• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Is Allegedly In Preliminary Talks To Bring Helldivers 2 To Xbox Series X|S

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Sony Interactive Entertainment is in preliminary talks to bring Arrowhead Game Studios’ cooperative third-person shooter, Helldivers 2, to Xbox Series X|S, based on the latest rumor.

Speaking during the latest episode of The Xbox Era Podcast, co-host Shpeshal Nick mentioned that there are some very early discussions on-going regarding the possibility of Helldivers 2 being released on Xbox Series X|S. He believes that the current PlayStation boss is a little more open to “certain things”, hinting at the idea of experimenting with multiplatform console releases beyond just MLB The Show titles and Bungie’s future releases.

Buggy Loop

John Cena Omg GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Didn't you say making an Helldivers 2 to Xbox thread was the equivalent to "port begging"?

I don't think the subject line can be any clearer. Earlier in the thread when I jokingly said 'brb making thread about Helldivers on Xbox, you said that doesn't make any sense. The logic is just the same, because x platform holder has y,z first party games appear on another platform, it means more games need to be there for their games to sell well.

James Franco GIF

I mean....it isn't port begging but "the logic is just the same"?

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Didn't you say making an Helldivers 2 to Xbox thread was the equivalent to "port begging"?

This isn't a "helldivers needs to be on xbox to be successful" thread though, this is something being reported online. The source is hit-or-miss but let's be honest, when has that stopped people from making threads baout it in the past.

edit: applies to post above too 🫡

Last edited:

Kurotri

I'd love for this to happen because some of my buddies just don't have a PS5 or a good PC, but I heavily doubt this...

nial

Gold Member
This isn't a "helldivers needs to be on xbox to be successful" thread though, this is something being reported online. The source is hit-or-miss but let's be honest, when has that stopped people from making threads baout it in the past.

edit: applies to post above too 🫡
It was funny, no harm. I like to think you're better than this, though.

Generic

case by case, i don't see the harm. might even be a way to keep the iron warm as the game's popularity wanes with time. not much different than 1st party pc releases after a year.
Yes, more players in a GaaS is always a good thing.

Stopped reading there.

Same. But this is modern-day Sony. I won't be surprised if they do bring it to Xbox in a few months. Hell, they'd probably announce the port at the next PlayStation Showcase.

The brand just feels like it's moved away so much from its core values and doing away with hunger to genuinely compete, so this type of move wouldn't surprise me. That said, the source is complete BS and ironic considering how much they complain about PlayStation, yet they seem to always have PlayStation sources? WTF 🤣

Does anyone actually believe this lol.

Xbox is on its last legs and Sony has a legitimate honest to goodness 'Halo Killer' now, and they would use it to give Xbox a tiny bit more of a lifeline?

That's probably the reason they would do it TBH. If SIE only see Xbox as their competition, and the console is dying off, they'd throw them a few bones. And if the next gen of Xbox hardware are PC-like running Windows, Sony are throwing them a whole lot of meat (ironically).

Last edited:
Top Bottom