• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Philippines PS3 Launch (Lots of activities)

spwolf

ULTROS! said:
You know, I bought FFXIII for around $48 here. That's cheaper than the Amazon price ($59.99) :lol

thats official pricing or?

because i am now seeing a lot of games at 40 Euros here, for PS3, officially imported games (through Sony importer, so proper games), while they used to be 75 Euros year ago.

I am just not sure if this is new pricing policy for our region or just thats distributor is hurting in recession and want to sell some games asap ;-).

darkwing

spwolf said:

because i am now seeing a lot of games at 40 Euros here, for PS3, officially imported games (through Sony importer, so proper games), while they used to be 75 Euros year ago.

I am just not sure if this is new pricing policy for our region or just thats distributor is hurting in recession and want to sell some games asap ;-).

that's the grey market price though, we will know on 27/28 how much Sony is going to sell them for officially

@jsnepo: yeah i would love to go there, if only my PS3 can do teleportation too :lol

Wow, this is great news. An official commercial launch of the PS3 in the Philippines. PS3 gamers here have been asking for this for a long time. I'll be going to the launch event. Might win a PS3 in the raffle or the Tekken: DR tournament.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
spwolf said:

Asian price actually.

The Xbox 360 version of FFXIII (NA) costs $60 last time I checked my local store.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, Datablitz is the best place to buy original games, since they rarely overprice as opposed to Toy Kingdom and Toys R' Us.

So... any news on PS3Slim price?

I'm going to the launch in hopes that they might have super street fighter 4 on display. If it's not I'm going home.

I already bought a PS3 3 years ago.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
sturmdogg said:
So is there gonna be a PinoyGAF/PinoyPS meetup? :D

I hope so. :lol

ULTROS!

Anyone went to the event? I went there Saturday, it was ok, but I played FFXIII and GoWIII already and finished 'em, so I just watched the cosplay. I have pics though (phone cam so poor quality) so should i upload em? 3D was awesome btw.

Oh and:

http://www.techie.com.ph/news/sony-playstation-officially-official-in-the-philippines

Today, March 27, 2010, marks the biggest day in Philippine gaming history as Sony Philippines officially brings in the PlayStation brand into the local market. That's right, after more than two decades of waiting RP is now a legit gaming nation.

So that means the selling of PSOne and the PS2 here were unofficial? :lol

Two PlayStation products are part of the launch: The PlayStation Portable (PSP-3000) and the PlayStation 3 which will come in 120GB and 250GB variants. The PSP sells for P9,999 while the PS3 goes for P18,999 and P20,999, respectively. However, Sony will only carry "Asian" PS3 units locally and will not guarantee full compatibility with US-based games.

That's equivalent to $399. :|

Sony also said that they are also considering bringing the PSP Go as well as the PlayStation Network into the Philippines although they have yet to iron out the kinks. They also added that Peso-based PSN cards are also a possibility.

But perhaps the biggest piece of news is that Sony Philippines will now launch PlayStation titles simultaneously with worldwide releases. That means Pinoy gamers no longer have to wait for months (years, even) to get their hands on the latest games.

1. Yay but I'd rather stick to the US PSN. More games for me there. :D
2. Yay for simultaneous launch and not having to wait in Datablitz for more than 3 days.

PSP Go in the Philippines = dead on arrival.

I want Sony to officially launch US PSN cards. Our selection will obviously be crap if we get our own PSN selection. I don't know if there's such a thing as Asian PSN store though.

ULTROS!

Wolf Akela said:
PSP Go in the Philippines = dead on arrival.

I want Sony to officially launch US PSN cards. Our selection will obviously be crap if we get our own PSN selection. I don't know if there's such a thing as Asian PSN store though.

The stores I go to sell them anyway.

Top Bottom