a console upgrade for gaming enthusiasts. If people want to play upcoming games with 4k/60fps, then Scorpio might be the choice for them. It's not a brand new console with exclusives that people doesn't want to miss.

kevin1025

Banned
This should be the year we see a lot of Star Wars stuff, with Hennig's and Respawn's Star Wars games nearing, but EA's gonna EA and at best we'll get dev diaries with 10 seconds of the game clipped in.

But did you see R2-D2 just rolling up to the background artist at his desk?!

exactly

prob not even going to watch E3 this year...
Yep, pack it up. Maybe next year.

Why are people so hung up with the idea that Scorpio will make a big splash at E3. This is not a next gen console announcement, it's a console upgrade for gaming enthusiasts. If people want to play upcoming games with 4k/60fps, then Scorpio might be the choice for them. It's not a brand new console with exclusives that people doesn't want to miss.
Yep.

Just chill on Scorpio lol.

You don't think they have plans for different scenarios?

Sony Exec: Okay, here's the plan. We'll go with the shitty presentation unless MS has an awesome conference. In that case, we'll switch to the good one.

Janitor walking by: Why not just go with the good one from the start...?

samar11

60fps@4k? interesting.

I wonder if it's possible that Capcom shadowdrops RE7 Not a Hero DLC at this conference, would be cool and it would fit well since it's free DLC and releases first on PS4 AFAIK. Also good filler for the VR segment.

It was originally coming out in the spring but they delayed it and we have no release window at all so could be that either they want to surprise us or it's still ways off.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder if we possibly see something like a Horizon story expansion of some sort, or if Guerrilla are full on chugging into Horizon 2 at this point.

I wonder if we possibly see something like a Horizon story expansion of some sort, or if they're full on chugging into Horizon 2 at this point.
"We're thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labor of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development," said Guerrilla Managing Director Hermen Hulst. "This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352971

Lady Gaia

Dlc already confirmed but I feel like we won't see it until psx

I keep seeing this claim but I'm not sure what it's based on. All I've ever seen is a quote from Guerrilla saying they're excited about expanding on the story. You can do exactly that with a sequel – not just with DLC. Is there something more specific that I missed?

Skeeter49

Sweet deal, thanks! Yeah, PSX would likely be a better fit unless it's fairly substantial.

I would think PSX is more likely if it is substantial, just because it would take longer, and they probably wouldn't have much of it to show at E3.

If it's just adding new stuff to the world, a few more main missions/ side missions/ weapons/ monsters, we might see it at E3.

I think we can put Horizon with Uncharted/ TLOU, wherever you show it it'll be huge and get a lot of attention, so being revealed at PSX would be enough exposure.

I keep seeing this claim but I'm not sure what it's based on. All I've ever seen is a quote from Guerrilla saying they're excited about expanding on the story. You can do exactly that with a sequel – not just with DLC. Is there something more specific that I missed?

Look a few posts up
"with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story"

That would be a really weird way of wording simply working on a sequel.

AndyVirus

GT Sport will get a trailer and maybe a release date but they won't linger on it because 'murica.

I feel like there should be a "lightning round" as Gio Corsi put it. Just have trailer-after-trailer of 2017 games, spending no more than a minute on each, so if anybody is disgruntled at all the 2018 release dates, this will shut them up. i.e. GT Sport, Knack 2, Crash Bandicoot, MvC: Infinite, Ni No Kuni II, couple of indies. Maybe even Uncharted but I feel that'll get a bigger trailer or gameplay segment.

I feel like there should be a "lightning round" as Gio Corsi put it. Just have trailer-after-trailer of 2017 games, spending no more than a minute on each, so if anybody is disgruntled at all the 2018 release dates, this will shut them up. i.e. GT Sport, Knack 2, Crash Bandicoot, MvC: Infinite, Ni No Kuni II, couple of indies. Maybe even Uncharted but I feel that'll get a bigger trailer or gameplay segment.
Sigh...idk I'm skeptical of this one..I feel the delay in the air

Lady Gaia

Look a few posts up
"with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story"

That would be a really weird way of wording simply working on a sequel.

The full quote ifrom Hermen s "This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story." I can easily interpret that ambiguously, especially from someone whose native language isn't English.

We'll find out in time but I couldn't comfortably say story DLC has been confirmed.

zsynqx

Sony's lineup of E3 games may be the best I've seen from a publisher at the show. The list is just...wow...
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/870347300924796928

Days Gone, Death Stranding, Detroit, Dreams, Gran Turismo, God of War, Knack 2, Spider-Man, The Last of Us II, Uncharted.
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/870347482726903812

Is he just assuming that games like Death Stranding and TLOU will be there, or does he know something we don't?

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/870347300924796928

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/870347482726903812

Is he just assuming that games like Death Stranding and TLOU will be there, or does he know something we don't?

They shipped the Kojima Productions statue over to LA so it will be there in some form.

Kojima lives for E3 trailers. It doesnt matter the game is barely starting actual development. Its gonna be at every E3 / TGS for the next 5 years.

schaft0620

Just thought of something we haven't talked about Thatgamecompany‏ is due to show something for sure.

Unrelated but we haven't talked about it Borderlands has been on sale everywhere I really thing they are going to show 3 off at some point this weekend.

Along with Splinter Cell getting backwards compatibility.

alemmon

Just thought of something we haven't talked about Thatgamecompany‏ is due to show something for sure.

Unrelated but we haven't talked about it Borderlands has been on sale everywhere I really thing they are going to show 3 off at some point this weekend.

Along with Splinter Cell getting backwards compatibility.

My guess... since thatgamecompany announced they are going multiplatform, they will show off their game at the xbox conference. I also think Borderlands 3 will be announced at Xbox as well. Sony already has a lot to show off for third party.

schaft0620

My guess... since thatgamecompany announced they are going multiplatform, they will show off their game at the xbox conference. I also think Borderlands 3 will be announced at Xbox as well. Sony already has a lot to show off for third party.

Oh yeah nothing to do with the Sony tweet from Andrew Reiner just some stuff we haven' talked about too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom