• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Liverpool 'Heist-style' game for PS4 concept art emerges

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The WipEout ones are labelled 2048, aren't they?
No on the last page. There are a few Wipeout screenshots labelled "Unused wipeout concept."

274_max.jpg

935_max.jpg

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Not like Splinter Cell like others have said but a heist game does sound interesting.

Moosichu

:( Some of the teased DLC ideas for 2048 sounded so good as well. However, if Liverpool got closed because the stuff they were working on showed the least potential, it gives me hope that the other projects could turn out to be really good.

I was coming to post this as well.

What the fuck. This could have been awesome. I would have bought a heist launch title for the PS4 in a heartbeat.

So it's totally dead?

Dr Dogg

Oh please don't be The Getaway 3. Saying that Brendan McNamara jumped ship to Team Bondi and put out L.A. Noire and we all know how that ended up.

I'd love a good heist game. I remember really liking that stupid budget PS2 game "TH3 PL4N" if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

This seems to be more in a Heat (although way more over the top) style; I'd also love to see a nonviolent, dialogue-driven heist game that was modeled after the newer Ocean's 11 movies.

Middle-aged white guys with short brown/black hair, shooting guns in a world of blue and orange.

Oh man, next-gen games are gonna change everything

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

More of this, please. Find myself quite excited for this concept. Hope that it's far enough along that we get to see a glimpse on Feb 20. Combining Tactical Action and Stealth seems like it could make for a really fun game, especially with the offbeat visual style we see in this concept art.

A.R.K

damn, I am still waiting for a GREAT heist game where you plan every detail of the heist and as heart pounding as that scene from the movie Heat. Payday doesn't count. It was ugly.

Hopefully next gen will give me this.

KAL2006

Banned
I just seen the WipeOut concept art, holy shit, that would have been the definite launch racing game title for PS4. I loved the concept of a WipeOut prequel where we have actual futuristic cars instead of ships. Hell they could have released this as a full retail title for PS4 launch. For old school WipeOut fans who don't like cars, all they need to do is release WipeOut HD update with 4K and more tracks and ships, similar to Fury expansion.

EDIT: I hope Evolution are working on a WipeOut prequel, with lots of Studio Liverpool staff that have moved to Evolution

Brera

Banned
Looks awesome.

If it's a healthy mix of GTA and Uncharted with a Mission Impossible type heist set up then im in!

Especially if it's set in the UK!

Top Bottom