• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Knows

Jonnax

Before the end of 2015. Pls and Plz.

I'm imagining they're trying to prioritise the work that the 2 firmware developers do. :p

I expect all of these features, besides maybe the PS1 and PS2 games since that actually might take some work, to be there at the end of 2015 Sony. I mean come on.

And isnt there a store wish list already?

DieH@rd

Banned
Any thoughts on second one? I have no idea what to tick. (as though it matters.)

So far big PS4 software updates have arrived twice a year, so 5-6 months for each one.

Yeah no, would never happen, too easy to cheat (isos, etc).

I have no clue what you are talking about. ISOs are covering only the data portion of the disc. Security sections are not touched, and consumer DVD burners cannot access those parts of the disc. Original game disc can therefore be authenticated as original, and home discs can not.

If Sony enabled PS1/PS2 emulation, discs WILL be supported. They will only not be supported if the BD drive in PS4 can not physically read them [there was some talk that laser of PS4 drive does not support wavelengths for ordinary 700MB CDs [which PS1 uses]]

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Huh. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone want to remove a game from their library?
So the library isn't cluttered with old Alphas and Betas and demos of games that you wouldn't want to play again either due to a newer release or they were time limited in the first place.

DevilFox

Almost looks fake. Everything there should be checked, this lack of basic functions at the end of 2015 is astonishing.

From those options, I would pick 4:

- PS1 Classics
- PS2 Classics
- Change name
- Filter items in your library (there is a browser extension that does this!)

Ahnez

They will probably add everything regardless of this survey

Its probably just to set priorities

But the time window part is interesting.. Maybe they will really try to release on the winning time window

PS Classics should allow disc support unless they opt to specifically block it, so gimme both disc and digital and don't be shitty about this, Sony.

Also, jesus christ that list of everything.

deoee

Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1 Change PSN IDs #1

please please make it happen!
I made a mistake when I registered my username ;_;

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
which of these basic xbox 360 features would you like from 2006? c'mon.

Name change if you have to pick one.

Talax

You better fucking click on filters option in library. ;_;

And Classics.
And Folders.
And Custom BGs.

JUST CLICK ALL OF THEM!!!!! XD

Fbh

Huh. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone want to remove a game from their library?

For example if you finish a game and then sell it. You can no longer play the game because you no longer have the disc but there is no way to take it out of your library.

Or say I finished a Ps+ game which I have no interest in playing again and I erase it to free up storage. It will still appear in my library

Same for a demo or beta. Sure you can delete them to free up the memory but they will keep showing up in your library

People have been asking for all of this, loudly, for well over a year

Sony's response? Another survey. Marvellous

Unless I am having a senior moment, this is the first survey I have done for them where so many of the requested features have been listed like that. Usually it's just what do you think of latest feature etc.

Adam M

Region change would be cool. I often hear stories about people who are travelers or moving to another city and they have to create a new PSN ID.

If I know right, MS allows you to change it

Change PSN ID, please. C'mon, Xbox is doing it since the start of last generation, I can't believe they're still putting it in survey lists instead of simply doing it.

Region change would be cool. I often hear stories about people who are travelers or moving to another city and they have to create a new PSN ID.

If I know right, MS allows you to change it
On Xbox One region is tied to the console instead than to the profile. So you just change the console's region and you're done.

please please make it happen!
I made a mistake when I registered my username ;_;

I don't know how they're going to make it happen. Uplay on PC implemented username changes, and the way it works is that if you play an old Ubisoft game on PC (from 2011 or earlier), you still have the old username forever, and your new username only shows up on 2012+ games.

If PSN actually made your username the primary key, something similar to this is probably going to happen. It'll probably mean that PS3 games will show your old username but PS4 games will show the new one.

Head.spawn

Isn't there a feedback website?

It seems this is completely unnecessary when that is about as thorough as anyone could hope for.

If the ps store wish list is included in that list (I think that's available to everyone now) maybe all these features are indeed coming and this is just trying to gauge interest about what comes next.

MarionCB

Oh... thank God. You mean Sony know about some of the things we want in firmware updates. They don't know know. Not that I have anything to hide, you know.

Anyway, are things like folders or backgrounds really that hard to implement? Just do it, Sony, then do PS1 & 2 disc BC.

crinale

Well looking at choices it seems like at least Sony isn't unaware of what people want.
Out of those I want PS1 / PS2 classics the most so I can ditch my PS3 finally.

Rflagg

My most wanted feature, an activity log like the 3ds that tracks how long you have played a game or used each app, isn't even listed.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Well looking at choices it seems like at least Sony isn't unaware of what people want.
They would have to be incompetent beyond imagination if by now they didn't know what vocal people want.

Suzzopher

The pegi ratings for Dark Chronicle, Twisted Metal and Ape Escape 2 show they have it planned already.

Top Bottom