• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Lowers MSRP on 17 titles August 14th (PS3 and Vita)

HardRojo

I can't wait for the announcement, I'll purchase Uncharted 3, GoW Origins and Jak and Daxter as soon as they go down in price.

uncharted 3 should be like 12 dollars used after this. might pick it up. even though the poor general reception means i still likely wont bother.

same reason i didnt pursue rage at 10 dollars. at those prices it isnt about money, it's about time

Hoping for PSN versions of some of these. I really want Jak and Daxter collection, but would also kill for a vita version... Welp, Guess I'll have to double dip if it happens

M.D

uncharted 3 should be like 12 dollars used after this. might pick it up. even though the poor general reception means i still likely wont bother.

same reason i didnt pursue rage at 10 dollars. at those prices it isnt about money, it's about time

wat

HardRojo

It wasn't poor but it didn't reach UC2's level, THAT was the general consensus.

Here's a question:

I have Hot Shots Golf on cart. If I buy and download the DD version when it drops in price, will I still have my progress from the cartridge version or will I lose that progress and have to start over? I'd like to know for sure before I buy.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Here's a question:

I have Hot Shots Golf on cart. If I buy and download the DD version when it drops in price, will I still have my progress from the cartridge version or will I lose that progress and have to start over? I'd like to know for sure before I buy.

I did that exact thing and it kept everything.

Tagg9

Hmm, I can't find any Canadian store with the new price drop in effect. Maybe the prices will change on Friday?

Fantasmo

Nobody else dropped them yet because it wasn't officially announced to be in effect yet. Sony obviously gets to lead the pack.

55Ifc.jpg

Got this email from my Sony rep this morning detailing the amount of credit issued per copy of each game in the mark down for retailers. New Prices are in effect as fast as retailers are willing to change them.

HardRojo

Did Uncharted 3 fly out of the shelves in Amazon? I was taking a power nap and noticed only Jak and Daxter and GoW Origins have gone down in price.

Did Uncharted 3 fly out of the shelves in Amazon? I was taking a power nap and noticed only Jak and Daxter and GoW Origins have gone down in price.

Must have, was in stock eariler. Best Buy, Target, nor Toys R Us are reflecting the new prices. Same prices as yesterday:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+-+PlayStation+3/1708812.p?id=1218286786572&skuId=1708812&st=uncharted%203&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.target.com/p/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception-playstation-3/-/A-13276247

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11889182

Lucent

Oh wow. I just looked at Jak and Daxter about and hour or so ago and they had some, now they don't. I was waiting to earn my $5 amazon gift card with bing rewards. Oh well, hopefully they'll be restocked by then. I have another 4-5 days til I earn that anyway.

HardRojo

Oh wow. I just looked at Jak and Daxter about and hour or so ago and they had some, now they don't. I was waiting to earn my $5 amazon gift card with bing rewards. Oh well, hopefully they'll be restocked by then. I have another 4-5 days til I earn that anyway.

Yeah I don't have enough to purchase Jak and Daxter and UC3 (I bought GoW Origins) so I was planning to get UC3 first but now that I see Jak and Daxter is sold out at Amazon I wonder if the next batch of games will be Greatest Hits versions but it's unlikely since it's a fairly recent game and no GH version has been announced for it or the other games that went down in price.

Must have, was in stock eariler. Best Buy, Target, nor Toys R Us are reflecting the new prices. Same prices as yesterday

Walmart is reflecting the price drops but I don't know, I've never bought online from them before and I think they don't offer free shipping. (I don't live in the US so I have to send the games to a relative's or friend's, shipping is a must)

Thoraxes

In for Uncharted 3. It's at the price I usually buy at Black Friday anyways, and I always get the games 1 year after they release.

Also, GA should hit $20 in sales soon enough.

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed in this. Was hoping to buy HSG Vita from PSN for $18 (new MSRP minus 10%) but it's still the same high price. Did they forget or is it intentional? If its intentional, Ugh!

If the MSRP does official change then it will/should be reflected on PSN as well. If this is just a temp sale, then it won't.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lol, you guys think this sale is temporary because PSN hasn't changed prices? They take a long time to reflect MSRP sometimes.

fernoca

The thread title did imply that the MSRP was changing and I took it at face value. It does seem that may not be accurate now.
As has been noted, some stores doesn't update prices until much later. (Some like Best Buy usually do every Sunday)

So that might be a case in here.
Plus since in most instances digital prices in consoles are somehow connected to retail prices; maybe not untill Gamestop/Best Buy update their prices; PSN might reflect that. So, maybe they'll do so next week....or maybe later, after all they're in their "PSN Play" sale, the least they want is distract some attention of those games to "OMG newly reduced games at $20 --buy now--!!!"

But who knows. If anything by next week well know for sure...hopefully. :p

Sony doesn't issue Price Protection for a temporary sale. The prices I listed in the OP are the new MSRP set by Sony effective today. Like others have stated, it takes time for retailers to put these prices into effect.

I have no idea when the PSN prices will change, which I stated in the OP.

Tagg9

Seems likely that stores will change these prices Thursday night, to have them go into effect for the next flyer.

Grinchy

Banned

My brother snagged a copy from Amazon, and then like an hour later I was going to do the same but they were sold out. It seems like their stock went fast. No biggie, they will get more and I could just run to Walmart or something.

Sony really needs to get their shit straight and fix the digital PSN prices though. Also, put UC3 on the store. I have $20 in my PSN wallet and I'm just waiting for the right excuse to use it.

Top Bottom