• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Horizon got a gameplay demo during the conference as well though.

Why not show Uncharted during the show? They havent showed any action from the game yet and people love Uncharted. Not to mention the E3 crowd goes nuts for ND.
Yup uncharted will be on stage..its uncharted
Also don't agree with the whole something else deserves that spot thing but those type arguments have been done to death(looks at the long thread on gravity rush 2)

farisr

At most Uncharted TLL is going to get a trailer showcasing action/a setpiece if its at the E3 conference. No gameplay demo. It's not a full price title and there's way too much other stuff to show off.

-Spider-Man gameplay reveal

-God of War will likely get a higher/faster-paced different weapon focused action segment showing off the scale of the game, not to mention much smoother combat.

-Days Gone will get some sort of an edited featurette/gameplay trailer that shows off certain features of the game that take a while to setup (like aggravating a zombie horde, and leading them into an enemy base camp) AND/OR a story trailer that tells you what the main narrative of the game is going to be.

-Detroit should get another trailer + release date announcement

-Dreams may get a beta announcement, maybe showing off a story/campaign mission, or just a trailer showcasing the creation features in action

-Sucker Punch IP may be ready for a reveal with a gameplay demo as well

-other unannounced first party project(s)

-Destiny 2 trailer + beta announcement/shadowdrop

-Call of Duty WWII campaign demo

-Battlefront 2 multiplayer trailer (likely Yoda vs Maul) or campaign mission snippet

-new Capcom title (hoping for DMC5)

It's going to be packed.

dolce

Banned
Of course, otherwise it'd be full price and we'd be waiting another year.

Sure. I think that's a safe bet, but you never know. It could be longer than we expect and be a pleasant surprise.

Then again, quality is more important than length to me, so as long as the quality is there, I'll be happy with whatever duration.

I think I am about to start rewatching the conferences too. I do it every year lol. I tried to watch EA but I got bored though.
Ew I'll never watch that one again. Don't care for Bethesda either. It's usually Ubisoft and Sony for me. Some form of Nintendos as well
I edited a best reactions 2016 video, and I know I've gone through most of the major parts of the conference more than 100 times.
Link?

Sure. I think that's a safe bet, but you never know. It could be longer than we expect and be a pleasant surprise.

Then again, quality is more important than length to me, so as long as the quality is there, I'll be happy with whatever duration.
I think length will surprise too. I just want a good amount of quality regardless of length.

Skeeter49

The benefit of Horizon being shown prior to E3 was to break the news of the delay outside the conference.
If any of the First Party games are planned to release In 2017, I'd assume they'll save it for the conference, while they might show a trailer for a 2018 game a few days before, to help set expectations.

I think I am about to start rewatching the conferences too. I do it every year lol. I tried to watch EA but I got bored though.

lol people should know not to watch EA conferences anymore unless you're a really big fan of sports games, and even then it's still terribly boring.

I just catch the important trailers/gameplay on Youtube. They go up right after the conference anyway.

farisr

Giant bombs faces always kills my hype lol. Having them and eza shown at the same time made it apparent
LOL, they're only there for like a clip I think, as they were mostly down/"uh is that it" on the sony stuff. Featured more in the Part 1 vid due to the hilarious Ghost Recon Wildlands commentary. And in the 2015 vid with the WiLD segment as well.

lol people should know not to watch EA conferences anymore unless you're a really big fan of sports games, and even then it's still terribly boring.

I just catch the important trailers/gameplay on Youtube. They go up right after the conference anyway.
I didn't watch last year so I decided to give it a shot. Nope lol.

Giant bombs faces always kills my hype lol. Having them and eza shown at the same time made it apparent
Yep.

Skeeter49

I didn't watch last year so I decided to give it a shot. Nope lol.

Yep.
It really makes you think deeply, like how all the money used for that conference could have went to something important.

Have Mass Effect, 3 big Star Wars games, and Battlifield, and you somehow definitively made the worst show, you have to try to do that.

It really makes you think deeply, like how all the money used for that conference could have went to something important.

Have Mass Effect, 3 big Star Wars games, and Battlifield, and you somehow definitively made the worst show, you have to try to do that.
It shows how important the things outside of the content are. How you space your games, what game comes after another game, what is said in between, etc...

That stuff can sink content (EA) or elevate what you have even more (Sony).

DieH@rd

Banned
Huber"Will re2 remake finally reveal itself!!"

O yeah, in a month we will be getting a new Final Bets special! :D

17332567_1937344806498153_914428108168232960_n.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd be surprised if we didn't see REmake 2 at E3 this year. It should be a pretty big game for Capcom as the series keeps selling quite well overall and people responded very well to the REmake release.

Watching the E3 conferences through GiantBomb is like watching the soul of a child get sucked out of them when their dreams get crushed.

I mean I like GB, but damn.

DKHF

I'd be surprised if we didn't see REmake 2 at E3 this year. It should be a pretty big game for Capcom as the series keeps selling quite well overall and people responded very well to the REmake release.
I don't think we will see it at this E3. It was green-lit in August 2015 so it will have been less than 2 years since the start of production meaning it would could still be pretty far out if they showed it off this E3. And I think the relatively quick reveal to release of RE7 worked well for Capcom so they might wait until it's closer to completion to show it off. Maybe I'm overestimating the budget of it though and it won't take 3 years+ to make.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't think we will see it at this E3. It was greenlit in August 2015 so it will have been less than 2 years since the start of production meaning it would could still be pretty far out if they showed it off this E3. And I think the relatively quick reveal to release of RE7 worked well for Capcom so they might wait until it's closer to completion to show it off. Maybe I'm overestimating the budget of it though and it won't take 3 years+ to make.

I figure 2 years is enough time to produce enough material for a trailer or who know's they cop out and its a CG trailer with some gameplay shown behind closed doors for journalists and the select few lucky bastards. I suppose it depends on the game itself. If its going old school RE style with pre rendered backgroudns, super high fidelity character models, camera angles and such they could probably produce something to show off, even if its just walking through a few rooms, popping a few zombies, and then suddenly a licker comes out in a new way to scare the shit out of you, bring up the Resident Evil 2 logo.

This is what I do too. Sony's E3 is almost always 2am UK time so there's no way I'm staying up for that!

DKHF

I figure 2 years is enough time to produce enough material for a trailer or who know's they cop out and its a CG trailer with some gameplay shown behind closed doors for journalists and the select few lucky bastards. I suppose it depends on the game itself. If its going old school RE style with pre rendered backgroudns, super high fidelity character models, camera angles and such they could probably produce something to show off, even if its just walking through a few rooms, popping a few zombies, and then suddenly a licker comes out in a new way to scare the shit out of you, bring up the Resident Evil 2 logo.
They could definitely bring stuff like that if they want to, I'm just not sure they will after RE7 and will focus on their games that are closer to release. Though they might feel obligated to show something since RE2 remake has been announced for a while.

BigEmil

At least they look like they're having a good time lol Sometimes it feels like the Giantbomb crew is watching a funeral march.
Ginatbomb crew is way too over cynical like they're not a fan of games just there for there job to get paid and talk whatever and they grew growing a fanbase of cynicals that's their shtick

Only gonna watch EA conference for Battlefront 2, (hopefully Need for Speed 2017/8 is there too and PvZ Garden Warfare 3), gonna skip stuff like FIFA etc same ol

Top Bottom