• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has registered/renewed the Psygnosis logo in early December 2021

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Image Trademark with Serial Number 75396591

image.php

Goods and Services
COMPUTER GAME SOFTWARE; VIDEO GAME SOFTWARE

Current Trademark Owners
Party Name
SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE LIMITED

pqueue

But yes, this is just their 10 year trademark renewal.

2021-12-01REGISTERED - SEC. 8 (10-YR) ACCEPTED/SEC. 9 GRANTED
2021-12-01REGISTERED AND RENEWED (SECOND RENEWAL - 10 YRS)
2021-12-01NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE OF SEC. 8 & 9 - E-MAILED

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Studio Liverpool and XDev are totally different studios. Just in the same city.

Liverpool was founded in 1984 as Psygnosis, bought by Sony in 1993, became Studio Liverpool in 1999, and closed in 2012.
Made games like Wipeout. Some of those devs founded Firesprite.

XDev were founded in 2000 by Sony and are a support studio handling external production. Still going.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Just to remember, this little owl is one of Sony victims when it goes out in the market to buy studios. I really hope they bring it back from the dead as a Wipeout-focused studio.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
Psygnosis made some of the best games of the PS1 era. It's always perplexed me how Sony has practically abandoned their games. Can you imagine having Wipeout, Colony Wars, and G-Police on PS5?

Star-Lord

Just to remember, this little owl is one of Sony victims when it goes out in the market to buy studios. I really hope they bring it back from the dead as a Wipeout-focused studio.
Mainly WipeOut with a little Rollcage chucked in for good measure. Those two titles alone would carry the company.

LiquidRex

But yes, this is just their 10 year trademark renewal.

2021-12-01REGISTERED - SEC. 8 (10-YR) ACCEPTED/SEC. 9 GRANTED
2021-12-01REGISTERED AND RENEWED (SECOND RENEWAL - 10 YRS)
2021-12-01NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE OF SEC. 8 & 9 - E-MAILED
The thing is Psygnosis trademark itself has been cancelled but the Logo has been renewed... 🤔

LiquidRex

I couldn't sleep early morning so found the Trademark after 1am and tagged a few people... I also found that Deep Down the Capcom project if you all recall on PS4 demo has had its trademark extended back in October... So who know's maybe Deep Down isn't dead yet, the original Deep Down trademark was abandoned in 2017 🤔
O4v7Pdj.jpg

Last edited:

yurinka

Nice. Let's hope it means that it's real that they will bring back PS1 games. And it would be great if they use it in a brand new Wipeout (for console) made by Firesprite.

They have many senior people at Firesprite who are former Psygnosis/SCE Liverpool top staff, same with Evolution Studios and Bizarre Creations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom