• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

Are we ready?

vfdeg2F.png

My giblets belong on dat train, make it happen!

Please add me to the train. This PGW is gonna be glorious...

Edit: Wait, Hype Trains are not allowed anymore? Oh, didn't know that. Sorry :(

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Hype threads are frowned upon now. I dunno what the thinking is behind it.

Isn't that the point in threads like this? I don't tend to ask to be put on the 'hype train' but it just seems a little mean to those that do. I guess rules are rules whether we agree with them or not.

Ricky_R

Sorry guys, the train is on a non-stop ride to Paris. Can't pick anybody up.

Just wave.

tumblr_n30jmb3nl41smqfiko1_500.gif

Now all we need is to put Shu's face on Potter's.

F4r0_Atak

All I want are the PS2 classics that were rated by the ESRB/PEGI. Seems like more of a PSX announcement, but it would be a good surprise so who knows.

Remember that about four Star Wars PS2 games are going to release with the new Battlefront for people who buy the PS4 console bundles, weither it's the Battlefront or Disney Infinity 3.0 bundle. Question is... are they gonna be available at launch or after Battlefront releases?

Wakka212

So what do we think is the show opener? Post highlight reel, I expect WiLD will open.

Meaty Dreams and QD demoes in the middle, new first party IP to close.

Elios83

Yeah, I think that if they skipped GamesCom, there's a good reason for it.

I think the reason they skipped Gamescom is that having a conference in late October simply allows them to make a bigger splash. They have the big releases of the holiday season, they have a price drop recently announced, with the conference they add a few reasons to be excited for the future. It's a coordinated effort to sell the system compared to something isolated in a really slow period like a Gamescom conference in early August would have been.

Remember that about four Star Wars PS2 games are going to release with the new Battlefront for people who buy the PS4 console bundles, weither it's the Battlefront or Disney Infinity 3.0 bundle. Question is... are they gonna be available at launch or after Battlefront releases?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

The bundle also includes Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and Trophy support.

Not PS2 Classics.

I think the reason they skipped Gamescom is that having a conference in late October simply allows them to make a bigger splash. They have the big releases of the holiday season, they have a price drop recently announced, with the conference they add a few reasons to be excited for the future. It's a coordinated effort to sell the system compared to something isolated in a really slow period like a Gamescom conference in early August would have been.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

The bundle also includes Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition, as well as a digital voucher to download four classic Star Wars titles – Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars Bounty Hunter – playable for the first time on PS4, and sporting enhanced graphics and Trophy support.

Not PS2 Classics.

That is covered by the long reported story that classics will get hd rendering and trophy support. So that doesn't really change much and then we have the leaked ratings of ape escape, dark cloud, and twisted metal.

That is covered by the long reported story that classics will get hd rendering and trophy support. So that doesn't really change much and then we have the leaked ratings of ape escape, dark cloud, and twisted metal.

Was it Twisted Metal: Black? That one is already on PSN as a PS2 classic.

It does not seem like the HD rendering and Trophy support would be simple add-ons (especially the latter), so they might be treated differently than standard "classics".

Why is Master Chief on the rails...? Is it because Halo 5 is releasing the same day as the conference? That's just begging for the thread to be locked quicker
It should be Locke anyway since you only play as Chief for 3/15 of the missions ;) jk jk

Why is Master Chief on the rails...? Is it because Halo 5 is releasing the same day as the conference? That's just begging for the thread to be locked quicker
It should be Locke anyway since you only played Chief for ~3 of the missions ;) jk jk

Lmao u not right for that one!. But i dont get why people think halo has that much power to be able to take hype away from a conference

Has there been any leaks yet?

Dunno if it has been shared yet but VG247 posted an article today saying that

Backstreet chatter is claiming the Hello Games space exploration title, a hugely anticipated indie release for PS4, could hit the console in the next few days.

Friends of VG247 are claiming PS4 owners could be in for a massive treat tomorrow, saying the game will release on PSN this week.

So... just a rumor from nowhere based on another rumor that came out of nowhere but hey, just wanted to let you know.

Source

Elios83

That is just speculation at the moment. Adding trophy support and HD rendering to old classics would make them closer to ports than to emulated games.
Sony would include the basic emulator in the dev kit and each publisher would need to port the game, tweak the code and adjust settings to make it work properly on the emulator with a decent frame rate, add trophy support and republish the game. That also means starting from zero with the list of available titles.
So a really different concept compared to the idea of an emulator where you use the old code as it was and the emulator does all by itself.

For now about the Star Wars PS2 games I'd stick with the official line, they are PS4 ports with HD graphics and trophy support.

Ricky_R

Thanks guys. I too like the fact that there has not been any leaks, but I do enjoy one or two at times.

It spices things up a bit.

Top Bottom